Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What might have been... 09:05 - Jul 12 with 1111 viewsconnorscontract

I said when he was injured during the run-in that Oxlade-Chamberlain's injury could cost Liverpool the Champions League and would hurt England in the World Cup.

He was in fantastic form last season, and I think his dribbling ability and his slide-rule passing into the path of attackers' runs could have made a real difference.

There are loads of "what ifs?" that we could dwell on this morning, my point is that England can immediately strengthen the team who reached a World Cup Semi Final.
What might have been... on 09:53 - Jul 12 with 1032 viewsbadadski

Agree massively, deli Ali has been massively underwhelming internationally for me. The OX and especially yesteday Adam Llalana would have made a big difference as their was lots of space in the middle as a few of maguires runs through the middle proved.
What might have been... on 09:55 - Jul 12 with 1023 viewsSwansea_Blue

What might have been... on 09:53 - Jul 12 by badadski

Agree massively, deli Ali has been massively underwhelming internationally for me. The OX and especially yesteday Adam Llalana would have made a big difference as their was lots of space in the middle as a few of maguires runs through the middle proved.

That was largely because Croatia pinned out fullbacks back but we insisted on keeping 2 up top. But yeah, agreed we needed a bit more in there. Alli generally a disappointment all tournament and Lingard wasn't at his best with the ball last night either. Would have been nice to have another option, even someone like Shelvey who could have completed the passes Henderson kept trying.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What might have been... on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 982 viewsOsborneOneNil

What might have been... on 09:55 - Jul 12 by Swansea_Blue

That was largely because Croatia pinned out fullbacks back but we insisted on keeping 2 up top. But yeah, agreed we needed a bit more in there. Alli generally a disappointment all tournament and Lingard wasn't at his best with the ball last night either. Would have been nice to have another option, even someone like Shelvey who could have completed the passes Henderson kept trying.

Good shout on Shelvey. Ali was awful last night, and all month tbf.
What might have been... on 10:33 - Jul 12 with 981 viewsTractorJack

What might have been... on 10:30 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

It's not his best position to be fair to him. He'd be in Sterling's role for Spurs.
What might have been... on 12:03 - Jul 12 with 934 viewsOsborneOneNil

What might have been... on 10:33 - Jul 12 by TractorJack

It's not his best position to be fair to him. He'd be in Sterling's role for Spurs.

Yeah I appreciate he was played out of his normal position, but it came down to controlling the ball and passing to a team mate... he was way off.
What might have been... on 12:10 - Jul 12 with 916 viewsKieran_Knows

What might have been... on 10:30 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

How Alli wasn't hauled off at half time, or at any point in the second was my main criticism of Southgate last night. Gave Young no protection what so ever down that left hand side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What might have been... on 12:20 - Jul 12 with 893 viewsOsborneOneNil

What might have been... on 12:10 - Jul 12 by Kieran_Knows

How Alli wasn't hauled off at half time, or at any point in the second was my main criticism of Southgate last night. Gave Young no protection what so ever down that left hand side.

Indeed! I find it incredible a player can be that poor and management doesn’t feel the need to change it. I can only presume they have zero confidence in RLC?
What might have been... on 12:21 - Jul 12 with 888 viewsKieran_Knows

What might have been... on 12:20 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

Indeed! I find it incredible a player can be that poor and management doesn’t feel the need to change it. I can only presume they have zero confidence in RLC?

My thoughts too. Couldn't believe it when Dier came on for Henderson of all people! Looks that way, but he looked decent in the warm up games, and would surely have given us a bit more presence in the final half hour or so?!

Login to get fewer ads

What might have been... on 12:24 - Jul 12 with 875 viewsOsborneOneNil

What might have been... on 12:21 - Jul 12 by Kieran_Knows

My thoughts too. Couldn't believe it when Dier came on for Henderson of all people! Looks that way, but he looked decent in the warm up games, and would surely have given us a bit more presence in the final half hour or so?!

Definitely. I’d argue he is stronger and technically better than Alli anyway. I’d have started him a few games back tbh. It seemed he was kept on in the hope he’d pop up with a goal, as in the Sweden game.
What might have been... on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 869 viewsKieran_Knows

What might have been... on 12:24 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

Definitely. I’d argue he is stronger and technically better than Alli anyway. I’d have started him a few games back tbh. It seemed he was kept on in the hope he’d pop up with a goal, as in the Sweden game.

I'd say so as well, RLC looks a real powerhouse when he gets going. Couldn't agree more, Alli never looked 100% fit to me (throughout the tournament), so was surprised he stayed on. Agree on your last point, although we struggled on the whole just to get up the pitch in the second half!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024