Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter 18:35 - Jul 13 with 5946 viewsMullet

Very mixed news for us.

"When he’s not injured, he’s a terrific player. Skilful, passionate and works hard. But very injury prone. And normally lengthy ones too.

He seems to get injured easily, and not normally in the tackle. Definitely good enough for championship, if he stays fit, he can really progress. Sad to see him leave.

He can play both wings. Scores special goals too, doesn’t do tap ins. Very attack minded."

Sounds exactly like the type of player Hurst has targeted throughout his career and makes me think if we get the very similar McKay then Rowe and/or Ward might be moved on sooner rather than later. (I'd keep Ward but no idea how he fits into our wage structure).

Also makes me wonder where McKendry fits in in the bigger picture.

Skip to 1 minute mark and he has 2/10 GOTS contenders for Posh and wins it. Can clear strike a ball well, loves a shot and hasn't really done much but progress looking at his St Johnstone stuff too.

Also ties in with something I've noticed about Hurst's recruitment in that all of the players are very similar/identical in many respects. He doesn't seem to go for or replace players in areas that aren't very similar in approach and style.

Very curious and excited to see someone who clearly feels they're ready come here and prove it.

Forgot to add the most recent season's countdown and his run and finish against Northampton is just as good as anything else.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2018 18:39]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:41 - Jul 13 with 5835 viewsJimmy86

Personally hope we still sign McKay, but that link seems to have gone quiet. We were said to have made a firm enquiry, just hope that didn't put us off
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:42 - Jul 13 with 5825 viewsMullet

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:41 - Jul 13 by Jimmy86

Personally hope we still sign McKay, but that link seems to have gone quiet. We were said to have made a firm enquiry, just hope that didn't put us off

Me too, I really like him but I guess Edwards is the cheaper option and will have potential resale value which keeps Marcus happy.

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:47 - Jul 13 with 5774 viewsaeldun

The injury assessment seems spot on.

According to Soccerbase, he missed a spell from February to April 2017, while playing 41 games in 16-17. Last season, he didn't play between December 17, 2017 and April 2, 2018, making 33 appearances.

But 9 goals and 7 goals, respectively, shows attacking intent.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:47 - Jul 13 with 5771 viewstomo

Helluva goal of season completion that.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:01 - Jul 13 with 5689 viewsgtsb

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=15235
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:33 - Jul 13 with 5527 viewsJimmy86

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:42 - Jul 13 by Mullet

Me too, I really like him but I guess Edwards is the cheaper option and will have potential resale value which keeps Marcus happy.

Thing is Forest signed him for 500k and they want did of him.

Our bid for Edwards was said to be a sizeable fee and posh didn't want to sell. McKay is worth pushing the boat out for.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:36 - Jul 13 with 5499 viewsMullet

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:33 - Jul 13 by Jimmy86

Thing is Forest signed him for 500k and they want did of him.

Our bid for Edwards was said to be a sizeable fee and posh didn't want to sell. McKay is worth pushing the boat out for.

3 years left on higher wages than Edwards compared to 1 year left. £250k is a sizeable amount to Evans' budget so I'm not expecting much movement until Bart/Jonas et al. are sold.

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:41 - Jul 13 with 5472 viewsJimmy86

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:36 - Jul 13 by Mullet

3 years left on higher wages than Edwards compared to 1 year left. £250k is a sizeable amount to Evans' budget so I'm not expecting much movement until Bart/Jonas et al. are sold.

Got a feeling Bart will stay, if the fee things are ironed out with his contract.

Birmingham is a basket case of a club and is a sideways step at best... Certainly worth more than a paltry 3 million!!
Login to get fewer ads

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 20:26 - Jul 13 with 5286 viewsmonty_radio

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 18:47 - Jul 13 by tomo

Helluva goal of season completion that.

Indeed. We'd be hard-pressed to serve up half that number of pearlers from last year's Town catalogue. Makes you realise the nature of the dross we've been forced to witness.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 20:30 - Jul 13 with 5264 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the fitness coach/physio will be key for us this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 20:31 - Jul 13 with 5255 viewsjas0999

Another injury prone player. Wow.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 21:14 - Jul 13 with 5104 viewsMullet

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:41 - Jul 13 by Jimmy86

Got a feeling Bart will stay, if the fee things are ironed out with his contract.

Birmingham is a basket case of a club and is a sideways step at best... Certainly worth more than a paltry 3 million!!

I don't because of 2 factors - career wise BB is at the perfect opportunity to cash in and spend his last 5+ years securing as much as he can for his family, it'd be difficult to turn that down.

Secondly Evans will recoup maximum profit by selling now rather than just shifting BB off the wage bill next summer. It also means he can give Hurst more and use that PR to play off fans' still salty about Mick and previous FFP restrictions being the forefront of our policy.

The West Ham link makes the most sense that respect.

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 21:27 - Jul 13 with 5038 viewsJon_456

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 20:30 - Jul 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the fitness coach/physio will be key for us this season.

I don’t really think physios/fitness coaches have too much to do with players getting Injured.

Believe it’s more the workload a player goes through both in matches and training that they pick injuries up.

Not really sure how a physio is supposed to stop a fully fit players hamstring or knee going.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 4930 viewsTerra_Farma

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 19:01 - Jul 13 by gtsb

https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=15235

Interesting reading:

"A mess of a club".

Ha ha ha.

I have every faith in PH and ME.
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 00:58 - Jul 14 with 4605 viewsJimmy86

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 21:14 - Jul 13 by Mullet

I don't because of 2 factors - career wise BB is at the perfect opportunity to cash in and spend his last 5+ years securing as much as he can for his family, it'd be difficult to turn that down.

Secondly Evans will recoup maximum profit by selling now rather than just shifting BB off the wage bill next summer. It also means he can give Hurst more and use that PR to play off fans' still salty about Mick and previous FFP restrictions being the forefront of our policy.

The West Ham link makes the most sense that respect.

Still, if he went to West Ham it would be as a number 2, as he wouldn't start ahead of Fabianski. He deserves a crack at the prem, but needs to go somewhere as 1st choice, or with a real chance of challenging to be 1st choice
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 09:55 - Jul 14 with 4292 viewsMullet

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 00:58 - Jul 14 by Jimmy86

Still, if he went to West Ham it would be as a number 2, as he wouldn't start ahead of Fabianski. He deserves a crack at the prem, but needs to go somewhere as 1st choice, or with a real chance of challenging to be 1st choice

As much as we love Bart the idea he walks into any Prem side is a stretch. He'll be going somewhere to challenge and force his way in.

We have, as far as the rest of the world is concerned players who can add to a big spending Champ club not players who walk into Prem sides.

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 14:30 - Jul 15 with 4031 viewsCurrie10

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 20:31 - Jul 13 by jas0999

Another injury prone player. Wow.

All well and good to down arrow this but we've been here before with a bucket load the past 3 years or so.

We need players fit 40+ games not 20
Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 14:44 - Jul 15 with 3989 viewsMullet

Just been picking a Posh ST holder on Edwards via twitter on 14:30 - Jul 15 by Currie10

All well and good to down arrow this but we've been here before with a bucket load the past 3 years or so.

We need players fit 40+ games not 20

We've also just sold someone who manages about half a season, which Brizzle fans will be saying similar about no doubt.

There's inherent risk with any signing. Even Bart could break something first session back and leave us bvggered, but it is a bit draining that we try to sign someone who ticks all the boxes Mick's biggest critics laid out and immediately it gets slated.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024