Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
08:29 - Jul 8 with 6318 views_

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:42 - Jul 8 with 5779 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you were able to ask Lingaard and Kane who theyd want uptop Sterling would be the answer. The runs he makes creates so much space. Yes end product hasnt been great but we would miss him greatly if taken out of the lineup.

You also have to think of how much energy the defenders are having to use just to keep up witb him.. this leads to fatique and mistakes.

I love him tbh. If there was world cup player cam id choose him to follow.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 5770 viewsm14_blue

Anyone who can't see how important Sterling is to the way this England team play can't have been watching properly.

That doesn't mean his lack of end product isn't incredibly frustrating though.
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:51 - Jul 8 with 5733 viewssolemio

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:43 - Jul 8 by m14_blue

Anyone who can't see how important Sterling is to the way this England team play can't have been watching properly.

'End product' can be providing a scoring opportunity or a goal for a colleague. It doesn't have to be a goal for Raheem Sterling.
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:55 - Jul 8 with 5717 viewsjeera

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:51 - Jul 8 by solemio

'End product' can be providing a scoring opportunity or a goal for a colleague. It doesn't have to be a goal for Raheem Sterling.

True, but tbf he did appear to panic once or twice yesterday and made some poor decisions.

I maintain pressure is playing a part.

But yes, it would be daft to ignore what he brings to the game. He was terrorising the Swedes at times.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:02 - Jul 8 with 5707 viewsThrobbe

A considerably more erudite version of the point I was trying to make to someone at half time yesterday who was insisting that Sterling needed to come off.

When I'm in charge people will have to take a basic test before being allowed to watch football in the same pub as me.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:04 - Jul 8 with 5699 viewshomer_123

Indeed....but his pace, work rate, and how he creates space for others means he's an excellent choice.

And frankly, anyone criticising England, Southgate or the players needs their heads testing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:17 - Jul 8 with 5658 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Spot on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:23 - Jul 8 with 5646 viewsDanFord

I’ve been a big critic lately. Yesterday he was absolutely brilliant. His finishing has never been great. It’s a shame he didn’t just poke it past Olsen the second he controlled the long ball. Overthinking things and that’s from a lack of confidence but he was genuinely superb. The criticism of Sterling is when he doesn’t make those runs in addition to missing easy chances. He has had games this tournament when he’s offered nothing. I was delighted that he stepped up yesterday and was a huge factor in us progressing. Alli got a goal too. Really pleased for both of them. Two talented players whose form for England lately has been poor. Let’s hope they tear Croatia apart.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Login to get fewer ads

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:31 - Jul 8 with 5614 viewsclive_baker

Some people just don’t understand football. They see him miss a 1 on 1 and their conclusion is ‘sub him, he’s rubbish’.

He shouldn’t be free from croticism and does need to improve his decision making with the ball, but he’s been hugely influential in England’s success so far. He’s a class player.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:50 - Jul 8 with 5563 viewsPinewoodblue

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:31 - Jul 8 by clive_baker

Some people just don’t understand football. They see him miss a 1 on 1 and their conclusion is ‘sub him, he’s rubbish’.

He shouldn’t be free from croticism and does need to improve his decision making with the ball, but he’s been hugely influential in England’s success so far. He’s a class player.

Would be much better if Sterling knew he was going to be subbed after 70 minutes so didn't have to pace himself for the full game. Might cause even more havoc with his runs. Welbeck or Rashford could then take his place,

it really is a shame that Sterling has bottled his goal scoring chances.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

on 10:45 - Jul 8 with 5475 views_

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:02 - Jul 8 by Throbbe

A considerably more erudite version of the point I was trying to make to someone at half time yesterday who was insisting that Sterling needed to come off.

When I'm in charge people will have to take a basic test before being allowed to watch football in the same pub as me.

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 10:48 - Jul 8 with 5469 viewspointofblue

His link up play is superb, if he could finish in an England shirt he’d be world class. I think nerves have shot him to bits as far as that goes, unfortunately.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 10:51 - Jul 8 with 5467 views_

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 10:48 - Jul 8 by pointofblue

His link up play is superb, if he could finish in an England shirt he’d be world class. I think nerves have shot him to bits as far as that goes, unfortunately.

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 11:15 - Jul 8 with 5398 viewsfarkenhell

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 09:31 - Jul 8 by clive_baker

Spot on
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 11:23 - Jul 8 with 5377 viewsFtnfwest

Equally I was sat in a room yesterday (mostly spammers I have to add) who kept moaning at Alli saying ‘all he’s done is score’. Thought he was nervous like a good few of them in first 20, but after than ran his socks off and kept coming deep for the ball to keep moves going
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 11:31 - Jul 8 with 5363 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Good video that. There are two ways out of a press: dribble or pass. He gives the extra option for a pass and then breaks the next phase of pressing with his pace and dribbling. This makes him a nightmare for the opposition all over the pitch.

Will be interesting to see how effective he is in this role against a decent side like France though
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 11:42 - Jul 8 with 5340 viewschristiand

His pace and movement off the ball is terrific at times, but if England make that World Cup final next Sunday and Sterling has a chance to win it for us in the last few minutes, I just wouldn't feel confident that he'd be able to capitalise and be clinical enough in his finishing. He just appears to lack that composure in front of goal and panics.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 12:49 - Jul 8 with 5240 viewsbluehook

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 08:51 - Jul 8 by solemio

Either one of those two attributes would help.
How long since a goal or assist?
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 13:05 - Jul 8 with 5208 viewsYaffle

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 12:49 - Jul 8 by bluehook

Either one of those two attributes would help.
How long since a goal or assist?

Assist for Lingard’s goal against Panama. But you would know that if you had watched the video ;)
"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 13:24 - Jul 8 with 5169 viewsSuperfrans

Yesterday reminded me why it’s so annoying watching football with people who rarely do and therefore don’t understand it. The worst symptoms of football stupidity being:
1. Making stupid comments such as the ones abiut Sterling.
2. Screaming/shouting in over enthusiastic excitement when someone makes a cross as if it’s really close chance. It isn’t, it’s a cross.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 13:42 - Jul 8 with 5126 viewsOldsmoker

I remember when Darren Bent and Shefki Kuqi played together.
Shefki scored a goal when Darren ran across the oppositions back line and all the defenders chased him leaving Shefki with no-one near him and the whole goal to aim at.
Darren didn't touch the ball but he made that goal.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 19:17 - Jul 8 with 4949 viewsbluehook

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 13:05 - Jul 8 by Yaffle

Assist for Lingard’s goal against Panama. But you would know that if you had watched the video ;)

I watched the betting companies ad video as you suggested.
So then, one assist.
2 goals in 41 appearances.
on 19:29 - Jul 8 with 4929 views_

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 19:17 - Jul 8 by bluehook

I watched the betting companies ad video as you suggested.
So then, one assist.
2 goals in 41 appearances.

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 19:30 - Jul 8 with 4921 viewsjeera

on 19:29 - Jul 8 by _

They've disguised his mum's voice well though.*

*Poor joke attempt.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"Why most criticism of Raheem Sterling is stupid" on 19:31 - Jul 8 with 4920 viewsAce_High1

He is a frustrating player at times. Yesterday he should have scored at least one goal from that one on one chance.

A higher level Dean McDonald.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024