Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday 10:23 - Jul 12 with 1415 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Will I am sure look completely different to the one we saw last night. And I can agree that it probably should.

The likes of Henderson, Kane, Lingard, Sterling & Trippier have completely emptied the tank this tournament.. and Henderson in particular has had a long hard slog of a season, with his hoped being dashed late in the day on 2 separate occasions

I am sure that Gareth and his team will assess them on their psychological state in the next couple of days and decide on who he thinks is ready for one more battle and who is too emotionally raw after last night. After all there is very little time between the matches and physically there will be some tired legs, but perhaps most importantly there will be fried minds that are still coming to terms with the world cup dream coming to an end
Team for Saturday on 12:40 - Jul 12 with 1315 viewsDennyx4

It will be interesting to see if we take the game seriously (I doubt we will).

Interestingly there wasn't wholesale changes the last time we was in this position 1990. Only 4 changes and 1 of those was enforced (Gazza suspended), and 2 had just missed penalties (Waddle & Pearce).

SF team was Shilton, Parker, Walker, Butcher, Wright, Pearce, Platt, Gascoigne, Waddle, Beardsley & Lineker

3/4 play off was Shilton, Stevens, Parker, Walker, Wright, Dorigo, Platt, McMahon, Steven, Beardsley & Lineker
Team for Saturday on 13:24 - Jul 12 with 1259 viewsTJS

This is going to be one the most bizarre third place matches ever.
It is effectively going to be a replay of the final group match which had a similar feel.
Perhaps England should agree with Belgium that they finished third and both sets of players can go home.
Or even better perhaps we could play Belgium at another sport for 90 minutes.
Team for Saturday on 14:02 - Jul 12 with 1217 viewsNorthstander_Blue

The only game I'm intrested in is Braintree v itfc

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Team for Saturday on 15:17 - Jul 12 with 1175 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Apparently the England side arrived back at their Repino base at 06:30 am local time this morning.

So that'll be a day in bed, followed by some stretching & light work this afternoon/evening. They then have one day before they fly out first thing on Saturday morning.. so you'd expect it will have to be an (almost) completely different XI as those involved last night will still be absolutely goosed.
Team for Saturday on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 1159 viewschristiand

Play the rest of the squad Gareth, give them a run out. Does it really matter if we come 3rd or 4th now? We’ve missed out on the ‘BIG’ one!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Team for Saturday on 16:00 - Jul 12 with 1134 viewsNo9

Is it more important to give the '1st team' another run out of to let those that haven't had any real time on the pitch a run out?

Whatever, the FA should charter plaes etc. to get as many fans to the game as they can to show support hasn't been lost
Team for Saturday on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 1114 viewsbluelou

I think we should go for it, full strength team.

Countries like Sweden and Belgium are very proud of their 3rd place finishes at World Cups. We should be too.

It's disappointing but this isnt the end of something, it's just the beginning. This time we'll be 3rd, then next time maybe beaten finalists...I think it's important to measure our progress and achieve as high as finish as possible. Let's send them home with a win!

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Team for Saturday on 16:35 - Jul 12 with 1085 viewsDarth_Koont

Team for Saturday on 16:15 - Jul 12 by bluelou

I think we should go for it, full strength team.

Countries like Sweden and Belgium are very proud of their 3rd place finishes at World Cups. We should be too.

It's disappointing but this isnt the end of something, it's just the beginning. This time we'll be 3rd, then next time maybe beaten finalists...I think it's important to measure our progress and achieve as high as finish as possible. Let's send them home with a win!

Indeed. The Swedes talk about 'VM-brons" (World Cup Bronze) just like it was an Olympic medal and celebrated accordingly when they got back to Sweden.

Seems a shame if teams can't find any pleasure in that — although I understand it seems like a game too far.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024