Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month 23:09 - Jul 11 with 1808 viewstextbackup

been an absolute pleasure to be involved in that, this tournament will live long in the memory.

i'm not sure about anyone else, the pain of this is bad, but its not what I felt after that playoff lose to them up the road.

and now the focus and attention is fully back on Paul Hurst and his Ipswich - I couldn't manage to focus on both these things at once!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:10 - Jul 11 with 1800 viewsFunge

'the pain of this is bad, but its not what I felt after that playoff lose to them up the road'

Damn straight. Good post.
what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:12 - Jul 11 with 1780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:10 - Jul 11 by Funge

'the pain of this is bad, but its not what I felt after that playoff lose to them up the road'

I never expected us to win that play off tie.

I was more hopeful that England would win tonight.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:13 - Jul 11 with 1770 viewstextbackup

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:10 - Jul 11 by Funge

had to nip in my sisters after the game and my nephew was in bits (aged 7) saw much of me in him at reacting that way as a boy, but I told him to remember the pain he feels now because when it goes good it'll be even sweeter.... he probably wont remember that, but its true.

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:14 - Jul 11 with 1762 viewstextbackup

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:12 - Jul 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

agree..... but, it was still our best season in 10/12 and they ended it.

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:15 - Jul 11 with 1759 viewsFunge

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:12 - Jul 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's an interesting point, though.

We got to 0-0 at HT up there, and I started to believe... we all know what happened next.

Yet at HT tonight, after a fairly dominant half, I didn't. Maybe cos I'm an odd bastard, or maybe because the whole situation was so alien....

Oh, I dunno.
what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 09:59 - Jul 12 with 1588 viewsBrixtonBlue

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:13 - Jul 11 by textbackup

had to nip in my sisters after the game and my nephew was in bits (aged 7) saw much of me in him at reacting that way as a boy, but I told him to remember the pain he feels now because when it goes good it'll be even sweeter.... he probably wont remember that, but its true.

A lot of Norwich supports had to nip in their sisters after the game as well.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 10:59 - Jul 12 with 1554 viewsfarkenhell

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 23:13 - Jul 11 by textbackup

My son is a similar age (6) and immediately after the game we had tears, cries of "why, why, why" and blaming the Croatian referee.

And then he started crying!

Seriously though, some good advice there. I told junior that the good thing about football is that the next tournament is never far away and that the qualifiers for the Euros begin before the end of this year.
what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 11:49 - Jul 12 with 1510 viewsSwansea_Blue

No pain here. Just mild amazement at the power of sport to mobilise a nation. Very few people gave two hoots before the tournament, but now even people who have never watched a live football match in their life know who Kieran Trippier is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

what a brilliant ride we've been on the last month on 12:19 - Jul 12 with 1476 viewsBecclesITFC

Just loved the connection with the supporters, manager and players. People in the office who hate footie are gutted too. It's a pleasure to see people being friendly, happy and celebrate together.

I would really like England to play friendlies around the grounds and reconnect with all parts of the country again and not be a corporate London team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024