Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick McCarthy 22:47 - Jul 11 with 2384 viewsGarv

One thing he always said/says applies tonight.

"Don't get too up when you win, and don't get too down when you lose."

Not that we wouldn't have got just a bit 'up' had we won tonight, but we have no excuse to get too down because of how well we've done. And I got that impression from Gareth's post match.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mick McCarthy on 08:34 - Jul 12 with 2085 viewsBenters2

What about the bore draws?
Mick McCarthy on 08:37 - Jul 12 with 2065 viewsWeWereZombies

Mick McCarthy on 08:34 - Jul 12 by Benters2

Don't bother to go?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Mick McCarthy on 08:39 - Jul 12 with 2052 viewsBenters2

Mick McCarthy on 08:37 - Jul 12 by WeWereZombies

Don't bother to go?

Good point
Mick McCarthy on 08:55 - Jul 12 with 1984 viewsSouperJim

What a ridiculous concept, don't get excited about football, football fans! No wonder our attendance under Mick dropped so heavily. He was all about lowering expectations so he could get away with boring us to death with his pragmatism.

What's the point in following a team if you don't emotionally invest? Might as well spend your Saturday doing something more productive. I'm absolutely crestfallen that we didn't make the final, despite how well this young team have done. However, the downs make the ups all the sweeter.

So, respectfully, stick the Mick McCarthy soundbites up your harris! The bloke has gone and his football was, in the main, as shocking as his philosophy.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Mick McCarthy on 09:32 - Jul 12 with 1864 viewsBlueySwede

Mick McCarthy on 08:55 - Jul 12 by SouperJim

What a ridiculous concept, don't get excited about football, football fans! No wonder our attendance under Mick dropped so heavily. He was all about lowering expectations so he could get away with boring us to death with his pragmatism.

What's the point in following a team if you don't emotionally invest? Might as well spend your Saturday doing something more productive. I'm absolutely crestfallen that we didn't make the final, despite how well this young team have done. However, the downs make the ups all the sweeter.

So, respectfully, stick the Mick McCarthy soundbites up your harris! The bloke has gone and his football was, in the main, as shocking as his philosophy.

SouperJim. I don´t think that was the message at all "don't get excited about football". But you also have to be realistic and stay down to earth even if you win a few games on the trot. I think this is important, especially for players and managers.
Mick McCarthy on 10:37 - Jul 13 with 1655 viewsGarv

Haha. I agree.

Didn't apply imo many times mick used it, just thought it was apt on Wednesday night.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mick McCarthy on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 1635 viewsBenters2

Well said Chap.
Mick McCarthy on 11:43 - Jul 13 with 1506 viewssolemio

Mick McCarthy on 08:34 - Jul 12 by Benters2

I really don't wish to know about your drawers.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthy on 12:17 - Jul 13 with 1424 viewsBenters2

Mick McCarthy on 11:43 - Jul 13 by solemio

I really don't wish to know about your drawers.

Crap ain’t they 🤪💩
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024