Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back from Russia... 14:51 - Jul 2 with 8617 viewsCurrie10

Unbelievable! What a time. Safe as hell and the locals absolutely loved us all. One of the best weeks of my life.

Shame the narrow minded BBC / Sky etc had a media agenda that scared plenty from going but we've all had an absolute time out there.

More chance of trouble at a town game than in Russia.

Superb hosts.
Just got back from Russia... on 14:53 - Jul 2 with 4661 viewsTractorCam

Glad to hear, how easy was it to organise your visa?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just got back from Russia... on 14:54 - Jul 2 with 4655 viewsCurrie10

Just got back from Russia... on 14:53 - Jul 2 by TractorCam

Simple.

Bought a ticket, fan ID took all of two mins, arrived in the post very very quickly after.

Met 4 or 5 town fans out there too. Lads!
Just got back from Russia... on 15:03 - Jul 2 with 4588 viewsStokieBlue

Glad you've had a great time, the atmosphere looks amazing. Did you drink any Baltica?

Just a word of caution, the Russians themselves are great but internal reporters have been saying that Putin has done an amazing job of essentially making a "temporary" Russia for the world cup and that things will go back to normal afterwards. You might find it a very different place if you go back in the future or for a European match (when the might ITFC are playing Zenit in a few seasons time).

The authorities seem to have done a very good job though, looks amazing on the TV. It's a shame more England fans didn't travel - the South Americans look like they are everywhere!

Fingers crossed for a Mexico win now.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:08]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just got back from Russia... on 15:13 - Jul 2 with 4518 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I believe people have used other people's ticket numbers to get visas as data protection rules prohibit sharing the details with Russian authorities.

Can't find the news article now though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just got back from Russia... on 15:14 - Jul 2 with 4519 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You don't need a visa just a ticket and then it's a voucher situation not a real vetted visa
Just got back from Russia... on 15:16 - Jul 2 with 4506 viewsSteve_M

A friend of mine has been out there too, his Instagram feed over the last few weeks has been good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just got back from Russia... on 15:18 - Jul 2 with 4481 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just got back from Russia... on 15:16 - Jul 2 by Steve_M

A friend of mine has been out there too, his Instagram feed over the last few weeks has been good.

I always thought it would be fine to be honest.
Just got back from Russia... on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 4359 viewstextbackup

Just got back from Russia... on 15:13 - Jul 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

I believe people have used other people's ticket numbers to get visas as data protection rules prohibit sharing the details with Russian authorities.

I sorted my fan id by using a ticket barcode I got off a random ticket I saw on Instagram by some bloke holding his ticket up, some random Japan fan who’s ticket was in full view

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back from Russia... on 15:53 - Jul 2 with 4356 viewsCurrie10

Just got back from Russia... on 15:03 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

Glad you've had a great time, the atmosphere looks amazing. Did you drink any Baltica?

Just a word of caution, the Russians themselves are great but internal reporters have been saying that Putin has done an amazing job of essentially making a "temporary" Russia for the world cup and that things will go back to normal afterwards. You might find it a very different place if you go back in the future or for a European match (when the might ITFC are playing Zenit in a few seasons time).

The authorities seem to have done a very good job though, looks amazing on the TV. It's a shame more England fans didn't travel - the South Americans look like they are everywhere!

SB

Went to Russia in 2015.

If back to normal means women coming up and talking to me / couple of dates by the woman making the move simply because I'm English / taking me to clubs / guys buying me shots of vodka /paying for museum fees and asking to come up and take photos with me again / free taxi from the airport like then - then I'll risk going back.........

Not saying Russia is perfect but we absolutely LOVE whipping up a storm and doing any anti Russian message we can possibly do.

The BBC / Sky etc have been absolutely chronically desperate for their to be issues all tournament and it hasn't happened. It's been insane. AV that BBC you absolute disgrace.

The amount of free drinks I've been given by hosts etc it's just unreal.

Rather go to CSKA or Zenit away than Rome or Lazio for example - but the media will shut their gobs about an away day in Italy as they love Western Europe.

Really cannot encourage people to travel to Russia enough. An absolutely fantastic beautiful country where you're really made to feel welcome.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:55]
Just got back from Russia... on 15:53 - Jul 2 with 4346 viewsKieran_Knows

Just got back from Russia... on 15:52 - Jul 2 by textbackup

I sorted my fan id by using a ticket barcode I got off a random ticket I saw on Instagram by some bloke holding his ticket up, some random Japan fan who’s ticket was in full view

What game you going over for?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Just got back from Russia... on 15:54 - Jul 2 with 4346 viewsCurrie10

SB

The South Americans are less wet / not as easy to influence as our lot and kudos to them.

Was exactly the same in Ukraine which was insane.
Just got back from Russia... on 15:57 - Jul 2 with 4326 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just got back from Russia... on 15:53 - Jul 2 by Currie10

Went to Russia in 2015.

If back to normal means women coming up and talking to me / couple of dates by the woman making the move simply because I'm English / taking me to clubs / guys buying me shots of vodka /paying for museum fees and asking to come up and take photos with me again / free taxi from the airport like then - then I'll risk going back.........

Not saying Russia is perfect but we absolutely LOVE whipping up a storm and doing any anti Russian message we can possibly do.

The BBC / Sky etc have been absolutely chronically desperate for their to be issues all tournament and it hasn't happened. It's been insane. AV that BBC you absolute disgrace.

Rather go to CSKA or Zenit away than Rome or Lazio for example - but the media will shut their gobs about an away day in Italy as they love Western Europe.

Really cannot encourage people to travel to Russia enough. An absolutely fantastic beautiful country where you're really made to feel welcome.

Sister in Law and her blokey work out there regularly and they've never had a jot of trouble. Obviously everywhere can have its problems. But as you say, our media love to highlight every negative thing and we love to worry about it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got back from Russia... on 15:59 - Jul 2 with 4300 viewsSpruceMoose

SB

Who would have thought the Russians could excel at such a propaganda exercise!? I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you at the suggestion that Russia isn't the outwardly looking, inclusive society that this world cup has presented us with!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just got back from Russia... on 16:00 - Jul 2 with 4280 viewsCurrie10

Just got back from Russia... on 15:59 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

Who would have thought the Russians could excel at such a propaganda exercise!? I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you at the suggestion that Russia isn't the outwardly looking, inclusive society that this world cup has presented us with!

They've been world class.
Just got back from Russia... on 16:02 - Jul 2 with 4265 viewstrncbluearmy

SB

Had a great time when Town played in Moscow,no trouble with locals,in fact they were keen to learn our songs,there's a whole group who hate the scum

The ITFC flags around and on Red Square caused some grief but Sheepy was quick to bribe the KGB with ITFC badges.

Have a laugh,know the limits,and you won't get a problem.
Just got back from Russia... on 16:03 - Jul 2 with 4254 viewsSpruceMoose

Just got back from Russia... on 16:00 - Jul 2 by Currie10

They've been world class.

No doubt the locals have been. They usually are, all over the world. Folk are folk, in the main.

The government they live under though, that's a different matter.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just got back from Russia... on 16:03 - Jul 2 with 4254 viewsCurrie10

Just got back from Russia... on 16:02 - Jul 2 by trncbluearmy

Had a great time when Town played in Moscow,no trouble with locals,in fact they were keen to learn our songs,there's a whole group who hate the scum

The ITFC flags around and on Red Square caused some grief but Sheepy was quick to bribe the KGB with ITFC badges.

Sounds about right that.
Just got back from Russia... on 16:07 - Jul 2 with 4219 viewsStokieBlue

Just got back from Russia... on 15:53 - Jul 2 by Currie10

Went to Russia in 2015.

Glad you like it, I've been many times so just speaking from experience over the last 15 years. Sounds like you met some really nice people (I agree entirely, the people are generally very nice) and had some great experiences.

You think it's good that a woman wants to go on a date just because you're English?

I agree it's a beautiful country with some amazing cities but a lot of the anti-Russian messages are justified. You had a good time though so absolutely fine to ignore the povety outside the big cities, the falling rouble, the lack of a free press, lack of democratic opposition, illegal annexations etc.

It is a great place to visit with a long history but let's not excuse some of the less pleasant things just because of that.

Fabulous place to visit, bit less fabulous to live.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 16:11]

Just got back from Russia... on 16:08 - Jul 2 with 4206 viewsStokieBlue

Just got back from Russia... on 16:02 - Jul 2 by trncbluearmy

Yep, that's a good attitude to take in any country.

The locals are excellent as you say.

SB

Just got back from Russia... on 16:11 - Jul 2 with 4191 viewsHurleyBurley

SB

" internal reporters have been saying that Putin has done an amazing job of essentially making a "temporary" Russia for the world cup and that things will go back to normal afterwards."

Can you send me a link to some example comments made by these "internal reporters".

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Just got back from Russia... (n/t) on 16:14 - Jul 2 with 4172 viewsStokieBlue

Just got back from Russia... on 16:11 - Jul 2 by HurleyBurley

" internal reporters have been saying that Putin has done an amazing job of essentially making a "temporary" Russia for the world cup and that things will go back to normal afterwards."

Can you send me a link to some example comments made by these "internal reporters".

Edit: Actually I don't want to argue.

Clearly from your forum voting you have a vast experience of Russian life.

I'm glad everyone is having a great time, I do think it has been an excellent tournament. Let's not worry about any of that other pesky stuff.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 16:18]

Just got back from Russia... on 16:20 - Jul 2 with 4135 viewsIpswichKnight

Just got back from Russia... on 15:59 - Jul 2 by SpruceMoose

How much is Moosemedia PR charging cuddly uncle Vlad for this great PR?

I had a great time in Moscow when we played Torpedo.
Just got back from Russia... on 16:40 - Jul 2 with 4076 viewsHurleyBurley

Just got back from Russia... (n/t) on 16:14 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

Edit: Actually I don't want to argue.

Clearly from your forum voting you have a vast experience of Russian life.

I'm glad everyone is having a great time, I do think it has been an excellent tournament. Let's not worry about any of that other pesky stuff.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 16:18]

You do exaggerate. You've asked me once if I've been to Russia. I don't think you've ever asked me for how long.

I'm sure you've been there more times than me and in some capacity which means your opinion of Russia holds more value than mine.

FWIW, I've been twice over the last 20 years. I was there in 1998 for New Year and the celebrations in Red Square were amazing. I also travelled up to Saint Petersburg and like Moscow it was freezing -20ºC - but people were very friendly except for the stern looking Olgas who were glowering at everyone in every room in the Hermitage. Fantastic building though and wonderful art. Those years were very tough for normal Russians after the collapse of their currency - I remember there being very expensive supermarkets for ex-pats and very cheap places for locals. The locals weren't too keen on expats (they thought I was one) shopping in Russian stores.

I've been since too, in the summer - again to Moscow and Saint Petersburg - again very friendly people and no one wanting to sell me sex - just practise their English. 15 years later and it's a very different place -much more open - though it's difficult to say if that's down to the improved economy of going there out of the winter.

Again you exaggerate about my downvotes. I down voted one of your posts in this thread.

I just find your Russophobia a bit boring. There are three or four forum members who follow the media line that everything Russia is bad. From all the comments I've read from fans who've been there, it's been a great trip - it's only you and 3 others on this site, as well as the media who diss the country non-stop.

It's a shame that you can't back up your claims of internal reporters making out that it's all a gigantic scam to trick the world for a month into thinking the country really sucks.

I find it difficult to believe that this vile police state run by a horrendous authoritarian bully can manage to pull off such a convincing display of openness and hospitality for a month, only for normal hardship and repression to resume when everyone's gone home.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Just got back from Russia... on 16:48 - Jul 2 with 4043 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just got back from Russia... on 15:13 - Jul 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

You don't need a visa you need a voucher Id it's very different
Just got back from Russia... on 16:57 - Jul 2 with 3994 viewsStokieBlue

Just got back from Russia... on 16:40 - Jul 2 by HurleyBurley

You do exaggerate. You've asked me once if I've been to Russia. I don't think you've ever asked me for how long.

I'm sure you've been there more times than me and in some capacity which means your opinion of Russia holds more value than mine.

FWIW, I've been twice over the last 20 years. I was there in 1998 for New Year and the celebrations in Red Square were amazing. I also travelled up to Saint Petersburg and like Moscow it was freezing -20ºC - but people were very friendly except for the stern looking Olgas who were glowering at everyone in every room in the Hermitage. Fantastic building though and wonderful art. Those years were very tough for normal Russians after the collapse of their currency - I remember there being very expensive supermarkets for ex-pats and very cheap places for locals. The locals weren't too keen on expats (they thought I was one) shopping in Russian stores.

I've been since too, in the summer - again to Moscow and Saint Petersburg - again very friendly people and no one wanting to sell me sex - just practise their English. 15 years later and it's a very different place -much more open - though it's difficult to say if that's down to the improved economy of going there out of the winter.

Again you exaggerate about my downvotes. I down voted one of your posts in this thread.

I just find your Russophobia a bit boring. There are three or four forum members who follow the media line that everything Russia is bad. From all the comments I've read from fans who've been there, it's been a great trip - it's only you and 3 others on this site, as well as the media who diss the country non-stop.

It's a shame that you can't back up your claims of internal reporters making out that it's all a gigantic scam to trick the world for a month into thinking the country really sucks.

I find it difficult to believe that this vile police state run by a horrendous authoritarian bully can manage to pull off such a convincing display of openness and hospitality for a month, only for normal hardship and repression to resume when everyone's gone home.

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm glad you've had some great holidays there and I've said I'm glad everyone has enjoyed the world cup. It's been a fantastic tournament.

I've agreed the people are great and it's a fantastic place to visit. Everybody should go if they get a chance.

I've just said there is a difference between the people and the government and a difference between visiting for a great holiday and living there. Experiences on a trip don't always equate to how it is like otherwise.

I stand by that, it's not Russophobia, it's distinguishing between state, people and country.

It seems criticism of one is construed as criticism of the others with isn't the case.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024