Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? 12:22 - Jul 16 with 6121 viewsSuperfrans

Haven't seen much posted about it.

Got back last night - another great weekend. The music line-up was patchy (although Solange, Killers, LiamG, Rag & Bone, Bodega, Alvvays, Wandering Hearts etc were all excellent) but there was loads of other stuff, including Matt Haig talk, Mark Kermode talking to the director of Amy/Senna and a new Maradona doc, plus loads more. The veryu best stuff is often what you're not expecting. Really excellent weekend again.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 18:41 - Jul 16 with 1156 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 18:10 - Jul 16 by hoppy

KJ and I took Yasmin for her first festival experience (and our first time at Latitude as well). We had a great weekend - the family feel was just right for us, we got to see some good comedy, some good music and the kids area etc kept Yasmin happy too, so all in all, for whatever criticism it gets, it is all done really well.
Highlight for me of the ones I saw, music-wise, was James, who put on their usual very strong set.

Think this sums it up perfectly.

Poll: Best Football Song

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 19:56 - Jul 16 with 1099 viewsSuperfrans

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 18:37 - Jul 16 by Blue_Order

Bodega are great, but Jack In Titanic does my head in. I have to skip it when listening to the album, else it gets stuck in my head and irritates me all day.

I really like it. That said, it doesn’t really fit in within the rest of their live set. They were great on Friday, really good.

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 19:59 - Jul 16 with 1097 viewsSuperfrans

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 18:10 - Jul 16 by hoppy

KJ and I took Yasmin for her first festival experience (and our first time at Latitude as well). We had a great weekend - the family feel was just right for us, we got to see some good comedy, some good music and the kids area etc kept Yasmin happy too, so all in all, for whatever criticism it gets, it is all done really well.
Highlight for me of the ones I saw, music-wise, was James, who put on their usual very strong set.

It is great, a really good blend of stuff for families, without being too commercial. Camp Bestival is also good for kids, but feels much more sanitised and middle class.

This year was our 11th year in a row with our kids, who are now in their late teens. It’s a really great annual habit to get into.

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 21:15 - Jul 16 with 1062 viewshoppy

on 18:16 - Jul 16 by _

I love the irony of this post Libby... as it makes you sound like the kind of snob you're saying the place is full of...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

on 19:22 - Jul 17 with 978 views_

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 21:15 - Jul 16 by hoppy

I love the irony of this post Libby... as it makes you sound like the kind of snob you're saying the place is full of...

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 19:26 - Jul 17 with 970 viewsDubtractor

on 19:22 - Jul 17 by _

That and the reverse snobbery towards latitude.

In one post you've been snobbish towards both festivals.

Top effort!

Edit
Just to add, having been to reading in 96, 98, 99 and 00, it is a festering filth hole. No festival toilets since have compared with those horrors.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 19:30]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

on 19:59 - Jul 17 with 944 views_

Anyone else get to Latitude over the weekend? on 19:26 - Jul 17 by Dubtractor

That and the reverse snobbery towards latitude.

In one post you've been snobbish towards both festivals.

Top effort!

Edit
Just to add, having been to reading in 96, 98, 99 and 00, it is a festering filth hole. No festival toilets since have compared with those horrors.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 19:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024