Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does the thought of England Winning the WC 22:30 - Jun 30 with 6858 viewstextbackup

Or Town being successful this season scare you?

I’ve learnt how to deal with disappointment so well with football that winning actually makes me worry...

Anyone kind of ‘get’ where I’m coming from?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:41 - Jun 30 with 2938 viewsJ2BLUE

No, downvoted for being so daft.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:49 - Jun 30 with 2915 viewstextbackup

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:41 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

If you went and got emotionally attached you might feel the same

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:54 - Jun 30 with 2905 viewsSitfcB

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:49 - Jun 30 by textbackup

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:00 - Jun 30 with 2893 viewsGuthrum

I'm not that bothered about the World Cup (there is, after all, no Ipswich connection this time), but the idea of Town succeeding, far from scaring, quite excites me.

Yes, I know it could all be snatched away - again - and end in disappointment. But that's just the way things go (and have done for some considerable time now). There's always next season, fresh hope, the fans will still be following the team, meeting up, debating what's happened.

Or it might just click, then being a matter of hanging on and seeing how far the ride will take us.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:49 - Jun 30 with 2830 viewsBlueBadger

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:41 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

I've only abstained from voting because there's no 'oh do give over you great fanny' button.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:56 - Jun 30 with 2810 viewsHerbivore

Even though it's the hope that kills you it's also feck all fun without hope. Basically, don't be such a daft tart.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 00:00 - Jul 1 with 2799 viewsJ2BLUE

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:54 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

It’s too nonsensical to be a burn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 00:21 - Jul 1 with 2773 viewsBrixtonBlue

"I’ve learnt how to deal with disappointment so well."

Having been a purveyor of your posting style for some time, I would beg to differ.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 06:53 - Jul 1 with 2629 viewsHerbivore

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 00:21 - Jul 1 by BrixtonBlue

Having been a purveyor of your posting style for some time, I would beg to differ.

The WhatsApp group aren't going to like that.

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:20 - Jul 1 with 2601 viewsLeoMuff

Well ain’t that the truth.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:51 - Jul 1 with 2579 viewsBenters2

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 22:49 - Jun 30 by textbackup

Boom!
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:52 - Jul 1 with 2579 viewsHerbivore

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:51 - Jul 1 by Benters2

Boom!

From the man who goes twice a season.......

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:03 - Jul 1 with 2556 viewsBenters2

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:52 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

From the man who goes twice a season.......

Even if that was true,which it isnt,it would still be a good effort.

Be careful what you wish for.
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:05 - Jul 1 with 2554 viewssolemio

I can't believe you mean 'purveyor'. Please consult a dictionary. Or as a German friend of my mother's would have said "Please insult a dictionary."
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:07 - Jul 1 with 2545 viewsHerbivore

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:05 - Jul 1 by solemio

I can't believe you mean 'purveyor'. Please consult a dictionary. Or as a German friend of my mother's would have said "Please insult a dictionary."

I think he's spliced peruser and surveyor together maybe.

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:15 - Jul 1 with 2536 viewsBenters2

Just enjoy it mate.

I am really looking forward to seeing Town again next season,just glad we have a new manager,really a season too late,but there you go.

Chill out,enjoy the football and weather.
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:54 - Jul 1 with 2503 viewsJohnny_Boy

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:56 - Jun 30 by Herbivore

Even though it's the hope that kills you it's also feck all fun without hope. Basically, don't be such a daft tart.

Let's be honest here, it's not been much fun for a while.
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:58 - Jul 1 with 2497 viewstextbackup

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:00 - Jun 30 by Guthrum

I'm not that bothered about the World Cup (there is, after all, no Ipswich connection this time), but the idea of Town succeeding, far from scaring, quite excites me.

Yes, I know it could all be snatched away - again - and end in disappointment. But that's just the way things go (and have done for some considerable time now). There's always next season, fresh hope, the fans will still be following the team, meeting up, debating what's happened.

Or it might just click, then being a matter of hanging on and seeing how far the ride will take us.

"no Ipswich connection"

apart from that Ipswich is a Town within the country of England

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:00 - Jul 1 with 2492 viewstextbackup

haven't you got any homework to be getting on with?

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:02 - Jul 1 with 2491 viewstextbackup

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 06:53 - Jul 1 by Herbivore

The WhatsApp group aren't going to like that.

i'd keep quiet if I were you, your name hasn't cropped up for a while, so don't spoil it hey

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:11 - Jul 1 with 2476 viewsBlue_Order

England winning the World Cup is my lifetime ambition, so I worry that when we win it in a couple of weeks, I’ll have nothing left to live for.

The celebration bender will probably kill me anyway, mind.
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:22 - Jul 1 with 2457 viewsHerbivore

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 08:54 - Jul 1 by Johnny_Boy

Let's be honest here, it's not been much fun for a while.

Depends, there's actually been some pretty enjoyable games over the last 12 months if you actually go to them. Some dross as well, no doubt, but it's not been without enjoyment.

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:26 - Jul 1 with 2449 viewstextbackup

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 09:11 - Jul 1 by Blue_Order

England winning the World Cup is my lifetime ambition, so I worry that when we win it in a couple of weeks, I’ll have nothing left to live for.

The celebration bender will probably kill me anyway, mind.

I often think it takes a real special type of player/manager to carry on after winning something like the WC or champs league, if it was me, I 'm not sure how I be able to make myself want to win something again after i'd done it.... but then I guess winning becomes a habit and you get addicted to it almost.

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 12:00 - Jul 1 with 2309 viewsconnorscontract

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 23:49 - Jun 30 by BlueBadger

I've only abstained from voting because there's no 'oh do give over you great fanny' button.

And I would have voted on your comment, but there was no "harsh but fair" option.
Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 2301 viewsconnorscontract

Does the thought of England Winning the WC on 07:51 - Jul 1 by Benters2

Boom!

The only "Boom!" you get is when you get bored waiting for your bonfire of lawn-rakings to catch and pour petrol onto the embers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024