Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? 23:22 - Jul 2 with 6035 viewsSwailsey

I can’t remenber the last time I felt this excited. Perhaps it’s because it’s so much of the unknown.

It could all go to sh*t but dammit it will be different! I have a really good feeling about PH.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 23:24 - Jul 2 with 4671 viewsJ2BLUE

Definitely. Even if we sell Waghorn, Bart and Knudsen I really think Hurst knows what he's doing. Just going to enjoy him building a squad. I'll definitely be at more games next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 23:34 - Jul 2 with 4653 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Far more than I have been of late.

We have the manager whose intention will be to win matches first and foremost. No more of that horrible 'stop opposition from playing' sh*t.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 23:36]
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 23:58 - Jul 2 with 4620 viewsMonkey_Blue

I was until I saw us being linked with lower league average mid 20s plus journeymen and we sold our class centre back and hear rumours of the likes of Waghorn and Garner may be going. I’m reserving optimism until I see who we sign, who we sell and how we perform in the first games. I remember cobbold saying “we think we have appointed the next Bobby Robson” when the very highly rated you manager John Duncan arrived at FPR
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 02:00 - Jul 3 with 4559 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'd be more excited if we had a better kit. This new one is a joke.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 03:34 - Jul 3 with 4534 viewsSpruceMoose

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 23:58 - Jul 2 by Monkey_Blue

I was until I saw us being linked with lower league average mid 20s plus journeymen and we sold our class centre back and hear rumours of the likes of Waghorn and Garner may be going. I’m reserving optimism until I see who we sign, who we sell and how we perform in the first games. I remember cobbold saying “we think we have appointed the next Bobby Robson” when the very highly rated you manager John Duncan arrived at FPR

It's funny how Webster turned into this high quality, first name on the team sheet type defender overnight. I guess history is being revised to ignore the countless injuries he had. Look at who he has gone to. That's the real indicator of how he's considered in this division.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 06:40 - Jul 3 with 4466 viewschristiand

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 03:34 - Jul 3 by SpruceMoose

It's funny how Webster turned into this high quality, first name on the team sheet type defender overnight. I guess history is being revised to ignore the countless injuries he had. Look at who he has gone to. That's the real indicator of how he's considered in this division.

To a team that has promotion aspirations?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 07:02 - Jul 3 with 4436 viewsbluehook

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 23:58 - Jul 2 by Monkey_Blue

Do cheer up pal.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 08:32 - Jul 3 with 4354 viewsNo9

Well, it is nice to not be too sure how the season will work out.
Who will actually be in the line up for the first match
Who will still be in the starting 11 after a few games etc.
AND, if there are enough players who can put ina 90 minute performance

All in all a much more interesting season in prospect than what we have suffered for a few seasons now.
Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 4323 viewsMonkey_Blue

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 08:32 - Jul 3 by No9

Well, it is nice to not be too sure how the season will work out.
Who will actually be in the line up for the first match
Who will still be in the starting 11 after a few games etc.
AND, if there are enough players who can put ina 90 minute performance

All in all a much more interesting season in prospect than what we have suffered for a few seasons now.

I was optimistic at the start of last season, especially as we started off playing a better and more attacking style. I think we need to see games to judge new signings but also a new manager. MM did get us a 6th and a 7th with no money which I think was a massively under-rated achievement and also never had us in any real danger of a relegation fight. I worry that with the same budget but a different approach there is a chance the change will be negative. However I’m also open to the idea we could be a Huddersfield.... I just would prefer to get rid of the fringe players and bring in better quality. That doesn’t always mean spending big, but players who’ve kicked around the lower leagues and non league for a large proportion of their careers generally do so because that’s their level. They are not all Jamie Vardy.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:21 - Jul 3 with 4323 viewscrazyblue68

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 07:02 - Jul 3 by bluehook

Do cheer up pal.

Thing is, he is right. We cannot survive on lower league players. We need players who can cut it at this level. Starting the season with 4-5 players in the team from the lower leagues isnt going to cut it. So many rose tinted specs that are going to throw their toys out the pram by September. Whats new? Same old Bollox
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:26 - Jul 3 with 4317 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:21 - Jul 3 by crazyblue68

Thing is, he is right. We cannot survive on lower league players. We need players who can cut it at this level. Starting the season with 4-5 players in the team from the lower leagues isnt going to cut it. So many rose tinted specs that are going to throw their toys out the pram by September. Whats new? Same old Bollox

I bet when we were signing players with Championship experience you were one of those saying we should be looking to unearth lower league gems.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:30 - Jul 3 with 4311 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm excited as it's something different. I like that PH has come in, ripped up the Ireland trip and took us elsewhere.

Just hope Evans can secure the targets he wants (as per Evans Webster statement).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:33 - Jul 3 with 4300 viewsJ4ck22

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 06:40 - Jul 3 by christiand

To a team that has promotion aspirations?

If throwing money at things is the only signal of ambition, then yes.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 4282 viewsPinewoodblue

You are experiencing the feelings you are supposed to feel as a new season approaches, it is being optimistic.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:19 - Jul 3 with 4237 viewsGREYBLUE

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:47 - Jul 3 by Pinewoodblue

You are experiencing the feelings you are supposed to feel as a new season approaches, it is being optimistic.

Excited -you must be joking
All our best players have been sold (Webster) or are being linked with moves away from the club and the only signing to date is a free transfer from Crawley
When asked whether it was a difficult decision to leave Ipswich he replied no, obviously feeling that Bristol City were a more progressive club, since when has this been the case ?
Plus being linked with every league 1 or 2 journeyman seems to point towards league 1 and not towards the top half of the championship.
If you keep signing league 1 players we will become a league 1 club
Now to top it all even our young academy players are taken away from the club.
I feel we are moving backwards not forward
Our competition in this league are spending money even without parachute payments we are getting left behind
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:25 - Jul 3 with 4230 viewscrazyblue68

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:26 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

I bet when we were signing players with Championship experience you were one of those saying we should be looking to unearth lower league gems.

Not at all, its nice to find the odd gem from the lower leagues, but we cant base our whole recruitment on loan players, who will never be ours, and freebies from league 1 and 2. A player from Crawley and Colchester do not fill me with excitement, as someone else said, if you fill your team with these players, then you will end up in those divisions,
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:26 - Jul 3 with 4227 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:19 - Jul 3 by GREYBLUE

Excited -you must be joking
All our best players have been sold (Webster) or are being linked with moves away from the club and the only signing to date is a free transfer from Crawley
When asked whether it was a difficult decision to leave Ipswich he replied no, obviously feeling that Bristol City were a more progressive club, since when has this been the case ?
Plus being linked with every league 1 or 2 journeyman seems to point towards league 1 and not towards the top half of the championship.
If you keep signing league 1 players we will become a league 1 club
Now to top it all even our young academy players are taken away from the club.
I feel we are moving backwards not forward
Our competition in this league are spending money even without parachute payments we are getting left behind

We've sold one player who, whilst having potential, hasn't been in our top 5 performers in either of his two seasons at the club (partly because of injury, granted, but injuries are one reason why the fee for him looks good). We've signed one player from the lower leagues and one on loan from Chelsea. We don't know yet who else we have lined up, but nice of you to write off Roberts when the fans have been saying for a while they'd like us to try and bring in lower league gems, which he could well be. Hurst has scouted him for a while and he's no mug.

I'd file your post as a 'calm down dear', you've got yourself in a right lather over things that haven't happened and when there's still plenty of time left for us to build a squad.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:30 - Jul 3 with 4216 viewscrazyblue68

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:26 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

We've sold one player who, whilst having potential, hasn't been in our top 5 performers in either of his two seasons at the club (partly because of injury, granted, but injuries are one reason why the fee for him looks good). We've signed one player from the lower leagues and one on loan from Chelsea. We don't know yet who else we have lined up, but nice of you to write off Roberts when the fans have been saying for a while they'd like us to try and bring in lower league gems, which he could well be. Hurst has scouted him for a while and he's no mug.

I'd file your post as a 'calm down dear', you've got yourself in a right lather over things that haven't happened and when there's still plenty of time left for us to build a squad.

How many "lower league gems " do you want ? a whole team of them ? They are not going to cut it. The guy from Crawley has been everywhere, and not really done anything, and those who have seen the guy from Colchester say he isnt good enough for Championship football. Oh, and dont forget the new Ramos we signed from Chelsea, another world beater at 18, in the heart of our defence, not the answers mate. Whats new ? Same old Bollox.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:32 - Jul 3 with 4210 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:30 - Jul 3 by crazyblue68

How many "lower league gems " do you want ? a whole team of them ? They are not going to cut it. The guy from Crawley has been everywhere, and not really done anything, and those who have seen the guy from Colchester say he isnt good enough for Championship football. Oh, and dont forget the new Ramos we signed from Chelsea, another world beater at 18, in the heart of our defence, not the answers mate. Whats new ? Same old Bollox.

How do you get through life being so negative about everything? It must be awful. I'd take a whole team of lower league gems if they are good enough by the way. And Hurst has a history of taking players who don't look much on paper and turning them into very capable footballers.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:34 - Jul 3 with 4202 viewscrazyblue68

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:32 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

How do you get through life being so negative about everything? It must be awful. I'd take a whole team of lower league gems if they are good enough by the way. And Hurst has a history of taking players who don't look much on paper and turning them into very capable footballers.

Rose tinted glasses, be careful what you wish for.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:08 - Jul 3 with 4173 viewsbluehook

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:34 - Jul 3 by crazyblue68

Rose tinted glasses, be careful what you wish for.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:15 - Jul 3 with 4158 viewsPJH

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 10:26 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

I would dispute your point about Webster not being one of our top 5 performers in either of his two seasons, although you do qualify that by mentioning Injuries.
I would say that up to the turn of the year in season 2016/17 he was one of our top 3 performers(along with Bart and Lawrence)and at that point a very viable candidate to end up as POTY.His form did dip slightly before we actually lost him for the rest of that season but if he had regained his very good early season form he might well have been recognized (by some) as our best player.
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:15 - Jul 3 with 4157 viewsflimflam

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:21 - Jul 3 by crazyblue68

What a stupid comment.

We just sold a lower league player for a potential 8 million.

Where did Cresswell come from?
And Mings?
And Walters?
And Bart?
etc etc

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:25 - Jul 3 with 4144 viewsSpruceMoose

Your sign off is boring now.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 11:25]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:27 - Jul 3 with 4137 viewsGREYBLUE

Not in a lather - more a realist
Yes there can be some good signings from the lower leagues but to be linked with so many is unbelievable if we are to improve we need more premiership/championship quality players
The original post asked about being excited for the new season
To date I can’t see anything to be excited about I will need to see some improvements before I am able to join the Paul Hurst “love in”
Let’s hope we are all happy with the team that we start the season with
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024