Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:12 - Jun 29 with 8854 views_

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:41 - Jun 29 with 4795 viewsRadlett_blue

I really don't get the vilification of Cundy, except that it's a good example of modern PC nonsense. I, too, have always found female football commentators slightly irritating, also because of the higher pitch of most of their voices. I also have always found Motson's screaming irritating.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:49 - Jun 29 with 4770 viewstcblue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:41 - Jun 29 by Radlett_blue

I really don't get the vilification of Cundy, except that it's a good example of modern PC nonsense. I, too, have always found female football commentators slightly irritating, also because of the higher pitch of most of their voices. I also have always found Motson's screaming irritating.

So you find all women's voices irritating, but that's not sexist because you find one bloke's voices irritating too?

I don't know where you're going with this
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:51 - Jun 29 with 4758 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not sure where they talk about commentating?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:54 - Jun 29 with 4738 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:49 - Jun 29 by tcblue

So you find all women's voices irritating, but that's not sexist because you find one bloke's voices irritating too?

Not sure where you're going with your question

to give my option
Find 99.9% of female voices to high pitched for football commentary.
You have the odd ones with a lower tone which are ok, Gabby, Claire etc.
Should women be stopped commentating, no as you can't discriminate. Would it lower my enjoyment when watching a game on tv, yes. But that's life.

This whole sexist bolloks is getting rediculous

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 4737 viewsMattinLondon

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:49 - Jun 29 by tcblue

Men have been talking nonsense about football for decades so I see no reason why would women can’t talk nonsense about it as well.

Out of interest, do the same men who have a problem with women’s voices, also have issues with women referees or assistant refs?
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:56 - Jun 29 with 4726 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:55 - Jun 29 by MattinLondon

Men have been talking nonsense about football for decades so I see no reason why would women can’t talk nonsense about it as well.

Out of interest, do the same men who have a problem with women’s voices, also have issues with women referees or assistant refs?

No, because I don't need to listen to them for 90 minutes. Dur

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:59 - Jun 29 with 4722 viewstcblue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:54 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

to give my option
Should women be stopped commentating, no as you can't discriminate. Would it lower my enjoyment when watching a game on tv, yes. But that's life.

Where I'm going with it is that there's conscious and subconscious bias. I am consciously aware of MY bias, which is actually the same as Cundy's, but I am at least aware of it.

The reason I think I find it 'irritating' is because we're conditioned to male commentary so massively that it's immediately a massive 'WTF?' and where we would often blank out the insipid words of Hoddle et al, suddenly we're paying micro attention.

It's not always a conscious choice to be sexist, or racist. It's also not - or shouldn't - be something which makes one a social pariah if it isn't done with conscious intent. But it is still such.
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:00 - Jun 29 with 4712 viewsbluewein

Cundy was definitely talking sh1t.

However, people saying that the female pundits and commentators have been so much better than the males are also talking sh1t. With maybe the exception of Sam Matterface, they've all been just as dull and mundane as each other, but the desire to stick up for female pundits and tell people what a good job they can do is way too ott.

IMO...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 4704 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:59 - Jun 29 by tcblue

Where I'm going with it is that there's conscious and subconscious bias. I am consciously aware of MY bias, which is actually the same as Cundy's, but I am at least aware of it.

The reason I think I find it 'irritating' is because we're conditioned to male commentary so massively that it's immediately a massive 'WTF?' and where we would often blank out the insipid words of Hoddle et al, suddenly we're paying micro attention.

It's not always a conscious choice to be sexist, or racist. It's also not - or shouldn't - be something which makes one a social pariah if it isn't done with conscious intent. But it is still such.

So not liking a higher tone makes you sexist. Is that your answer?

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:02 - Jun 29 with 4704 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's all well and good but it's not the faces we want to see

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:22 - Jun 29 with 4656 viewsSimonds92

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:02 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

What about Alex Scott in the studio? Are you not impressed with her? Significant improvement on the dull blokes on ITV last night.
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:25 - Jun 29 with 4648 viewsCaptainObvious

oh god here we go

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:25 - Jun 29 with 4646 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:22 - Jun 29 by Simonds92

What about Alex Scott in the studio? Are you not impressed with her? Significant improvement on the dull blokes on ITV last night.

It's not about being impressed or unimpressed. I'm talking and so was cundy about tone of voice during a game. Nothing to do with how good they are compared to men. Gender doesn't effect how good you can be at your job.

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:46 - Jun 29 with 4607 viewstcblue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:02 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

I'm sorry, I really don't think I can have a meaningful conversation about this with you. If you've chosen to take that from my post, I'm clearly unable to articulate myself well enough to make my point.

Have a great day.
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 4586 viewsThrobbe

So you'd be happy with female pundits/commentators if their voices were pitch shifted lower. Righto.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:06 - Jun 29 with 4566 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:54 - Jun 29 by Throbbe

So you'd be happy with female pundits/commentators if their voices were pitch shifted lower. Righto.

Yep as I am with gabby and Claire. I love gabby and Claire is amazing when she covers the Olympics etc

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:06 - Jun 29 with 4565 viewsBrixtonBlue

He's clearly not saying that is he?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:07 - Jun 29 with 4560 viewsBrixtonBlue

Don't see why that would anger anyone.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:14 - Jun 29 with 4548 viewsbluewein

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:07 - Jun 29 by BrixtonBlue

I think it was Lucan who once said that this place has a select group who try to show how "right on" they are.

Originally I thought it was a little harsh, but stuff like this is just giving a poke for arguments sake.

on 11:20 - Jun 29 with 4533 views_

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:07 - Jun 29 by BrixtonBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:30 - Jun 29 with 4499 viewsBrixtonBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:14 - Jun 29 by bluewein

I think it was Lucan who once said that this place has a select group who try to show how "right on" they are.

Originally I thought it was a little harsh, but stuff like this is just giving a poke for arguments sake.

Does it ANGER you though, that some women want to be shown in a non-sexual light as football supporters? The best I can raise is a mild shrug. Good for them if it cheers them up.

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:32 - Jun 29 with 4492 viewsmonytowbray

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:54 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

to give my option

I'm impressed, must have dedicated so much of your life to sampling 99.9% of the world's female population's voices to realise this.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:33 - Jun 29 with 4488 viewsbluewein

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:30 - Jun 29 by BrixtonBlue

Does it ANGER you though, that some women want to be shown in a non-sexual light as football supporters? The best I can raise is a mild shrug. Good for them if it cheers them up.

If this sort of thing angered people, then I have no idea how they'd react to actual everyday life...

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:38 - Jun 29 with 4466 viewsmonytowbray

"Personally I don't think women should be allowed to vote. 99.9% of their political opinions are annoying and it would be weird to not see only men in the polling booths. That's not sexist, that's just my personal opinion."

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:41 - Jun 29 with 4456 viewsJ2BLUE

Tackling the big issues.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024