Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
anyone been over to russia for the WC 12:53 - Jul 1 with 1522 viewstextbackup

or planning to?

just wondering if theres a quick easy way to get the visa required, unless you get an official tik it seems a lengthy process...

ta

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 13:40 - Jul 1 with 1445 viewsSteve_M

I understand that it's quite easy with official tickets, don't know if there is a short cut without (although I did read somewhere that you could put random numbers into the application site and it worked....).

A standard Russian visa, not going through an agency, is a pain in the arse. Think one would need to go to the embassy for verification.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 14:55 - Jul 1 with 1342 viewsLord_Lucan

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 13:40 - Jul 1 by Steve_M

I understand that it's quite easy with official tickets, don't know if there is a short cut without (although I did read somewhere that you could put random numbers into the application site and it worked....).

A standard Russian visa, not going through an agency, is a pain in the arse. Think one would need to go to the embassy for verification.

I'd get a firm to sort it out.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 14:57 - Jul 1 with 1340 viewsSomethingBlue

Been out here for the last three weeks. You can actually get a visa in 24 hours if you're happy to go to the processing centre at Old Street, which is probably a pain from Ipswich mind you. Worth it though, I must say.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:00 - Jul 1 with 1324 viewstextbackup

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 14:57 - Jul 1 by SomethingBlue

Been out here for the last three weeks. You can actually get a visa in 24 hours if you're happy to go to the processing centre at Old Street, which is probably a pain from Ipswich mind you. Worth it though, I must say.

I’ve just got myself a fan ID using a ticket stub number I found online! Sorted

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:06 - Jul 1 with 1299 viewsLord_Lucan

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:00 - Jul 1 by textbackup

I’ve just got myself a fan ID using a ticket stub number I found online! Sorted

Are you taking a flag?

I wonder if DK is there, pretty sure Roly didn't go.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:16 - Jul 1 with 1264 viewstextbackup

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:06 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Are you taking a flag?

I wonder if DK is there, pretty sure Roly didn't go.

If I go I will be taking something...
very tempted to book incase we get to semis, return flights into Moscow £220! (Wait in an airport for 10 hours but hey ho)

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:19 - Jul 1 with 1248 viewsLord_Lucan

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:16 - Jul 1 by textbackup

If I go I will be taking something...
very tempted to book incase we get to semis, return flights into Moscow £220! (Wait in an airport for 10 hours but hey ho)

Wait for what and why?

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:24 - Jul 1 with 1232 viewstextbackup

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:19 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Wait for what and why?

connecting flight, to be fair im sure I could leave and have a wonder around, but haven't looked into that yet

Login to get fewer ads

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:38 - Jul 1 with 1184 viewsLord_Lucan

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:24 - Jul 1 by textbackup

connecting flight, to be fair im sure I could leave and have a wonder around, but haven't looked into that yet

I'm sure they have a bar

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:50 - Jul 1 with 1153 viewsRoyKeanesDog

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:38 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

I'm sure they have a bar

LL is definitely the person to take advice from on situations like this.

Poll: Best Football Song

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:54 - Jul 1 with 1140 viewsStokieBlue

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 13:40 - Jul 1 by Steve_M

You no longer need to go to the embassy to get a Russian visa, it's now done at some offices in Clerkenwell.

Been a few years since I've done it but used to be a fairly slow and expensive service although I believe there is a premium service. Often an agency can do it quicker for a fee.

You need to have accomodation booked or a letter from the person you are staying with as well as it needs to be on the form.

As you say, I believe it's much, much easier with a ticket.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:59 - Jul 1 with 1121 viewshammo56

Went to Kaliningrad for the Belgium game.
Have a conditional ticket for the final should England get there but have a feeling I will be getting a refund for it instead.
If you have the chance to go then do it, I’m sure you won’t regret it as when I was in Kaliningrad I spoke to several people I know who have been out there for all the games and they said it has been a fantastic experience.
anyone been over to russia for the WC on 16:10 - Jul 1 with 1086 viewsStokieBlue

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 15:59 - Jul 1 by hammo56

Went to Kaliningrad for the Belgium game.
Have a conditional ticket for the final should England get there but have a feeling I will be getting a refund for it instead.
If you have the chance to go then do it, I’m sure you won’t regret it as when I was in Kaliningrad I spoke to several people I know who have been out there for all the games and they said it has been a fantastic experience.

Kallingrad has different visa rules to the"mainland" I believe, especially for EU countries.

SB

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 16:40 - Jul 1 with 1033 viewshammo56

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 16:10 - Jul 1 by StokieBlue

Kallingrad has different visa rules to the"mainland" I believe, especially for EU countries.

SB

Didn’t bother to look into the visa rules this time as got fan id several months ago.
When I went to Moscow for the game in 2007 there were several of us who went and somebody went to the embassy and picked the visas up. Must admit before the tournament I was a bit wary about the fan id but it worked a treat.
anyone been over to russia for the WC on 16:57 - Jul 1 with 998 viewsStokieBlue

anyone been over to russia for the WC on 16:40 - Jul 1 by hammo56

Didn’t bother to look into the visa rules this time as got fan id several months ago.
When I went to Moscow for the game in 2007 there were several of us who went and somebody went to the embassy and picked the visas up. Must admit before the tournament I was a bit wary about the fan id but it worked a treat.

That sounds about right. They changed from having to go to the consulate in about 2010 I think.

Used to have to queue up outside at 9am, was a ridiculous system.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024