Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic 11:06 - Jun 29 with 2347 viewsSwansea_Blue

I know you're all fans , so will want to follow this closely.

I think they've got a very good case! The bit that goes 'ba-da bum, bum' in the background all the way through the track is pretty much identical.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jun/29/ed-sheeran-sued-for-second-time-ov

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 11:17 - Jun 29 with 2313 viewsSteve_M

What's going on?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 11:22 - Jun 29 with 2295 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's amazing though reading through that story

Piece about Taylor swift being sued by right said fred due to this

being similar to 'I'm too sexy'

Theyre all different songs, lyrics. Fk the tune, it's a different song ffs.

Same as Sheerans to Marvin's, it's a different song!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 11:28 - Jun 29 with 2274 viewsBrixtonBlue

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 11:22 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

It's amazing though reading through that story

Piece about Taylor swift being sued by right said fred due to this

being similar to 'I'm too sexy'

Theyre all different songs, lyrics. Fk the tune, it's a different song ffs.

Same as Sheerans to Marvin's, it's a different song!

I agree. Both songs sound a bit like the originals but loads of songs sound similar. There aren't that many notes, it's not surprising this would happen by the year 2018!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 11:32 - Jun 29 with 2261 views_

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 2177 viewsGuthrum

on 11:32 - Jun 29 by _

Altho how often are the "originals" themselves - consciously or otherwise - inspired by* even earlier compositions.

* To use a polite term for "shamelessly ripped off from".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 12:36 - Jun 29 with 2157 viewsBlueRaider

on 11:32 - Jun 29 by _

It's not Marvin Gaye or his estate, its some predatory organisation that buy up the rights to songs then try to find similar new songs to attack. It seems pretty disgusting

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

on 12:41 - Jun 29 with 2135 views_

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 12:36 - Jun 29 by BlueRaider

It's not Marvin Gaye or his estate, its some predatory organisation that buy up the rights to songs then try to find similar new songs to attack. It seems pretty disgusting

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 14:24 - Jun 29 with 2033 viewsSuperfrans

on 12:41 - Jun 29 by _

It's clearly not plagiarism.

If someone was sitting down, deliberately working out how to copy a song, that would be pretty shocking. But that isn't what's happening here.

This is a songwriter, writing a song (with a co-writer, in fact, Amy Wadge) which either subconsciously has incoroporated something from another song - or is coincidentally similar.

I agree with some of the other comments on here. This is all about ambulance-chasing lawyers looking to make several million bucks from a grey area in IP rights.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 14:56 - Jun 29 with 1998 viewsgiant_stow

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 14:24 - Jun 29 by Superfrans

It's clearly not plagiarism.

If someone was sitting down, deliberately working out how to copy a song, that would be pretty shocking. But that isn't what's happening here.

This is a songwriter, writing a song (with a co-writer, in fact, Amy Wadge) which either subconsciously has incoroporated something from another song - or is coincidentally similar.

I agree with some of the other comments on here. This is all about ambulance-chasing lawyers looking to make several million bucks from a grey area in IP rights.

just had a little listen: same notes/chords, different pattern, structure and tune. If this case works, I can't see how anyone could ever risk publishing a new song again. dangerous stuff.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 16:52 - Jun 29 with 1920 viewstractordownsouth

I said when it came out that it's quite similar but not a rip off like Taylor Swift's song posted above.

I also find it a bit ridiculous that Marvin Gaye's organisation goes around suing everyone when he didn't even write his own songs.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:24 - Jun 29 with 1849 viewslocalboy78

I'm from old school. So up until the 1980s, maybe '88 or something, the music industry was ran with the melody having to be on a lead sheet with the notes on it. And the notes were the part that the singer sang. You didn't have bass lines on the lead sheet. I doubt if Motown had a lead sheet with that Marvin bass line on it, the one that is supposed to be in 'Blurred Lines'. To tell the truth. Even though I am close to the family. Jimi Hendrix was one of the few who copyrighted his licks as they were so famous. Not Marvin... they weren't gonna spend no money on no bass line copyright, because those were the musicians who made those up. The same people who are Marvin's lawyers, they've been suing everybody on behalf of me. And I don't even agree with them when they're suing on behalf of me! Because we did not copyright 'Cosmic Slop'. They sued Dr. Dre for 'Cosmic Slop'. And sure it's my line! But I didn't copyright that! I didn't copyright 'Knee Deep', 'One Nation...', none of them! They became famous 'cause people sampled them. I hope that Robin Thicke and Pharrell take it to the Supreme Court, I hope they do.

George Clinton, everybody. A man who knows.
Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:31 - Jun 29 with 1836 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:24 - Jun 29 by localboy78

I'm from old school. So up until the 1980s, maybe '88 or something, the music industry was ran with the melody having to be on a lead sheet with the notes on it. And the notes were the part that the singer sang. You didn't have bass lines on the lead sheet. I doubt if Motown had a lead sheet with that Marvin bass line on it, the one that is supposed to be in 'Blurred Lines'. To tell the truth. Even though I am close to the family. Jimi Hendrix was one of the few who copyrighted his licks as they were so famous. Not Marvin... they weren't gonna spend no money on no bass line copyright, because those were the musicians who made those up. The same people who are Marvin's lawyers, they've been suing everybody on behalf of me. And I don't even agree with them when they're suing on behalf of me! Because we did not copyright 'Cosmic Slop'. They sued Dr. Dre for 'Cosmic Slop'. And sure it's my line! But I didn't copyright that! I didn't copyright 'Knee Deep', 'One Nation...', none of them! They became famous 'cause people sampled them. I hope that Robin Thicke and Pharrell take it to the Supreme Court, I hope they do.

Come again !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 19:32 - Jun 29 with 1834 views_

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:24 - Jun 29 by localboy78

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:49 - Jun 29 with 1816 viewsSwansea_Blue

Teddy Sheeran ripp-off of Marvin Gaye classic on 19:31 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

Come again !

I know. I though for a minute localboy was closely related to Hendrix. A star in our midst!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024