Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... 14:07 - Jul 16 with 4781 viewsBLUEBEAT

McCarthy still continues to annoy me despite him no longer being here.

The story concerning McGoldrick’s trial at Sheffield United....

“McCarthy is said to have told him he believed the three-hour travelling time from the striker's home in Nottingham may have served to aggravate his injury problems.”

If this is so, why the hell wasnt it stopped?

Totally unprofessional attitude by both employee and employer.

Poll: W or W

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:08 - Jul 16 with 3003 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let it go...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:10 - Jul 16 with 3004 viewsPhilTWTD

What could he have done, make him move house? Obviously Roy K moved on players who wouldn't move house, Lisbie for example, but think DMcG was too big a player just to be sent off on loan in the manner that he was.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 2970 viewsKieran_Knows

I really wouldn't let it bother you that much.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 2968 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:10 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

What could he have done, make him move house? Obviously Roy K moved on players who wouldn't move house, Lisbie for example, but think DMcG was too big a player just to be sent off on loan in the manner that he was.

Agreed.

Cant just say stop seeing the wife and kids, and likewise, its upheaval to move the family.

I think BlueBeat is missing some of the 'softer' management considerations.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:13 - Jul 16 with 2947 viewsPJH

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:10 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

I think MM should have got our home games played nearer Nottingham.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 2911 viewsPhilTWTD

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:12 - Jul 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Cant just say stop seeing the wife and kids, and likewise, its upheaval to move the family.

The situation was that his family moved here with him but didn't really settle and moved back to Nottingham after a while, I think after all the Leicester interest.

It is a difficult situation, particularly when the manager is in the same boat himself, being based away from the club and not really in a position to dictate 45-minute living zones or similar as Roy and George Burley did.

I think referring to it as a commute is a little misleading as it does give the impression that Didzy was on the road in that manner every day, which wasn't the case as he had a flat locally. But there's no doubt sitting in a car stiffening up for long periods a few times week won't have helped his injuries and may have partly been why he was keen to move on and find a club closer to home.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:20 - Jul 16 with 2889 viewsPhilTWTD

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:13 - Jul 16 by PJH

Aha, another reason to back my groundshare of Pride Park plan!
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:21 - Jul 16 with 2880 viewshype313

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:19 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

The situation was that his family moved here with him but didn't really settle and moved back to Nottingham after a while, I think after all the Leicester interest.

It is a difficult situation, particularly when the manager is in the same boat himself, being based away from the club and not really in a position to dictate 45-minute living zones or similar as Roy and George Burley did.

I think referring to it as a commute is a little misleading as it does give the impression that Didzy was on the road in that manner every day, which wasn't the case as he had a flat locally. But there's no doubt sitting in a car stiffening up for long periods a few times week won't have helped his injuries and may have partly been why he was keen to move on and find a club closer to home.

Memory doesn't serve me well these days, however I do recall Micheal Owen blaming a lot of his hamstring injuries on driving with constant gear changes whilst sitting in traffic.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:21 - Jul 16 with 2877 viewsBLUEBEAT

We’re talking about highly paid professionals here.

A small flat in Ipswich wouldn’t have been too much to ask, would it?

I don’t see my family for weeks at a time due to work commitments. When in the forces I didn’t see them for longer periods despite only being a few hours away. Newcy doesn’t see his family for months (though a little more than 3 hours away usually!).

For once (and only once) I seem to agree with Roy Keane.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:22 - Jul 16 with 2866 viewsNo9

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:13 - Jul 16 by PJH

MM should have moved to Nottingham so he could have driven Didz to PR if that was such a problem
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:23 - Jul 16 with 2859 viewsBLUEBEAT

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:12 - Jul 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

I don’t think so, to be honest.

Perhaps I live in a less-pampered world than others.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:24 - Jul 16 with 2854 viewshype313

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:21 - Jul 16 by BLUEBEAT

We’re talking about highly paid professionals here.

A small flat in Ipswich wouldn’t have been too much to ask, would it?

I don’t see my family for weeks at a time due to work commitments. When in the forces I didn’t see them for longer periods despite only being a few hours away. Newcy doesn’t see his family for months (though a little more than 3 hours away usually!).

For once (and only once) I seem to agree with Roy Keane.

But he did have a flat in Ipswich

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 with 2841 viewsDanFord

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:19 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

That's the thing that annoyed me most about Mick though. He did what was best for him and that was commuting to Bromley. Now I have no issue with that in isolation until it then impacts on him not being able to get the best out of his players. On this occasion losing a large amount of money in wages to a player that wasn't fit, who is making his injury worse by travelling home, which he can do because Mick doesn't feel he can make an issue of it. He could have transfer listed McGoldrick at any point and used the £15k a week to improve the squad with players that would make a difference. But he didn't want to go beyond comfy. Mick was comfy. The players were comfy. As I have said before Mick is not going to get better money or manage at a higher level than he did here with any other English club. He also knew he was unsackable as long as we didn't go down. That drive he had when he arrived disappeared after a few years and the whole club has had it's slippers on in front of the fire for 3 seasons.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 with 2836 viewsBluebell

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:21 - Jul 16 by hype313

Memory doesn't serve me well these days, however I do recall Micheal Owen blaming a lot of his hamstring injuries on driving with constant gear changes whilst sitting in traffic.

Perhaps an automatic car would have helped if that was the case!
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:26 - Jul 16 with 2842 viewsBLUEBEAT

In a later post Phil does state McG had a flat locally, so wasn’t doing a 6 hour commute daily.

Which is even weirder with regards to his irresponsible handling of his ongoing injury issues.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:27 - Jul 16 with 2825 viewshype313

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 by Bluebell

To be honest with you, I probably dreamt it.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:37 - Jul 16 with 2751 viewsitfcjoe

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 by DanFord

That's the thing that annoyed me most about Mick though. He did what was best for him and that was commuting to Bromley. Now I have no issue with that in isolation until it then impacts on him not being able to get the best out of his players. On this occasion losing a large amount of money in wages to a player that wasn't fit, who is making his injury worse by travelling home, which he can do because Mick doesn't feel he can make an issue of it. He could have transfer listed McGoldrick at any point and used the £15k a week to improve the squad with players that would make a difference. But he didn't want to go beyond comfy. Mick was comfy. The players were comfy. As I have said before Mick is not going to get better money or manage at a higher level than he did here with any other English club. He also knew he was unsackable as long as we didn't go down. That drive he had when he arrived disappeared after a few years and the whole club has had it's slippers on in front of the fire for 3 seasons.

Hurst is doing the same with regards to not living locally

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 2739 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:26 - Jul 16 by BLUEBEAT

In a later post Phil does state McG had a flat locally, so wasn’t doing a 6 hour commute daily.

Which is even weirder with regards to his irresponsible handling of his ongoing injury issues.

Let it go son.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:43 - Jul 16 with 2704 viewsBLUEBEAT

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:38 - Jul 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Let it go son.

Your favourite quote, dad.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:04 - Jul 16 with 2641 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:37 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Hurst does intend to move himself and his family down here locally though over the next year or so, I believe?
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:15 - Jul 16 with 2579 viewsitfcjoe

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:04 - Jul 16 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Hurst does intend to move himself and his family down here locally though over the next year or so, I believe?

He hasn't said so

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:16 - Jul 16 with 2565 viewsITFC_Forever

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:21 - Jul 16 by hype313

And he wouldn't have lived that far away from Liverpool (where he played the bulk of his career).

Owen was never the same after his leg went "ping" when he was through on goal away to Leeds.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:17 - Jul 16 with 2557 viewsDanFord

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:37 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Hurst has just joined the club and seems to be here permanently. He just hasn't moved his young family down here, but I am sure this will be something he'll be looking to do long term. McCarthy is an old man with grandkids who was never going to move here. World of difference.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:21 - Jul 16 with 2528 viewsitfcjoe

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:17 - Jul 16 by DanFord

Hurst has just joined the club and seems to be here permanently. He just hasn't moved his young family down here, but I am sure this will be something he'll be looking to do long term. McCarthy is an old man with grandkids who was never going to move here. World of difference.

There are enough sticks to beat Mick with, without making them up - him and Hurst are doing exactly the same thing with regards to keeping a family home and living away for work as manager of Town.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:24 - Jul 16 with 2514 viewssolemio

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 by Bluebell

To be fair, poor Michael Owen couldn't possibly have afforded an automatic car.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024