Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) 11:16 - Jun 28 with 1797 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:23 - Jun 28 with 1784 viewsTIB

Makes a change doesn't it...signing players fairly early doors / not waiting for the loan window to open and see who's left available or scraping the free agent barrel

I reckon we'll see four more in soon enough...winger, central midfielder, centre back and a full back.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:25 - Jun 28 with 1772 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:23 - Jun 28 by TIB

Makes a change doesn't it...signing players fairly early doors / not waiting for the loan window to open and see who's left available or scraping the free agent barrel

I reckon we'll see four more in soon enough...winger, central midfielder, centre back and a full back.

Definitely seems like he has a very clear idea of how he wants to change the squad already, which is quite impressive. Letting Webster go is a BIG call that early into his tenure. Has upped the stakes of this transfer window quite a lot IMO.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:27 - Jun 28 with 1759 viewsfooters

Very promising start. Whatever you think of the Webster deal, it's clear that Hurst has some serious intentions and big ideas. Can't remember being this excited for a long time.

And my retro cup winners shirt's arriving today as well!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 1743 viewsitfcjoe

DIfferent this year with window ending earlier

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 28 with 1732 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:27 - Jun 28 by footers

Very promising start. Whatever you think of the Webster deal, it's clear that Hurst has some serious intentions and big ideas. Can't remember being this excited for a long time.

And my retro cup winners shirt's arriving today as well!

Selling Webster shows a huge amount of confidence in himself IMO. It's definitely a risk though. Like you though, very excited for what Hurst can do. Might even go to the first game!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 28 with 1727 viewsTIB

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:25 - Jun 28 by BackToRussia

Definitely seems like he has a very clear idea of how he wants to change the squad already, which is quite impressive. Letting Webster go is a BIG call that early into his tenure. Has upped the stakes of this transfer window quite a lot IMO.

Big gamble for sure but I think the money and clauses covers us if Webster goes onto bigger and better things plus his fitness hasn't been great. Hurst will bring the changes and I think his knowledge of the lower leagues will see his transfer funds go a long way. Roberts on a free I think is a great acquisition to start the overhaul.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 1722 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:28 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

DIfferent this year with window ending earlier

True - does seem like he has a very clear idea of how he's going to operate though, with Chalobah being signed as soon as he was, then decision on Webster being made early on too - that could have dragged on longer than it did.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:32 - Jun 28 with 1709 viewsfooters

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 28 by BackToRussia

Selling Webster shows a huge amount of confidence in himself IMO. It's definitely a risk though. Like you though, very excited for what Hurst can do. Might even go to the first game!

Absolutely. Got a big set of balls for a chap who's just 5'4"! Just hoping Bart isn't moved on in the same manner. Although tbh, PH could shag my mum at the minute for all I care. Sure there'd be a good reason for it.

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:33 - Jun 28 with 1699 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 28 by TIB

Big gamble for sure but I think the money and clauses covers us if Webster goes onto bigger and better things plus his fitness hasn't been great. Hurst will bring the changes and I think his knowledge of the lower leagues will see his transfer funds go a long way. Roberts on a free I think is a great acquisition to start the overhaul.

I'm in two minds. It's essentially the same deal we got for Cresswell, and isn't there a part of us now that's thinking we got a bit done on that one? £8m for a regular full back in the PL is a bit of a snip, especially a young English one. If Webster goes on to that kind of career then I think we'll be regretting it, but as it is £8m (minus whatever we have to give to Portsmouth) off a divisional rival isn't to be sniffed at.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:53 - Jun 28 with 1612 viewsGarv

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 28 by BackToRussia

Everything so far suggests he's really trying to make this team and ethos his own, but not in a bad way. He probably feels the club has been doing the same thing for 6 years, which I'd say fans would agree with, and wants to change things.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:24 - Jun 28 with 1417 viewsvapour_trail

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:32 - Jun 28 by footers

Absolutely. Got a big set of balls for a chap who's just 5'4"! Just hoping Bart isn't moved on in the same manner. Although tbh, PH could shag my mum at the minute for all I care. Sure there'd be a good reason for it.

Apparently he doesn’t like queues.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:26 - Jun 28 with 1408 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 11:32 - Jun 28 by footers

Isn't it obvious that he isn't interested in Mick's sloppy seconds?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:32 - Jun 28 with 1365 viewsfooters

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:24 - Jun 28 by vapour_trail

Apparently he doesn’t like queues.

Oi! Walked right into that one, didn't I.

I can promise him that it's worth the wait.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:33 - Jun 28 with 1359 viewsfooters

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:26 - Jun 28 by SpruceMoose

Isn't it obvious that he isn't interested in Mick's sloppy seconds?

That's why he took the job in the first place.

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:40 - Jun 28 with 1329 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst doesn't hang around does he. (n/t) on 14:33 - Jun 28 by footers

That's why he took the job in the first place.

A quick go on the old dear is in the contract I expect.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024