Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... 21:36 - Jul 7 with 7353 viewschristiand

the best in the modern era?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:40 - Jul 7 with 3228 viewsParisBlue

And yet many said that it was a disgrace they were given the right to host it.

It’ll be ironic if England do go on to win the competition given the fallout when Russia were awarded it.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:42 - Jul 7 with 3211 viewsHurleyBurley

It helps that we're still in it.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:43 - Jul 7 with 3215 viewschristiand

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:40 - Jul 7 by ParisBlue

And yet many said that it was a disgrace they were given the right to host it.

It’ll be ironic if England do go on to win the competition given the fallout when Russia were awarded it.

I was probably one of those and thought they had bought it ParisBlue. For all the negatives about the country prior to the competition commencing just believe it has superseded everyone’s expectations on and off the pitch.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:02 - Jul 7 with 3162 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:43 - Jul 7 by christiand

I was probably one of those and thought they had bought it ParisBlue. For all the negatives about the country prior to the competition commencing just believe it has superseded everyone’s expectations on and off the pitch.

"England football team 'SHOCK World Cup BOYCOTT being considered to send message to Putin'

UK OFFICIALS are reportedly considering a shocking plan to withdraw the England football team from this summer’s World Cup in Russia if Vladimir Putin’s government is implicated in the alleged poisoning of double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia."

source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/929767/russia-world-cup-2018-boycott-vladimir-

So we have two options:

a) stick to our principles and pull out now
b) admit that the whole Skripal affair was British politicking at its absolute lowest.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:12 - Jul 7 with 3135 viewsnshearman1

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:02 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

"England football team 'SHOCK World Cup BOYCOTT being considered to send message to Putin'

UK OFFICIALS are reportedly considering a shocking plan to withdraw the England football team from this summer’s World Cup in Russia if Vladimir Putin’s government is implicated in the alleged poisoning of double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia."

source: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/929767/russia-world-cup-2018-boycott-vladimir-

So we have two options:

a) stick to our principles and pull out now
b) admit that the whole Skripal affair was British politicking at its absolute lowest.

This is just silly. Don't confuse a Daily Express article with 'British politicking'. Especially when two people are currently close to death in hospital. Who else makes Novichok?! The fact that Putin has controlled the PR on this World Cup and the football's been entertaining doesn't make the Russians suddenly whiter than white. Anyway, I'm personally delighted the doped-up Russians have finally gone, that the Brazilian given a special 'Presidential decree' by Putin to play for Russia missed one of the penalties, and hopeful that we'll now go on and win the thing in Russia.
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:19 - Jul 7 with 3101 viewsBluefish

What are you basing it on? Why is it better than others?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:19 - Jul 7 with 3100 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:12 - Jul 7 by nshearman1

This is just silly. Don't confuse a Daily Express article with 'British politicking'. Especially when two people are currently close to death in hospital. Who else makes Novichok?! The fact that Putin has controlled the PR on this World Cup and the football's been entertaining doesn't make the Russians suddenly whiter than white. Anyway, I'm personally delighted the doped-up Russians have finally gone, that the Brazilian given a special 'Presidential decree' by Putin to play for Russia missed one of the penalties, and hopeful that we'll now go on and win the thing in Russia.

Boris Johnson himself threatened to boycott the world cup. Is that political enough for you?

Who is close to death in hospital?

"Who else makes Novichok?!"
- I think you need to do your homework.

You could start by watching this:

EDIT: Oh look Lowhouse has woken up.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 22:27]

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:37 - Jul 7 with 3027 viewslowhouseblue

it's been good because there's been very little to separate the teams. almost anyone could have progressed, or got through a knock out stage. there haven't been dominant teams or any odds on winner.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:37 - Jul 7 with 3027 viewsnshearman1

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:19 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

Boris Johnson himself threatened to boycott the world cup. Is that political enough for you?

Well, I'll accept the Boris point, Boris being a beacon of truth and accuracy wherever he goes.

The couple who picked up the Novichok container are reportedly close to death in hospital.

Homework completed.

Your Youtube clip from a failed regional BBC journalist is laughable.

Anyway, merrily off to bed now, night night!
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:39 - Jul 7 with 3022 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:19 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

You have no interest in Russian provocation aimed at the UK?

Planes flown down the channel, or off the coast of Scotland?

Boats deliberately brought as close to our shores as they can just about get away with?

"We all do it". Do we? On that scale?

Yay. Go Russia, you good guys. Come on.

I'm sure that the majority of Russian people are amazing to know, like most of the population of the planet, but politically right now the country is not our friend.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:48 - Jul 7 with 2993 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:39 - Jul 7 by jeera

Boats deliberately brought as close to our shores as they can just about get away with?

I'm sure that the majority of Russian people are amazing to know, like most of the population of the planet, but politically right now the country is not our friend.

Have you listened to the video?

EDIT: And can you tell me what benefit Russia gets from these so called provocations?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 22:50]

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:01 - Jul 7 with 2953 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:37 - Jul 7 by nshearman1

Well, I'll accept the Boris point, Boris being a beacon of truth and accuracy wherever he goes.

The couple who picked up the Novichok container are reportedly close to death in hospital.

Homework completed.

Your Youtube clip from a failed regional BBC journalist is laughable.

Anyway, merrily off to bed now, night night!

The couple who picked up the Novichok container? Oh, you're talking about Amesbury, right?

What container was that?

This is the same even where emergency services were called out and then tweeted that it was actually a drug related incident.

You haven't done your homework. Your homework was an hour long. What points does the journalist make which you disagree with?

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:13 - Jul 7 with 2915 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:48 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

Have you listened to the video?

EDIT: And can you tell me what benefit Russia gets from these so called provocations?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 22:50]

Why would I want to listen to 'the video'?

Shall we discount all the bad things Russia have been responsible for recently?

Is there a video debunking the free reign of their 'Ultras' attacking English in France or are you simply fine with it? Gratuitous violence is ok when it's against your own huh?

Have a word with yourself.

I dislike our government and most of what they stand for. They have done ll they can to trash my life I assure you.

But I will support the views and hard work of our civil service until I learn otherwise against a known rogue country like Russia.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:19 - Jul 7 with 2896 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:13 - Jul 7 by jeera

Why would I want to listen to 'the video'?

Shall we discount all the bad things Russia have been responsible for recently?

Is there a video debunking the free reign of their 'Ultras' attacking English in France or are you simply fine with it? Gratuitous violence is ok when it's against your own huh?

Have a word with yourself.

I dislike our government and most of what they stand for. They have done ll they can to trash my life I assure you.

But I will support the views and hard work of our civil service until I learn otherwise against a known rogue country like Russia.

So our government has done all it can to trash your life yet you believe all the bad things that they have told you about Russia.

It sounds a little bit like you want to believe that Russia has done all these bad things.

If you didn't, perhaps you wouldn't dismiss an interesting video suggested to you by a fellow fan.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:23 - Jul 7 with 2883 viewsBluesquid

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 21:42 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

It helps that we're still in it.

Yes there were a few calling for a boycott.
It's been a fantastic tournament with England's best chance in ages, we can be thankful those calling for a boycott didn't get their way.
Ironically some of those will probably end up at the semi and final of a tournament they actually wanted cancelled!
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:26 - Jul 7 with 2877 viewsBluesquid

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:39 - Jul 7 by jeera

"but politically right now this country is not our friend."

Fixed that for you.
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:27 - Jul 7 with 2871 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:19 - Jul 7 by HurleyBurley

So our government has done all it can to trash your life yet you believe all the bad things that they have told you about Russia.

It sounds a little bit like you want to believe that Russia has done all these bad things.

If you didn't, perhaps you wouldn't dismiss an interesting video suggested to you by a fellow fan.

And you, in the interest of balance, wouldn't ignore what I said about Russian aircraft and warships encroaching on our personal space to test our defences and deliberately waste our resources.

You would also condemn the organised, and publicly condoned by Russian officials and nationalised media on TV, violence against English visitors to France.

You seem fine with all that.

I'm not at fault here.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:28 - Jul 7 with 2864 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:26 - Jul 7 by Bluesquid

"but politically right now this country is not our friend."

Fixed that for you.

If I require your assistance I'll let you know.

You are incapable of fixing anything for me.

Go away.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:34 - Jul 7 with 2843 viewsBluesquid

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:28 - Jul 7 by jeera

If I require your assistance I'll let you know.

You are incapable of fixing anything for me.

Go away.

For real, you don't need any help.
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 2838 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:34 - Jul 7 by Bluesquid

For real, you don't need any help.

It's not that mate. It's just... you know.

I've got no time for you.

I'm sorry. It's not me - it's you.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 2837 viewsStokieBlue

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 22:37 - Jul 7 by lowhouseblue

it's been good because there's been very little to separate the teams. almost anyone could have progressed, or got through a knock out stage. there haven't been dominant teams or any odds on winner.

You are of course right but it doesn't suit the board narrative.

It's a weird board.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 2831 viewsHurleyBurley

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:27 - Jul 7 by jeera

And you, in the interest of balance, wouldn't ignore what I said about Russian aircraft and warships encroaching on our personal space to test our defences and deliberately waste our resources.

You would also condemn the organised, and publicly condoned by Russian officials and nationalised media on TV, violence against English visitors to France.

You seem fine with all that.

I'm not at fault here.

With regards to planes and ships I'm not sure which events you're talking about.

I remember reports of russian subs off the coast of Norway which turned out to be false, so please tell me which events you're talking about.

The violence by Russian football fans was atrocious. I assume they were Russian and not Ukrainian. I'll take your word for it that their actions were condoned on Russian TV - what did they actually say?

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:38 - Jul 7 with 2831 viewsBluesquid

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:37 - Jul 7 by jeera

It's not that mate. It's just... you know.

I've got no time for you.

I'm sorry. It's not me - it's you.

What have i done to you?
The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:39 - Jul 7 with 2828 viewsjeera

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:38 - Jul 7 by Bluesquid

What have i done to you?

Well right now, you're still here, despite repeated requests to the contrary.

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:42 - Jul 7 with 2821 viewsBluesquid

The Russians have hosted a wonderful World Cup... on 23:39 - Jul 7 by jeera

Well right now, you're still here, despite repeated requests to the contrary.

Yes, ok. But why did you say you had no time for me?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024