Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House 15:47 - Jul 9 with 4224 viewsLord_Lucan

Gotta say I find the whole laughing, jeering and cheering from all sides of the house disrespectful and juvenile.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:51 - Jul 9 with 3659 viewschicoazul

Twas ever thus. Everyone always laughed at Pitt the Younger. Our politicians should always be treated with untrusting contempt.

Hard not to feel sorry for the woman but there you go, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:52 - Jul 9 with 3631 viewsHerbivore

Politics in the UK is a joke. It's embarrassing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:54 - Jul 9 with 3621 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:51 - Jul 9 by chicoazul

Twas ever thus. Everyone always laughed at Pitt the Younger. Our politicians should always be treated with untrusting contempt.

Hard not to feel sorry for the woman but there you go, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

You're older than I thought!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:56 - Jul 9 with 3598 viewschicoazul

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:54 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm only Georgian in attitude not age!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:57 - Jul 9 with 3599 viewsIpswichKnight

She will be gone in 48 hours. Boris hadn't even finished writing his resignation letter before No.10 had leaked it to the press. That is seriously bad form, She has to appear before the 1922 committee tonight to address Tory MP's the chairman apparently already has 45 letters from MP's saying they have no confidence in her, he only needs 48 I think and then a leadership contest is triggered, there are now more Brexiteers on the backbenchers then remoaners they can vote down the chequers agreement with Labour.

I can not see how she can survive now.
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:57 - Jul 9 with 3592 viewsWeWereZombies

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:54 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wonder, Lucan and RKD

Factors and...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:03 - Jul 9 with 3544 viewsdirtyboy

I was listening on Radio 4 and my signal wasn't great, I was blaspheming at the radio telling them to shut the f up so I could hear her.

I guess it's not too dissimilar to Love Island or Big Brother where particularly stupid people forget they're being recorded for all to see.
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:03 - Jul 9 with 3534 viewsHerbivore

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:57 - Jul 9 by IpswichKnight

She will be gone in 48 hours. Boris hadn't even finished writing his resignation letter before No.10 had leaked it to the press. That is seriously bad form, She has to appear before the 1922 committee tonight to address Tory MP's the chairman apparently already has 45 letters from MP's saying they have no confidence in her, he only needs 48 I think and then a leadership contest is triggered, there are now more Brexiteers on the backbenchers then remoaners they can vote down the chequers agreement with Labour.

I can not see how she can survive now.

Remoaners?

Login to get fewer ads

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:09 - Jul 9 with 3517 viewschristiand

That's politicians for you. Most lack any moral fibre and integrity. I wouldn't trust any of them!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:09 - Jul 9 with 3513 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's very easy to not feel sorry for her, given that she led one faction of her party up the garden path then stabbed them in the back.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:21 - Jul 9 with 3460 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 15:52 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Politics in the UK is a joke. It's embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more.
One of the first statements that John Major made when he became PM was that he wanted to do away with "yah boo" politics. Sadly it never happened.
While the HOC continues to embrace such nonsense as whips, black rods, MPs having to be referred to the answer to PM's previous question before they can actually ask their question etc and while many of its senior members are privileged blinckered sniggering buffoons with penchants for pigs and oranges nothing's going to change.
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:24 - Jul 9 with 3424 viewsHerbivore

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:21 - Jul 9 by SouthBucksBlue

Couldn't agree more.
One of the first statements that John Major made when he became PM was that he wanted to do away with "yah boo" politics. Sadly it never happened.
While the HOC continues to embrace such nonsense as whips, black rods, MPs having to be referred to the answer to PM's previous question before they can actually ask their question etc and while many of its senior members are privileged blinckered sniggering buffoons with penchants for pigs and oranges nothing's going to change.

Major was a decent guy for a Tory. Our politics is still tribal and it's incredibly damaging. We need PR and a politics based on compromise, consensus and governing in the national interest. Our current system is a power grab that effectively disenfranchises a large proportion of society.

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:31 - Jul 9 with 3395 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:24 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Major was a decent guy for a Tory. Our politics is still tribal and it's incredibly damaging. We need PR and a politics based on compromise, consensus and governing in the national interest. Our current system is a power grab that effectively disenfranchises a large proportion of society.

And, ironically, the people who protest voted against the power grab may well have strengthened it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:33 - Jul 9 with 3371 viewsNo9

Why would anyone feel sorry for her?
This is what she created, no one else to blame
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:36 - Jul 9 with 3361 viewscrazyblue68

Totally agree there. Ive been saying that for years now. How can we get serious stuff sorted out, when they all act like school kids in a playground ?
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:42 - Jul 9 with 3323 viewsDarth_Koont

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:24 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Agreed.

We are the least representative Western democracy (that I can think of at any rate) so all this talk about "will of the people" is hugely ironic. And on top of that we're now a basket case internationally.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:45 - Jul 9 with 3311 viewsWeWereZombies

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:33 - Jul 9 by No9

Why would anyone feel sorry for her?
This is what she created, no one else to blame

So Bill Cash, Farage and co. are clean as a whistle?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:49 - Jul 9 with 3288 viewsNo9

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:45 - Jul 9 by WeWereZombies

So Bill Cash, Farage and co. are clean as a whistle?

No one in their right mind would trust Bill Cash with a 5p piece but I don't think he created May's mess he would have been manoeuvring in the background mind.
Farage isn't in the tory party who knows what strings he pulls.
The need now is to have the electoral commission properly funded and back by a strong police presence
Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:08 - Jul 9 with 3241 viewsWeWereZombies

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 16:03 - Jul 9 by Herbivore

Remoaners?

You know, people who like The Ramones

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:27 - Jul 9 with 3174 viewsArcher4721

I haven't stopped laughing all day.....I'm going to enjoy the drawn out demise of this horrendous government!
Great response from May on 17:28 - Jul 9 with 3172 viewsGlasgowBlue

“Theresa May to Jeremy Corbyn: “He’s had 103 resignations from his front bench, so I’ll take no lectures from him”. Zing.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:36 - Jul 9 with 3122 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:27 - Jul 9 by Archer4721

I haven't stopped laughing all day.....I'm going to enjoy the drawn out demise of this horrendous government!

Thatcher went in 1990. Labour’s next victory was seven years later. Jezza will be about 100 in seven years won’t he?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:37 - Jul 9 with 3120 viewsFelstow1978

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:27 - Jul 9 by Archer4721

This lot may be horrendous, but there's far worse waiting their chance in the wings of the Tory Party. The prospect of those such as Pees-Mogg taking over the Reichstag is something that I stills genuine fear.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 19:34 - Jul 9 with 2968 viewsBlueBadger

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 17:36 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

Thatcher went in 1990. Labour’s next victory was seven years later. Jezza will be about 100 in seven years won’t he?

I genuinely don't get Archer's complacency in this. He's actively supporting a leader who's wishes regarding Brexit run exactly concurrent to those of David Davies and Jacob Rees-Mogg.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 10:35 - Jul 10 with 2758 viewsArcher4721

Just watching Theresa May speaking in The House on 19:34 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

I genuinely don't get Archer's complacency in this. He's actively supporting a leader who's wishes regarding Brexit run exactly concurrent to those of David Davies and Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Please get your facts right.

Mr Corbyn is advocating a soft Brexit with free movement and a customs union.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024