Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marc McNulty 10:44 - Jul 6 with 1209 viewsitfc48

Looks to be off to Reading for a fee rising to £1.5m. Would have liked to seen us in the mix at that price. His movement is exceptional, great finisher and decent with both feet.

I know it's a big fee for us but it's very good value when you look at some of the other fees being quoted.
Marc McNulty on 10:53 - Jul 6 with 1159 viewsDanFord

He’s very Marcus Stewart-esque. The closest ting I’ve seen to Sir Marcus since the man himself. Great signing for them.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Marc McNulty on 10:58 - Jul 6 with 1139 viewsGuthrum

I'm sure he's good, but how does he differ (in style, I mean) from Waghorn?

Edit: If we're going to spend money, do we really need two of the same player in that position?
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 11:01]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Marc McNulty on 11:10 - Jul 6 with 1080 viewsDanFord

Marc McNulty on 10:58 - Jul 6 by Guthrum

Edit: If we're going to spend money, do we really need two of the same player in that position?

I am a huge fan of McNulty and think he'll end up in the Premier League in the next 2-3 years. But given Hurst's system and the fact we have Waghorn it would be a pointless signing for that sort of money for us.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Marc McNulty on 11:35 - Jul 6 with 1009 viewsitfc48

Marc McNulty on 10:58 - Jul 6 by Guthrum

I would say his style differs enough from Waghorn for that not to be an issue. This bigger issue would probably be Hurt's preferred 4-1-4-1 formation. At Coventry he often plays in a two with a target man (Biamou). At Championship level I reckon a lone striker either needs a lot of pace or height and physicality.
Marc McNulty on 11:50 - Jul 6 with 950 viewsGuthrum

Marc McNulty on 11:35 - Jul 6 by itfc48

I would say his style differs enough from Waghorn for that not to be an issue. This bigger issue would probably be Hurt's preferred 4-1-4-1 formation. At Coventry he often plays in a two with a target man (Biamou). At Championship level I reckon a lone striker either needs a lot of pace or height and physicality.

Absolutely true on your last sentence. I don't think Waghorn is at his most effective operating entirely alone.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024