Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travelling is Russia 18:44 - Jul 11 with 678 viewsshoopdelang

Thinking of travelling to Russia if England get to the final. Can someone please explain to me how the Russian visa / fan I’d thing works ? Finding it quite difficult to find out how online.

I don’t have a ticket by the way plan to go out there and if I get one great if not a fan zone.

Thanks in advance
Travelling is Russia on 19:02 - Jul 11 with 645 viewsjeera

I don't know myself, but this article gives some info:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/world-cup-russia-cheap-flig

"How do I get a visa?
Getting a Russian visa is painfully difficult and expensive. As part of the agreement between Fifa and the Russian government, bona-fide fans do not require visas for visits to the host nation that start up to the day of the final, on Sunday 15 July. Instead, they can travel with a “Fan-ID”, which is issued free in a simple online process. It takes around five minutes and approval is normally almost instant. As well as basic passport information, the application also demands a ticket number or Fifa booking reference. The line has always been that the Fan-ID is electronically locked to a valid match ticket acquired by the person who’s applying for the Fan-ID: buy a ticket first, then get the permit to travel. But I have verified that someone else’s ticket number from a previous game is sufficient to apply successfully for a Fan-ID. And ticket numbers are very easy to find on the internet.

This strategy is not officially condoned, and you could be stopped from boarding a flight to Russia or turned back when you get there. But I am not aware of that happening to anyone as yet."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Travelling is Russia on 21:43 - Jul 11 with 592 viewsshoopdelang

Travelling is Russia on 19:02 - Jul 11 by jeera

I don't know myself, but this article gives some info:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/world-cup-russia-cheap-flig

"How do I get a visa?
Getting a Russian visa is painfully difficult and expensive. As part of the agreement between Fifa and the Russian government, bona-fide fans do not require visas for visits to the host nation that start up to the day of the final, on Sunday 15 July. Instead, they can travel with a “Fan-ID”, which is issued free in a simple online process. It takes around five minutes and approval is normally almost instant. As well as basic passport information, the application also demands a ticket number or Fifa booking reference. The line has always been that the Fan-ID is electronically locked to a valid match ticket acquired by the person who’s applying for the Fan-ID: buy a ticket first, then get the permit to travel. But I have verified that someone else’s ticket number from a previous game is sufficient to apply successfully for a Fan-ID. And ticket numbers are very easy to find on the internet.

This strategy is not officially condoned, and you could be stopped from boarding a flight to Russia or turned back when you get there. But I am not aware of that happening to anyone as yet."

Cheers mate. Looks like England have just saved me a lot of money and back hassle. What a shame
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024