Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So on one side of the draw... 21:02 - Jul 2 with 5017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...Belgium, Brazil, France and Uruguay remain. On the other England, Colombia, Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia

Looks like losing against Belgium really may not have been a bad thing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:05 - Jul 2 with 3591 viewstextbackup

gareth knows

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So on one side of the draw... on 21:05 - Jul 2 with 3585 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So you are saying the winner of the World Cup is almost certainly in the Belgium side of the draw?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So on one side of the draw... on 21:06 - Jul 2 with 3586 viewshomer_123

It's as open a World Cup as I can remember...most sides are pretty decent to be fair and not one is stand out.

It's our best chance of making a final since....well....Gazza.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:07 - Jul 2 with 3576 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So on one side of the draw... on 21:06 - Jul 2 by homer_123

It's as open a World Cup as I can remember...most sides are pretty decent to be fair and not one is stand out.

It's our best chance of making a final since....well....Gazza.

I would say our chances of reaching the quarters are less than 50-50.

So on one side of the draw... on 21:09 - Jul 2 with 3561 viewshomer_123

So on one side of the draw... on 21:07 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

As this WC has shown, pretty much anything goes.

Whether it's 50-50 we can argue but surely you'd agree it's our best chance looking at who's in our half?

That's irrespective of whether we are good enough or even can do it....this is our best chance in a very long time.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:09 - Jul 2 with 3554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whys that then?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So on one side of the draw... on 21:10 - Jul 2 with 3546 viewsIllinoisblue

England v Brazil final innit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:10 - Jul 2 with 3549 viewschristiand

I think many are trying to portray Colombia as world beaters, they aren’t. If we play to our best and they do we should still be too good for them. I really believe we’re going to play well, win and light the fuse of everyone’s expectations. Come on England!! Having said that, I did say I thought Belgium would win comfortably tonight....😜
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 20:13]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

So on one side of the draw... on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 3543 viewsIllinoisblue

that's not even possible mathematically

62 - 78 - 81

So on one side of the draw... on 21:17 - Jul 2 with 3494 viewsSuperblue95

Crazy that no matter what happens now, one of England, Colombia, Russia, Croatia, Switzerland or Sweden are going to be 90 minutes away from winning a World Cup.

Not many would have predicted any of them to make the final

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So on one side of the draw... on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 3475 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So on one side of the draw... on 21:11 - Jul 2 by Illinoisblue

that's not even possible mathematically

Why?

We are in the last 16 aren't we?

Normally if we were evenly matched it would be 50:50.

I would say we are closer to 33:67.

How is that not possible mathematically?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:25 - Jul 2 with 3447 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I and many others did say that

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So on one side of the draw... on 21:28 - Jul 2 with 3431 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So on one side of the draw... on 21:09 - Jul 2 by homer_123

As this WC has shown, pretty much anything goes.

Whether it's 50-50 we can argue but surely you'd agree it's our best chance looking at who's in our half?

That's irrespective of whether we are good enough or even can do it....this is our best chance in a very long time.

I don't argue it is our best chance.

The idea that current Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia, Russia (in their home country), Croatia and Colombia sides are significantly easier to beat than the current Brazil, France, Uruguay and Belgium sides is plain wrong. It is based on historic records more than anything else.

The only things that suggests to me our chances are higher than in the past are that we are playing as a team and our key players have stayed fit so far. Plus not one single team (on either side of the draw) has looked especially good so far. If Spain and Germany had got through on our side of the draw people wouldn't be saying what they are saying but they didn't because the teams we are up against did better than them. Beware the assumption they are no good - learn from Iceland (and many more lessons before that!).

Add in the fact we beat Tunisia with a late goal and lost to Belgium who struggled tonight (albeit both sides much changed), I see the hype as misguided.

So on one side of the draw... on 21:48 - Jul 2 with 3363 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So on one side of the draw... on 21:05 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

So you are saying the winner of the World Cup is almost certainly in the Belgium side of the draw?

Most likely, yes

So on one side of the draw... on 21:50 - Jul 2 with 3358 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So on one side of the draw... on 21:28 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

The idea that current Sweden, Switzerland, Croatia, Russia (in their home country), Croatia and Colombia sides are significantly easier to beat than the current Brazil, France, Uruguay and Belgium sides is plain wrong. It is based on historic records more than anything else.

The only things that suggests to me our chances are higher than in the past are that we are playing as a team and our key players have stayed fit so far. Plus not one single team (on either side of the draw) has looked especially good so far. If Spain and Germany had got through on our side of the draw people wouldn't be saying what they are saying but they didn't because the teams we are up against did better than them. Beware the assumption they are no good - learn from Iceland (and many more lessons before that!).

Add in the fact we beat Tunisia with a late goal and lost to Belgium who struggled tonight (albeit both sides much changed), I see the hype as misguided.

It’s not based on historical records, it’s based on the fact they have significantly better players

Most international tournaments have some upsets along the way, but when all is said and done it tends to be one of the teams with the big names that triumphs

So on one side of the draw... on 21:52 - Jul 2 with 3343 viewsm14_blue

So on one side of the draw... on 21:28 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

You may not think we'll make it, that's fair enough, but we've obviously got more chance on this side of the draw.
So on one side of the draw... on 21:54 - Jul 2 with 3330 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So on one side of the draw... on 21:52 - Jul 2 by m14_blue

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

You may not think we'll make it, that's fair enough, but we've obviously got more chance on this side of the draw.

If we do lose to Colombia he’ll be all over this board saying ‘I told you so’, even though it will be completely irrelevant to the point...

So on one side of the draw... on 21:55 - Jul 2 with 3328 viewsJakeITFC

So on one side of the draw... on 21:20 - Jul 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why?

That’s a rating contrary to pretty much anybody else in the world, and by some distance
So on one side of the draw... on 22:44 - Jul 2 with 3217 viewsconnorscontract

Why?

Is that with or without James Rodriguez?

I don't agree with your analysis that they are twice as likely to win this as we are, even with him.

A confident, fit, rested First Team with the competition's leading scorer. I make it at least evens with a fit Rodriguez, without him (or with a limpy him) I make us slight favourites.
So on one side of the draw... on 23:11 - Jul 2 with 3166 viewsLuk38644

As I always am with derby days, I've been less and less confident as every day has passed to the point that I'm sh*tting it for tomorrow.

Colombia have looked dodgy at the back, their midfield isn't great but Cuadrado, James, Quintero and Falcao could potentially be a handful, and ever since I've been watching football, all I've known is disappointment from England, so I think I kind of expect us to not take advantage of an incredible opportunity to actually achieve over the odds at an international tournament!
So on one side of the draw... on 00:01 - Jul 3 with 3078 viewsIllinoisblue

Why?

There are only two possible outcomes; we either beat Colombia or we don’t. That’s a 50/50 chance. You’re talking about probability.

62 - 78 - 81

So on one side of the draw... on 00:36 - Jul 3 with 3010 viewsBOjK

So on one side of the draw... on 00:01 - Jul 3 by Illinoisblue

There are only two possible outcomes; we either beat Colombia or we don’t. That’s a 50/50 chance. You’re talking about probability.

Sweet Jesus

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

So on one side of the draw... on 05:59 - Jul 3 with 2889 viewsCrock

So on one side of the draw... on 23:11 - Jul 2 by Luk38644

As I always am with derby days, I've been less and less confident as every day has passed to the point that I'm sh*tting it for tomorrow.

Colombia have looked dodgy at the back, their midfield isn't great but Cuadrado, James, Quintero and Falcao could potentially be a handful, and ever since I've been watching football, all I've known is disappointment from England, so I think I kind of expect us to not take advantage of an incredible opportunity to actually achieve over the odds at an international tournament!

Colombia have let in 2 goals. (When playing with 10 men) England have let in 3. I would have have a central defence of Mina and Sanchez than any of Stones, Maguire or Walker.

Poll: Favourite number?

So on one side of the draw... on 06:12 - Jul 3 with 2879 viewsm14_blue

I'm exactly the same. In my head Colombia have gradually morphed into the 1970 Brazil side and are now pretty much unbeatable.

However, if we can win tonight I'll be a mess until Saturday.

Come on England!
So on one side of the draw... on 06:36 - Jul 3 with 2846 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I know exactly where you’re coming from with this, I can’t help but feel everything has been set up for a huge let down tonight

Come on England

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024