Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route 10:17 - Jul 9 with 2805 viewsTJS

Have a look at what Germany had in 2002;

Group — Rep Ireland, Cameroon, Saudi Arabia
Round of 16 — Paraguay
Quarter Final — USA
Semi-Final — South Korea

I don’t see too many traditional World Cup powerhouses there.
You can only beat the teams in front of you.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:22 - Jul 9 with 2759 viewschicoazul

The only people banging on about it are the separatist Scots Welsh & Irish a few dozen English wet wipes and some French people and let's be honest, who cares what they think. They hate England whatever happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:24 - Jul 9 with 2744 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was a bit miffed at how we approached the Belgium game, but it's worked so far. Although who's to say that winning the group wouldn't also have worked - doesn't seem to have done Belgium any harm so far either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 2694 viewsNo9

"You can only beat the teams in front of you."

Correct but, that is what many England coaches / teams in the past forgot.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:33 - Jul 9 with 2685 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Its's not like Colombia, Sweden and Croatia have made the latter stages by winning a raffle.

Anyone who makes it to the quarters and semis has had to beat decent teams to get there, so they themselves must be pretty good.

Also, for what it's worth. I genuinely think we would have beaten Germany or Spain had they have made it through to the Quarters & Semis anyway (based on their group stage performances)
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:34 - Jul 9 with 2680 viewsBlueRaider

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:24 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

I was a bit miffed at how we approached the Belgium game, but it's worked so far. Although who's to say that winning the group wouldn't also have worked - doesn't seem to have done Belgium any harm so far either.

Don't forget that Belgium approached that game in exactly the same way that we did

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:34 - Jul 9 with 2682 viewsDanFord

There are some people absolutely certain England cannot beat France or Belgium if they get that far. Apparently Leicester can romp to the Premier League over 38 games, but we can't beat a similarly ranked team over 90 minutes.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:37 - Jul 9 with 2654 viewsNo9

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:33 - Jul 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Its's not like Colombia, Sweden and Croatia have made the latter stages by winning a raffle.

Anyone who makes it to the quarters and semis has had to beat decent teams to get there, so they themselves must be pretty good.

Also, for what it's worth. I genuinely think we would have beaten Germany or Spain had they have made it through to the Quarters & Semis anyway (based on their group stage performances)

Against the antics of Columbia, England players showed mental strength
Against Sweden they showed tactical nous.

Onward & upward
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:39 - Jul 9 with 2649 viewsbluewein

My main issue has been Belgium beating Panama and people saying they've "made a statement"...

Followed by England beating Panama and people saying "calm down, it's only Panama"...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:44 - Jul 9 with 2620 viewsDanFord

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:39 - Jul 9 by bluewein

My main issue has been Belgium beating Panama and people saying they've "made a statement"...

Followed by England beating Panama and people saying "calm down, it's only Panama"...

My main issue was people saying Saudi Arabia shouldn't be at the World Cup because they lost 5-0 to Russia. They conceded two at the death because they'd given up. People were carrying on like they'd lost 15-0. It was pathetic. Arsenal lost 8-2 at Manchester United. Liverpool lost 5-1 at Man City. Barca beat PSG 6-1. I don't remember calls for them to be kicked out the PL or CL.

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 11:01 - Jul 9 with 2562 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In 1990 we only beat one team in 90 mins.

That was Egypt.

That tournament has gone down in folklore.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 11:02]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 11:07 - Jul 9 with 2508 viewsPilgrimblue

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:39 - Jul 9 by bluewein

You mean the Media as they drive opinion. All teams in WC have deserved to be there by winning their groups etc so its never easy.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 11:11 - Jul 9 with 2495 viewsnrb1985

People also forget that Sweden qualified out of a "group of death" so they are no mugs. We comfortbaly dispatched a team that beat mexico 3-0 and more than matched the Germans.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 11:57 - Jul 9 with 2353 viewsOsborneOneNil

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 10:24 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

I was delighted how we went about the Belgium game. How anyone couldn't see that finishing runners up wouldn't be a better route than as group winners is beyond me. We didn't go into that match to lose, but we rested everyone, gave the squad a run out, ad ended up getting to the semi's, so far.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 12:06 - Jul 9 with 2316 viewsITFC_Forever

No, but while no team are unbeatable, you'd say you'd generally prefer to play Sweden rather than Brazil.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 12:11 - Jul 9 with 2290 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Christ, Ipswich could have beaten that lot
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 13:39 - Jul 9 with 2138 viewscharlie1

It’s the Norwich City mentality.

Our ‘lucky’ UEFA Cup win doesn’t count because we didn’t beat Bayern Munich, or something.

I feel sorry for them as they won’t be celebrating an England World Cup win with a route like this.
You only get to celebrate if you get humped in the third round.
For people banging on about England’s ‘easy’ route on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 2097 viewsDanFord

Just seen on Twitter who Colombia and Sweden have beaten in the last 12 months. Colombia have beaten France and drawn with Brazil, Uruguay and Spain and Sweden have beaten France, Holland, drawn with Italy, beaten Italy and finished top of Germany's group! Two decent sides that the media seem keen to talk down.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024