Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening 21:09 - Jun 28 with 2301 viewsSuperfrans

We’ll go out, I reckon.

I’m going for Portugal-Belgium, Columbia-Spain as the two semis.
Belgium-Spain final, Belgium winners.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:12 - Jun 28 with 2290 viewsSarge

Why? We’ll play our strongest XI, and even our second string looked better than Belgium’s in the first half. Colombia of 4 years ago I’d be more worried of, Colombia of 2018 are alright but we’re better.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:15]
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:14 - Jun 28 with 2273 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nah, 6-1 win

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:16 - Jun 28 with 2263 viewsm14_blue

If James is out that would be useful...

Colombia looked really good against Poland but otherwise fairly underwhelming.

It'll be tough but we can definitely do it.

Come on England!
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:28 - Jun 28 with 2205 viewsMullet

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:16 - Jun 28 by m14_blue

If James is out that would be useful...

Colombia looked really good against Poland but otherwise fairly underwhelming.

It'll be tough but we can definitely do it.

Come on England!

If we go out to Colombia, I hope it's on our shield. A nice 8-10 goal thriller is more than possible.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:30 - Jun 28 with 2195 viewsbluejake78

The Walloons with a couple more yellows
Happy with that (bring on the charlie boys)
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:30 - Jun 28 with 2192 viewsGlasgowBlue

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:28 - Jun 28 by Mullet

If we go out to Colombia, I hope it's on our shield. A nice 8-10 goal thriller is more than possible.

If we can't beat Colombia then we would have no chance against Spain, Portugal, Argentina, France or Brazil.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:32 - Jun 28 with 2177 viewsSuperfrans

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:12 - Jun 28 by Sarge

Why? We’ll play our strongest XI, and even our second string looked better than Belgium’s in the first half. Colombia of 4 years ago I’d be more worried of, Colombia of 2018 are alright but we’re better.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:15]

I disagree - I thought Belgium were better throughout the game tonight.

Pickford faced about 3/4 chances, Cortois just 1. And Colombia have quality going forward, something we simply haven’t faced until tonight.

We’re an extremely average side. I just can’t see us going much further,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:39 - Jun 28 with 2144 viewsLord_Lucan

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:32 - Jun 28 by Superfrans

Pickford faced about 3/4 chances, Cortois just 1. And Colombia have quality going forward, something we simply haven’t faced until tonight.

As much as I am gutted that we lost that really wasn't anything near our first team.

When I saw the English and Belgian subs chit chatting near the dugouts I realised that no one as taking the game very seriously.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:42 - Jun 28 with 2133 viewsGlasgowBlue

We were chalk and cheese from the two earlier performances.

In those two matches our game was about pace and pressing. Coming out of the stalls quicker than the opposition and winning the game metaly in the firt 30 minutes.

Tonight isn't a fair reflection of what we can do.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:45 - Jun 28 with 2117 viewsnshearman1

Agree with that last sentence, though it's not a disaster, and things are generally better than they have been for a long time. I thought Southgate got a little bit found out tonight. The media have been far too generous to him mainly because he's nice to them and gives them lots of access. Most of Southgate's decisions have been logical and reasonable but tonight, having said that we needed to keep the momentum going, it was a big mistake to make 8 changes, which just disrupted the team. Too much is made of all this great squad mentality and giving everyone again, but as one old player said these guys will have gone into the dressing room afterwards knowing they'd played in a World Cup and lost. And so momentum has been lost. The only positive, apart from being on the right side of the draw, is that the guys that were left out know they have the shirt now and a point to prove maybe. We lack quality and experience throughout. Up front we are virtually a one-man team. I've been a critic of Sterling, who I don't think is good enough, but neither was Rashford, and Vardy has been largely anonymous. In midfield we lack a top-quality experienced leader, and Henderson is our only option. The defence has made mistakes in all three games and would have been punished by better teams in the first two; but changing it as much as he did made no real sense. Similarly, we don't have a top-quality keeper. So we are indeed an average side, largely playing well, but still could well go out next game even if we are on the right side of the draw. However, long-term this World Cup is a positive investment in a future squad that could do very well with more experience.
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:47 - Jun 28 with 2109 viewsnshearman1

PS: I think Belgium are a top top team who could win the WC. Quality throughout the squad, no goals conceded thus far, and an average of 3 goals scored per game.
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:49 - Jun 28 with 2096 viewsSarge

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:47 - Jun 28 by nshearman1

PS: I think Belgium are a top top team who could win the WC. Quality throughout the squad, no goals conceded thus far, and an average of 3 goals scored per game.

No goals conceded? Who did Tunisia put 2 past then?
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 2083 viewsm14_blue

We're fairly average but we have a decent chance against Colombia and then would face either Sweden or Switzerland, both of whom are far more average than us.
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 22:43 - Jun 28 with 1992 viewsnshearman1

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:49 - Jun 28 by Sarge

No goals conceded? Who did Tunisia put 2 past then?

Yes, apologies
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 1979 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 21:45 - Jun 28 by nshearman1

Agree with that last sentence, though it's not a disaster, and things are generally better than they have been for a long time. I thought Southgate got a little bit found out tonight. The media have been far too generous to him mainly because he's nice to them and gives them lots of access. Most of Southgate's decisions have been logical and reasonable but tonight, having said that we needed to keep the momentum going, it was a big mistake to make 8 changes, which just disrupted the team. Too much is made of all this great squad mentality and giving everyone again, but as one old player said these guys will have gone into the dressing room afterwards knowing they'd played in a World Cup and lost. And so momentum has been lost. The only positive, apart from being on the right side of the draw, is that the guys that were left out know they have the shirt now and a point to prove maybe. We lack quality and experience throughout. Up front we are virtually a one-man team. I've been a critic of Sterling, who I don't think is good enough, but neither was Rashford, and Vardy has been largely anonymous. In midfield we lack a top-quality experienced leader, and Henderson is our only option. The defence has made mistakes in all three games and would have been punished by better teams in the first two; but changing it as much as he did made no real sense. Similarly, we don't have a top-quality keeper. So we are indeed an average side, largely playing well, but still could well go out next game even if we are on the right side of the draw. However, long-term this World Cup is a positive investment in a future squad that could do very well with more experience.

I thought it was fine really considering. I mean Rashford missed a sitter and we still ran at them with our B squad. I think the next game is tricky but win that and I think we will get to the semi's at least.
So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 23:06 - Jun 28 with 1956 viewsitfc1981

We will Kane them.

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 23:09 - Jun 28 with 1952 viewsLord_Lucan

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 22:48 - Jun 28 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I thought it was fine really considering. I mean Rashford missed a sitter and we still ran at them with our B squad. I think the next game is tricky but win that and I think we will get to the semi's at least.

We were playing their B team as well.

Not that you can take much from this but for me Rashford is better as a second half sub and Rose should start.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 23:26 - Jun 28 with 1912 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

So, England-Colombia on Tuesday evening on 23:09 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

We were playing their B team as well.

Not that you can take much from this but for me Rashford is better as a second half sub and Rose should start.

I know. I was torn all day really but I can see why Southgate done it. For my schedule though, the afternoon off and a national holiday the next means I can get right on it!

Plus it's Saturday after that if we win. So I am fine with it. is it bad to be enjoying Colombian delights during the game Tues though? Is that unpatriotic? (coffee of course)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024