Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Webster replacement 03:18 - Jun 28 with 4649 viewsitfctilidie

We signed Chalobah from Chelsea, an England U19 centre back who isn't coming to warm the bench. We then sell an injury prone Webster for what ever the fee is (3.5 million - 5 Million) - We already had the replacement signed before we agreed to sell Webster which is a different approach to the previous regime already. We have signed a quality young replacement albeit on loan, but given the pedigree of Chalobah there is a good chance he is a better player than Webster and less injury prone. Also then gives us the chance to strengthen other areas of the squad, and find an experienced centre half.
He's 19..... on 20:44 - Jun 28 with 491 viewsBloots

Webster replacement on 18:34 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

You just have to look at the fact that there are very, very few 18 year olds who have played regularly in this league over the last 2-3 seasons. It's a tough, tough league and if we don't sign another centre back (or 2) I will be absolutely amazed and astounded.

....next week.

Just saying.

Again.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Played in the Checkatrade thing. (n/t) on 20:47 - Jun 28 with 479 viewsBloots

Webster replacement on 09:27 - Jun 28 by Nazemariner

Am i right in saying that Chalobah has never played a competitive game at club level in his entire life?

Decent signing, but if we are suggesting that he is the replacement for our best defender, then we really are fooked!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He's 19..... on 20:50 - Jun 28 with 475 viewsitfcjoe

He's 19..... on 20:44 - Jun 28 by Bloots

....next week.

Just saying.

Again.

I haven’t seen you say it previously- apologies where I’ve missed that.

Even at 19 I can only think I’ve Carter-Vickers who was a full international that has played regularly as a CB at that age in this league in last 2-3 seasons

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024