Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Credit where it's due 22:05 - Jul 3 with 2248 viewsJ2BLUE

Kane - iceman, bloody love him

Young - during the Henderson head incident he controlled an angry Lingard and calmed him down. Who knows what those cheats could have done if they'd have got face to face.

Lingard - during the wait to take the penalty when they were trying to get in Kane's head he guided Kane away from the melee.

Southgate - practiced penalties. It showed.

The whole bloody team's mindset - we're England and we're behind after three penalties. Could have crumbled.

Maguire- didn't sink to their level. Went down but immediately made it clear it wasn't a penalty.

Add your own. Lots of positives there. Wasn't all good or an amazing performance but plenty of praise to give out IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Credit where it's due on 22:08 - Jul 3 with 2218 viewsSuperblue95

Dier- came on, looked pretty shaky. Didn't let it affect his confidence, slotted away the winning penalty to give england their first shootout win in about 4000 years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 with 2205 viewsRamRob

Maguire's best game imo, really calm on the ball.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 with 2202 viewsJ2BLUE

Credit where it's due on 22:08 - Jul 3 by Superblue95

Dier- came on, looked pretty shaky. Didn't let it affect his confidence, slotted away the winning penalty to give england their first shootout win in about 4000 years

That's the one where Jesus scored the winner isn't it? Qualified for us because his dad was English.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 with 2197 viewsGarv

Thought Maguire was immense.

Vardy was useful coming on, wish he'd done more but he was an out ball we didn't have until then.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Credit where it's due on 22:11 - Jul 3 with 2174 viewsSuperblue95

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 by J2BLUE

That's the one where Jesus scored the winner isn't it? Qualified for us because his dad was English.

Nah Jesus spooned his over the bar. Miracle worker my arse

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Credit where it's due on 22:11 - Jul 3 with 2179 viewsTrequartista

They weren't as good as ITV kept trying to insist, but they if only the golden generation had as much bottle as they do.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 22:12]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Credit where it's due on 22:13 - Jul 3 with 2143 viewsFunge

Pickford's penalty save, my goodness.
Credit where it's due on 22:15 - Jul 3 with 2125 viewsLeoMuff

Credit where it's due on 22:11 - Jul 3 by Trequartista

They weren't as good as ITV kept trying to insist, but they if only the golden generation had as much bottle as they do.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 22:12]

Tough as nails tonight, I had given up all hope after that 1st period of extra time, we had totally lost it. Picked our selves up in the second, then again after the pen miss.

Hats off guys, enjoy tonight. I feel a bit broken.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Credit where it's due on 22:17 - Jul 3 with 2086 viewshoppy

Credit where it's due on 22:11 - Jul 3 by Superblue95

Duh... think you’ll find he was in goal... Jesus saves... but Keegan scored on the rebound....

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Credit where it's due on 22:19 - Jul 3 with 2067 viewspoppiesman

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 by Garv

Vardy was useful coming on, wish he'd done more but he was an out ball we didn't have until then.

Shame Vardy bottled taking a penalty though and meant two of the takers had never taken one for their clubs, thankfully Trippier and DIer didn't bottle it and both stepped up and scored.
Credit where it's due on 22:19 - Jul 3 with 2062 viewsBloomBlue

Trippier i wasn't sure if he was international level but for me has been our best players.
Credit where it's due on 22:38 - Jul 3 with 1953 viewsHennikerBlu

Superb!! Very good shape, sound defensively, not too many opportunities created in the final third. We looked leggier than they did, which is a concern, as that was part of the resting of players thinking, but came on strong in the final half of extra time. Perhaps might have been interesting to see Welbeck come on as he is pacey and physical. Credit to their two centre backs Sanchez and Mina they cleared pretty much everything and have been good all tournament for them.

Mental strength was great to see and well done Pickford great save in injury team and great in the pens. Maguire awesome performance! Trippier has played so well!

In fact well done everyone!
Credit where it's due on 22:40 - Jul 3 with 1933 viewsBinner

Jesus says Harry Kane walks on water...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Credit where it's due on 22:44 - Jul 3 with 1901 viewsbritbiker

and he missed a 'Nailed On' goal.
Credit where it's due on 22:46 - Jul 3 with 1885 viewsbritbiker

Credit where it's due on 22:17 - Jul 3 by hoppy

Duh... think you’ll find he was in goal... Jesus saves... but Keegan scored on the rebound....

Bet he wished he had missed that 'cross' though.
Credit where it's due on 22:57 - Jul 3 with 1833 viewsreusersfreekicks

Credit where it's due on 22:09 - Jul 3 by Garv

Really? Thought Vardy was completely ineffective. Also Ali still doesn't look on it, Loftus Cheek has been more effective
Credit where it's due on 23:01 - Jul 3 with 1801 viewsnshearman1

Credit where it's due on 22:19 - Jul 3 by poppiesman

Shame Vardy bottled taking a penalty though and meant two of the takers had never taken one for their clubs, thankfully Trippier and DIer didn't bottle it and both stepped up and scored.

From everything I've heard on the radio, Vardy didn't bottle the penalty. Southgate did lots of work on penalties and then picked the penalty-takers and the order. It may be that Southgate was saving him for the 6th or 7th, we don't know. But that accusation can't be made at Vardy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024