Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees 11:16 - Jul 5 with 1217 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Planning to offer up to 14 scholarships to Refugees (presumed locally based)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-44695372

They've taken a bit of heat because of it, but mainly because of their brilliant no nonsense response which I would applaud them for.
University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:20 - Jul 5 with 1201 viewsJ2BLUE

Are people seriously upset because they said jog on? LOL

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:28 - Jul 5 with 1181 viewsconnorscontract

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:20 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Well, she thinks it is "crass language".

I don't think she's heard any songs by Crass, do you?
University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:30 - Jul 5 with 1174 viewsJ2BLUE

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:28 - Jul 5 by connorscontract

Well, she thinks it is "crass language".

I don't think she's heard any songs by Crass, do you?

It's social media outrage 101.

Get offended over nothing and make sure you include why you have special right to be offended.

I'd love to control a few big company/institution Twitter accounts for the day...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:34 - Jul 5 with 1168 viewsDarth_Koont

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:20 - Jul 5 by J2BLUE

Indeed.

And I'm not sure those getting upset would have preferred the less whimsical but likely more accurate, "F@ck off, you cold-hearted, small-minded tw@ts".

Pronouns: He/Him

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:39 - Jul 5 with 1157 viewsfactual_blue

Is similar financial support available to refugees in a county with a biggish village green?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:41 - Jul 5 with 1148 viewsBenters2

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:39 - Jul 5 by factual_blue

Is similar financial support available to refugees in a county with a biggish village green?

⚽️
University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:46 - Jul 5 with 1140 viewslowhouseblue

lots of universities have had student fund raising to finance similar things. why would anyone object to support for refugees. the real concern is, if they have confirmed refugee status, that they are having to rely upon charitable funding to go to university.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 11:49]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 14:17 - Jul 5 with 1015 viewsconnorscontract

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 11:46 - Jul 5 by lowhouseblue

lots of universities have had student fund raising to finance similar things. why would anyone object to support for refugees. the real concern is, if they have confirmed refugee status, that they are having to rely upon charitable funding to go to university.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 11:49]

The subtext to it all is "I'm the mother of one of your students and s/he has to pay fees, it's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Login to get fewer ads

University of Reading offering Scholarships to Refugees on 14:26 - Jul 5 with 1001 viewsBlueBadger

The 'It's PC gone mad crowd' are notoriously sensitive n*mbsk*lls.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024