Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I apologise 02:46 - Jul 14 with 2877 viewsquirkie

I posted a thread during the England v Croatia game that England were a shambles. I posted it during the 2nd half.

The post got some major abuse from obviously passionate English fans, I'm not English btw not that it matters, and looks like the post was deleted by Admin. Fair play some said it was a troll post.

It wasn't a troll post, I genuinely believed England were a shambles after the half time break.

I want to apologise for upsetting some Ipswich town fans here.

I've been an Ipswich fan for 40 years now, so now that the England nonsense is over for a couple of years, I'm looking forward to the new season with a new manager, and let's get out of this league at last.

Footie season starts in 3 weeks!!

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Can I apologise on 04:37 - Jul 14 with 2804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I probably turned round and told you to fook off. I did to a few people tbh. All the Scots on here who were gloating.

It’s heat of the moment stuff from everyone in a situation like that.

Very good of you to apologise though - you certainly didn’t need to. A touch of class.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can I apologise on 06:46 - Jul 14 with 2714 viewsm14_blue

It's hard to be rational when your country is losing a World Cup semi final.

COYB
Can I apologise on 07:13 - Jul 14 with 2666 viewsJohnny_Boy

Can I apologise on 04:37 - Jul 14 by The_Romford_Blue

I probably turned round and told you to fook off. I did to a few people tbh. All the Scots on here who were gloating.

It’s heat of the moment stuff from everyone in a situation like that.

Very good of you to apologise though - you certainly didn’t need to. A touch of class.

This has just jogged my memory.

Drunkenly coming home on the tube after the Croatia defeat, I spotted a youngish guy on the carriage. He was wearing an old Umbro ROI shirt. Clearly, I'm assuming it was worn in jest & he was supporting Croatia that night.

Which kind of got me thinking. Had Ireland been in the semis, I'd have been one of the first to be cheering them on. I've got no Irish connections or roots, hell - if any of the home country teams had made it that far I'd have been willing them on.

Anyone else have that train of thought, or am I just a simple hopeless football romantic that clearly hopes the Underdogs will have their day?
Can I apologise on 07:28 - Jul 14 with 2613 viewsmos

Can I apologise on 07:13 - Jul 14 by Johnny_Boy

Drunkenly coming home on the tube after the Croatia defeat, I spotted a youngish guy on the carriage. He was wearing an old Umbro ROI shirt. Clearly, I'm assuming it was worn in jest & he was supporting Croatia that night.

Which kind of got me thinking. Had Ireland been in the semis, I'd have been one of the first to be cheering them on. I've got no Irish connections or roots, hell - if any of the home country teams had made it that far I'd have been willing them on.

Anyone else have that train of thought, or am I just a simple hopeless football romantic that clearly hopes the Underdogs will have their day?

I’d support Ireland had they got to any major semi-final. But maybe that’s due to slight Irish family connections.

The Scots on the other hand, not a chance. They need to sort themselves out as a nation first, no, of course they can’t go on with out us, the fools.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 7:35]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Can I apologise on 07:58 - Jul 14 with 2531 viewsJohnny_Boy

Can I apologise on 07:28 - Jul 14 by mos

I’d support Ireland had they got to any major semi-final. But maybe that’s due to slight Irish family connections.

The Scots on the other hand, not a chance. They need to sort themselves out as a nation first, no, of course they can’t go on with out us, the fools.

Scotland, as a country, has benefitted ITFC just as much as Holland has.
So again, taking politics out of the equation - I don't wish them any ill feeling on the football pitch.

Course, all of these platitudes would go out of the window if England were playing them (but I guess that was an obvious caveat)

However, Fu*k the Argies.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 8:04]
Can I apologise on 08:19 - Jul 14 with 2464 viewsFtnfwest

Nah, I always take my lead from the players of the other home countries
Can I apologise on 08:51 - Jul 14 with 2396 viewsclive_baker

You say England nonsense but we just got to the Semi’s of a World Cup final, and it was an absolutely unbelievable ride.

I don’t know which nation you support, not is it relevant, but I find the jealousy of the other home nations hilarious, particularly as none of them even qualified. If anything all of that makes England’s success even more satisfying.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can I apologise on 09:10 - Jul 14 with 2345 viewsBiGDonnie

It’s fine. We know you hate us cos you ain’t us.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Can I apologise on 09:54 - Jul 14 with 2266 viewscvillageblue

At the Euros we (Wales) were not looking for support from England fans. We just want respect. Ive been in the away end at Cardiff / Swansea and hate the anti-welsh songs 'Youre just a third world country etc' So is it any surprise that we wont support England?

Similarly I dislike the 'always sheet on the English side of the bridge response!!

Maybe Im just a biring so and so!!

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Can I apologise on 09:57 - Jul 14 with 2253 viewsWeWereZombies

Can I apologise on 07:28 - Jul 14 by mos

I already have moved to Scotland thanks. The general consensus amongst people I talked to was enthusiasm, even when I said that if we lost they would have a nice opportunity to gloat.

If there is a Brexit dividend it might be that Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish people are realising how economically challenged parts of England, including some London boroughs, are and that the rottenness in our polity of the United Kingdom whilst often due to centralisation is ultimately caused by human folly.

I support whichever home nation is playing, and if it is two playing each other, then the one with the most Ipswich connections.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Can I apologise on 11:07 - Jul 14 with 2142 viewsHennikerBlu

Can I apologise on 09:54 - Jul 14 by cvillageblue

At the Euros we (Wales) were not looking for support from England fans. We just want respect. Ive been in the away end at Cardiff / Swansea and hate the anti-welsh songs 'Youre just a third world country etc' So is it any surprise that we wont support England?

Similarly I dislike the 'always sheet on the English side of the bridge response!!

I will always support the national teams from the British Isles, except when they play England. Admittedly, it has got harder since players and other notables have stirred the pot a little and there is no doubt teams raise their game against England.

I have met some great people from all over these fair isles and appreciate their passion, I think begrudgingly some also respect the 'real' English passion, apart from some of our vocal idiots which, all nations sadly have a tvvat element. Having been to Cardiff and sat with the Welsh in the Millennium I have found them to be great hosts and have shared a few beers from those in Scotland from both sides of the Glasgow divide. Special mention to the Irish who seriously know how to drink and have a laugh.

I guess I see it if we were good enough to share a trench together then we are good enough to have a beer and play and compete together.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 11:09]
Can I apologise on 11:10 - Jul 14 with 2127 viewsHerbivore

In fairness Wales pretty much is a third world country.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can I apologise on 11:11 - Jul 14 with 2130 viewsJohnny_Boy

And you don't think Welsh or Scots sing Anti-English songs on the terrace? Lollers. Get a grip.

Rise above the thicko minority. England have enough of those idiots as it is which I'm quite frankly glad to distance myself from.

I used to work with a young lad when I lived in London. He was your typical away-day Chelsea stone island brigade. So, he posts all the usual Sitters-style exuberant drinky bantz on social media, but he also supports Rangers...which is odd because he's never been to Scotland & he's not scottish. Turns out, he's just keen on singing No Surrender with the rest of the Chelsea Tw*t$, so he supports Glasgow Rangers, just to annoy Celtic - which is just baffling to comprehend.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 12:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024