Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? 19:24 - Jul 5 with 6993 viewsIllinoisblue

all the scare stories about 'roid-filled Russian assassins waiting to tear limbs off after Euro 16 have caused the Eng-er-land lads to stay home?

it's coming home? More like we're staying home and throwing beer over each other in front of a big screen.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 5764 viewschicoazul

Believe quite a few passports were confiscated some months ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:26 - Jul 5 with 5764 viewsgmanrom

Tensions high between countries with a lot of hot air spouted pre tournament has caused this.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:27 - Jul 5 with 5768 viewsMarinerisGod

Russia has been the bogey man for a while. And clearly all this novi-choc-ice they are chucking about is scaring everyone off. It's a good example of how much people will believe what their TV tells them

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:27 - Jul 5 with 5770 viewsm14_blue

I was in Marseille and I have no problem admitting that put me off. Not because I thought there'd be serious trouble but because I thought security would be so OTT that it wouldn't be enjoyable.

Wish I'd gone now though, all the lads I know have had a great time.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:33 - Jul 5 with 5751 viewsjeera

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:27 - Jul 5 by m14_blue

I was in Marseille and I have no problem admitting that put me off. Not because I thought there'd be serious trouble but because I thought security would be so OTT that it wouldn't be enjoyable.

Wish I'd gone now though, all the lads I know have had a great time.

It's not complicated is it?

Russians were given free licence to target England fans in France so is it so unreasonable to not put yourself in perceived danger.

Dunno why others who didn't go feel strongly about it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:37 - Jul 5 with 5720 viewsLord_Lucan

“The man” told everyone not to go and people believe what the man says.

There was never going to be a whiff of trouble, this is Putins stage and he has played an absolute blinder. Hooligans have been told to step down or say goodbye to mum for 20 years.

It will go down as one of the best world cups.

Putin is a master.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:38 - Jul 5 with 5706 viewsBlue_Order

No great numbers due to the media doing their best to put the shïters up everybody just because it’s Russia. You can still hear them loud and proud at every game though.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:38 - Jul 5 with 5708 viewslinhdi

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:33 - Jul 5 by jeera

Russians were given free licence to target England fans in France so is it so unreasonable to not put yourself in perceived danger.

I was in Marseille and it was horrible. So I'm sitting this one out. Unless we get to the final, of course.
Login to get fewer ads

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:07 - Jul 5 with 5601 viewsTractorWood

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:33 - Jul 5 by jeera

I was in Marseille miles away form the port and it was still horrific. Separated from mates and barely made kick off. I was still keen for one game in Russia but the cost and complexity of logistics put me off. Would have got tickets to every game as I've got dozens of caps.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:10 - Jul 5 with 5571 viewsjeera

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:07 - Jul 5 by TractorWood

I was in Marseille miles away form the port and it was still horrific. Separated from mates and barely made kick off. I was still keen for one game in Russia but the cost and complexity of logistics put me off. Would have got tickets to every game as I've got dozens of caps.

I understand all of that.

It's also a bizarre stance to take to criticise others for not going, when posters haven't bothered themselves.

I'd love to be in a position to go.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:55 - Jul 5 with 5473 viewsIllinoisblue

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:10 - Jul 5 by jeera

I understand all of that.

It's also a bizarre stance to take to criticise others for not going, when posters haven't bothered themselves.

I'd love to be in a position to go.

it wasn't really a criticism, more of an observation. To see England outnumbered 5 to 1 by Colombia at a World Cup held in Europe is just mind-boggling.

62 - 78 - 81

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:05 - Jul 5 with 5423 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:55 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

it wasn't really a criticism, more of an observation. To see England outnumbered 5 to 1 by Colombia at a World Cup held in Europe is just mind-boggling.

Every World Cup Colombia are very well supported tbf

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:08 - Jul 5 with 5412 viewsJakeITFC

Logistically it was difficult/expensive to follow England, especially if you planned to base yourself in Moscow.

It’s much more accessible now that the games are less spread out, so I expect to see thousands over in the next week if we get through. That being said, there are tickets easily available through official channels for the Sweden game.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:09 - Jul 5 with 5408 viewsmonty_radio

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 20:55 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

To see so many from S American countries with indifferent economies says to me that there is a big gap between haves and have-nots on display here.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:11 - Jul 5 with 5387 viewsbrazil1982

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:09 - Jul 5 by monty_radio

To see so many from S American countries with indifferent economies says to me that there is a big gap between haves and have-nots on display here.

I suspect the majority flew in from Spain tbf
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:49 - Jul 5 with 5296 viewsFtnfwest

Apparently it’s more a Europe wide thing. Very few particularly Western European fans there.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 22:08 - Jul 5 with 5237 viewsIllinoisblue

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 21:08 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

Logistically it was difficult/expensive to follow England, especially if you planned to base yourself in Moscow.

It’s much more accessible now that the games are less spread out, so I expect to see thousands over in the next week if we get through. That being said, there are tickets easily available through official channels for the Sweden game.

yes, have to assume numbers will be good for Saturday and then really good for the semi and the Final. We may yet get to see plastic chairs being hurled across Red Square!

62 - 78 - 81

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 22:15 - Jul 5 with 5203 viewsstrikalite

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 22:08 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

yes, have to assume numbers will be good for Saturday and then really good for the semi and the Final. We may yet get to see plastic chairs being hurled across Red Square!

Will the ultras turn up to our farewell party?
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 22:37 - Jul 5 with 5140 viewsflimflam

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 22:15 - Jul 5 by strikalite

Will the ultras turn up to our farewell party?

If we knock Russia out in the semis it could get interesting

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 23:27 - Jul 5 with 5029 viewsclive_baker

I’ve been to a lot of England games both home and abroad and that night in Marseille will live with me forever, it was horrible.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 06:26 - Jul 6 with 4826 viewsm14_blue

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 23:27 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

I’ve been to a lot of England games both home and abroad and that night in Marseille will live with me forever, it was horrible.

Ditto.

Different to anything I'd seen before.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 07:52 - Jul 6 with 4727 viewshammo56

What happened in Marseille, travelling involved between venues, cost and not to forget England's record at recent tournaments.
Went to the game in Kaliningrad and had a great time, got a ticket for the final should England get there and have my name on waiting list with the FA if any become available for the semi-final.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 08:26 - Jul 6 with 4682 viewsNo9

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 19:37 - Jul 5 by Lord_Lucan

“The man” told everyone not to go and people believe what the man says.

There was never going to be a whiff of trouble, this is Putins stage and he has played an absolute blinder. Hooligans have been told to step down or say goodbye to mum for 20 years.

It will go down as one of the best world cups.

Putin is a master.

There was always more chance of getting shot in America than in Russia

'The man' wouldn't tell you that.
so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 09:55 - Jul 6 with 4554 viewsSwansea_Blue

Russia have certainly won the PR war this time.

Although, wait what's this? The Russian's have been conducting terrorists attacks again on British soil, again! How convenie, er, I mean awful.

*Dons tinfoil hat and runs off*

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

so why has England's support been so poor this tournament? on 10:01 - Jul 6 with 4548 viewsCurrie10

I'll tell ya why.

Mainstream media chatting absolute RUBBISH about the eastern block, AGAIN.

Been to the last four tournaments.

They did their best to wreck Ukraine 2012 - All us England fans did was rip Sol Campbell to shreds the entire tournament. Thank you Sol, we'll do what we want. And no, I'm not coming home in a coffin thank you for your concern............

Did the same for Russia - shock surprise - the Russian hosts were OUTSTANDING again.

Infact, of the four tournaments I've been to France was by far the worst in terms of reception.

Russia / Brazil / Ukraine all absolutely superb hosts. France, not bad but clearly a lot....... not the most welcoming.

Nothing like a media agenda.

I no longer will tolerate watching BBC / ITV or Sky news. Too much propoganda and agenda. Very very sad.

Al Jazeera is a far better news channel and will cover many issues the mainstream media won't let people know about.

So many England fans in Russia I've encountered absolutely detest what the BBC is doing. Absolute disgrace. Wake up people.

As for South Americans going on mass - they aren't as wet and easily influenced as our lot. Good on them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024