Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Dixon 08:26 - Jul 8 with 1711 viewsbluejacko

Last night he commented that we now need to worry about Croatia!
Doesn’t that show the attitude of ‘the old guard’?
Ok of course you have to respect the opposition but I don’t think that at the moment this England team worries about anybody.
Lee Dixon on 08:29 - Jul 8 with 1681 viewsAce_High1

Thats the MM approach.

Spend all of the week worrying about the other team, matching them up and then when we draw or lose tell everyone how good they are!!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 8:29]
Lee Dixon on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 1618 viewssolemio

You take each word far too literally. He just meant that we must now think about the next match. Which is what Gareth Southgate, the backroom team and the players will do.

It doesn't imply that we will spend our time worrying, reacting to the way Croatia play, and be dominated by their methods.
Lee Dixon on 09:04 - Jul 8 with 1536 viewsfarkenhell

To be fair, he did correct himself as soon as he said it. Croatia is a step up on what we have faced so far, with an impressive midfield trio. However, as Dixon said, they will also be very wary of us, particularly our pace up front.
Lee Dixon on 11:54 - Jul 8 with 1322 viewsfactual_blue

Lee Dixon on 08:43 - Jul 8 by solemio

You take each word far too literally. He just meant that we must now think about the next match. Which is what Gareth Southgate, the backroom team and the players will do.

It doesn't imply that we will spend our time worrying, reacting to the way Croatia play, and be dominated by their methods.

I would think all of the games of all of our potential opponents -certainly in our half of the draw - have been extensively watched by members of the England back room staff.

Little is left to chance in football these days, particularly by somebody as meticulous as Gareth.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lee Dixon on 13:48 - Jul 8 with 1164 viewsOldsmoker

Lee Dixon on 09:04 - Jul 8 by farkenhell

To be fair, he did correct himself as soon as he said it. Croatia is a step up on what we have faced so far, with an impressive midfield trio. However, as Dixon said, they will also be very wary of us, particularly our pace up front.

Croatia know they scraped through against Russia.
They will be questioning themselves as to why that was.
I suspect they will be worrying more about us than us about them.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Lee Dixon on 13:57 - Jul 8 with 1142 viewsBenters2

Lee Dixon on 08:29 - Jul 8 by Ace_High1

Thats the MM approach.

Spend all of the week worrying about the other team, matching them up and then when we draw or lose tell everyone how good they are!!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 8:29]

Be careful what you wish for 😴
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024