Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart and new contract 11:28 - Jul 15 with 7614 viewsRobTheSnob

I don't want Bart to leave, but if paying him 20K a week upsets the rest of the squads equilibrium then we should let him go.
Bart and new contract on 11:33 - Jul 15 with 5268 viewstractorboy1978

Your best players get paid the most money. That is how it works.
Bart and new contract on 11:35 - Jul 15 with 5251 viewsJ2BLUE

Such a poor argument. If we signed someone on 50k a week it might cause unrest. £20k a week for the player of the year three years running isn't going to. If anyone is upset about it we should sell them instead of Bart.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bart and new contract on 11:35 - Jul 15 with 5255 viewshomer_123

Bart and new contract on 11:33 - Jul 15 by tractorboy1978

Your best players get paid the most money. That is how it works.

Not to the detriment of the wider squad. This is one of the reasons why Mick was able to keep the squad togetherness.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bart and new contract on 11:36 - Jul 15 with 5253 viewswkj

Don't discount this being a way to super inflate his transfer valuation, much like we did with Cresswell

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bart and new contract on 11:36 - Jul 15 with 5247 viewshomer_123

Bart and new contract on 11:35 - Jul 15 by J2BLUE

Such a poor argument. If we signed someone on 50k a week it might cause unrest. £20k a week for the player of the year three years running isn't going to. If anyone is upset about it we should sell them instead of Bart.

But if the rest of the squad are on £5k you do have an issue J2.

Bart and new contract on 11:40 - Jul 15 with 5232 viewssundaze

Bart and new contract on 11:36 - Jul 15 by homer_123

Then it's time for the ret of the squad to prove they are worth keeping and getting an improved contract for themselves. After yesterdays performance, I can't see many arguing their case.
Bart and new contract on 11:41 - Jul 15 with 5224 viewshomer_123

Bart and new contract on 11:40 - Jul 15 by sundaze

Then it's time for the ret of the squad to prove they are worth keeping and getting an improved contract for themselves. After yesterdays performance, I can't see many arguing their case.

Don't disagree but, you've created an issue where there wasn't one before and now you've got to manage that. It's a headache you don't need.

Bart and new contract on 11:43 - Jul 15 with 5216 viewsReuser_is_God

I don’t think the players will get upset about our player of the year for the last 3 seasons being our highest earner.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 11:46]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart and new contract on 11:45 - Jul 15 with 5188 viewshomer_123

Bart and new contract on 11:43 - Jul 15 by Reuser_is_God

I don’t think the players will get upset about our player of the year for the last 3 seasons being our highest earner.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 11:46]

War?!

Bart and new contract on 11:46 - Jul 15 with 5173 viewsReuser_is_God

Bart and new contract on 11:45 - Jul 15 by homer_123

War?!

Edited

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bart and new contract on 11:46 - Jul 15 with 5172 viewstheblueginger

The rest of the squad have voted him the best player the last 3 years...they can hardly moan at him being on the highest wages.

Aside from maybe Waghorn nobody in the current team could make a case to be on similar wages to Bart
Bart and new contract on 11:47 - Jul 15 with 5161 viewsJ2BLUE

Bart and new contract on 11:36 - Jul 15 by homer_123

Which key senior players are on 5k? I doubt there are many. Maybe the likes of Knudsen is on that sort of money but anyone with a genuine claim to a big wage like Waghorn, Chambers, Huws etc are probably already getting it.

Either way, we can point to Bart's consistent performances. I just can't see it being an issue. If it was seen as unfair it would be but clearly it has been earned.

Truly impaired.

Bart and new contract on 11:47 - Jul 15 with 5171 viewstractorboy1978

Bart and new contract on 11:41 - Jul 15 by homer_123

Don't disagree but, you've created an issue where there wasn't one before and now you've got to manage that. It's a headache you don't need.

I agree but i can't see anyone, Waghorn excepted, can be knocking on Hurst's door seriously to complain they aren't on the same or more money than Bart. There was never any issues with McGoldrick who by the end really didn't justify the wage he was getting.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 11:48]
Bart and new contract on 11:48 - Jul 15 with 5159 viewstrncbluearmy

Bart is the main reason the others are still getting championship wages,they will be very grateful he stays and gets paid what he is worth to them
Bart and new contract on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 5141 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's better than the 'not having Bart' headache.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bart and new contract on 11:51 - Jul 15 with 5141 viewshomer_123

Bart and new contract on 11:47 - Jul 15 by tractorboy1978

I agree but i can't see anyone, Waghorn excepted, can be knocking on Hurst's door seriously to complain they aren't on the same or more money than Bart. There was never any issues with McGoldrick who by the end really didn't justify the wage he was getting.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 11:48]

That's not the point as you'll be dealing with perceptions. You've created an imbalance where there wasn't one. Hurst and Evans will now be fielding calls from Agents seeking improved contracts regardless of whether a player deserves them.

It's a potential self inflicted schism.

That said, if there's a move to increasing the overall wage budget or a move to increase Barts transfer value then less of an issue.

Bart and new contract on 11:55 - Jul 15 with 5106 viewsJ2BLUE

We've replaced one very high earner who was always injured with a very high earner who has been the fans' and team's player of the year for the last three years. They'll probably think Bart deserves it more? Surely McGoldrick was more likely to cause unrest?

Truly impaired.

Bart and new contract on 11:56 - Jul 15 with 5109 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bart and new contract on 11:51 - Jul 15 by homer_123

That's not the point as you'll be dealing with perceptions. You've created an imbalance where there wasn't one. Hurst and Evans will now be fielding calls from Agents seeking improved contracts regardless of whether a player deserves them.

That said, if there's a move to increasing the overall wage budget or a move to increase Barts transfer value then less of an issue.

It's not self inflicted if you don't want to lose Bart. We have no choice but to increase his wages.

In every other business, if someone's much better than you then you don't begrudge them earning more. Particularly if you voted him as the best!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bart and new contract on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 5036 viewssundaze

Bart and new contract on 11:56 - Jul 15 by BrixtonBlue

It's not self inflicted if you don't want to lose Bart. We have no choice but to increase his wages.

In every other business, if someone's much better than you then you don't begrudge them earning more. Particularly if you voted him as the best!

I was reading yesterday that PSG are going to offer Neymar an improved contract offer to keep him at the club. £850,000 per week.
Now that really could cause problems.
Bart and new contract on 12:19 - Jul 15 with 5028 viewsTrequartista

The squad seemed fine with McGoldrick earning similar

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bart and new contract on 12:24 - Jul 15 with 5004 viewsDarth_Koont

Bart and new contract on 12:19 - Jul 15 by Trequartista

The squad seemed fine with McGoldrick earning similar

Agreed. Also both McGoldrick and Bart show the rest of the squad that they can develop their career and earning power at Town — even if they don't get sold.

Not a bad carrot to come here and put your head down.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bart and new contract on 12:30 - Jul 15 with 4949 viewstractorboy1978

Bart and new contract on 11:51 - Jul 15 by homer_123

McGoldrick was earning more than the others and spent a lot of his time on the treatment table - this isn't a new imbalance or a more significant imbalance. Bart has justified the new deal over the last 3/4 years. There may be agents chancing their arm but I don't this causing any unrest.
Bart and new contract on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 4949 viewsRobTheSnob

Perhaps just perhaps that's why it was a poor performance yesterday. I remember all the team spirit we had before Finidi signed just seemed to evaporate overnight
Bart and new contract on 12:32 - Jul 15 with 4942 viewsDeano69

Or perhaps it might encourage other players to play well and make a difference thereby increasing their value.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bart and new contract on 12:38 - Jul 15 with 4924 viewsPhilTWTD

McGoldrick was on something not far off, I believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024