Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 14:06 - Jul 6 with 1655 viewsTJS

I understand the semi-finals and final will be at Wembley but does anyone know if England will be playing any group games there.
It's really confusing as Wembley is also hosting Group D games but I don't know if this means England would;
a - automatically be put in group D as joint hosts
b - randomly drawn in any group
c - randomly drawn in any group other than D (I.e. no home advantage allowed)

[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 14:07]
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:08 - Jul 6 with 1640 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

My guess is B
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:18 - Jul 6 with 1606 viewsVaughan8

Either B or C.

This link seems to suggest Wembley is only semi finals and final - http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/euro-2020-hosts-qualifiers-your-guide-to-the-new-

Not sure how accurate it is though.
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:22 - Jul 6 with 1591 views05Jchamb

I'm fairly sure someone told me if England qualify they will be playing 2 at Wembley and 1 in Glasgow.
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:32 - Jul 6 with 1545 viewschristiand

Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:22 - Jul 6 by 05Jchamb

I'm fairly sure someone told me if England qualify they will be playing 2 at Wembley and 1 in Glasgow.

England playing in Glasgow? I’m sure that will be well received north of the border!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:40 - Jul 6 with 1537 viewsTJS

Wikipedia suggests it's a but it's not clear

edit: actually it says
"Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two matches at home"
"If both host teams within one group qualify directly for the final tournament, a draw will decide which team host their head-to-head match"

This suggests we will have a minimum of two group matches at Wembley and possibly a third match at Wembley or Glasgow if Scotland qualify or the third match in Glasgow if Scotland don't.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 14:52]
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 1486 viewsJ2BLUE

Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 14:40 - Jul 6 by TJS

Wikipedia suggests it's a but it's not clear

edit: actually it says
"Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two matches at home"
"If both host teams within one group qualify directly for the final tournament, a draw will decide which team host their head-to-head match"

This suggests we will have a minimum of two group matches at Wembley and possibly a third match at Wembley or Glasgow if Scotland qualify or the third match in Glasgow if Scotland don't.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 14:52]

That's how I read it although I suspect common sense would prevail and we'd have all three at Wembley.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 15:03 - Jul 6 with 1464 viewsTJS

It also looks like if England were to win group D they would be playing the next round in Dublin which could be quite interesting.
UEFA have obviously decided there is no longer any risk in this — I’m not totally convinced.
From an England perspective it is sort of 60% like hosting the whole tournament with at least 4 of the potential 7 games and possibly 5 at Wembley.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 15:04]
Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 20:47 - Jul 6 with 1276 viewslinhdi

Looking ahead to Euro 2020 on 15:03 - Jul 6 by TJS

It also looks like if England were to win group D they would be playing the next round in Dublin which could be quite interesting.
UEFA have obviously decided there is no longer any risk in this — I’m not totally convinced.
From an England perspective it is sort of 60% like hosting the whole tournament with at least 4 of the potential 7 games and possibly 5 at Wembley.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 15:04]

I went to the Ireland v England game in Dublin a few years ago, and it went absolutely fine. There were a few hundred idiots singing anti-IRA stuff in the ground (but not in the streets - ho hum), but the Irish fans accepted that most of us just wanted to have a few (too many) Guinnesses with them and put the world to rights.

Brilliant trip. Bring it on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024