Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why aren’t Labour saying this? 21:34 - Jul 16 with 10886 viewsitfcjoe

The opposition to the Government is another Tory MP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:43 - Jul 17 with 2181 viewsgiant_stow

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 09:53 - Jul 17 by imsureazzure

'Much of the Labour Heartland voted to leave so in many ways, Corbyn was more aligned to the grassroots than much of his parliamentary party members'

Correct, the old labour working class heartlands voted to leave, Wales especially, the modern metropolitan labour voters were the fiercest remainers though, it gets very complicated and hypocritical for the Corbynistas, as usual.

are big cities not labour's heartland now then? Not my understanding....

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:58 - Jul 17 with 2164 viewschicoazul

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:43 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

are big cities not labour's heartland now then? Not my understanding....

What I guess he and others mean by this is the same as what I mean when I say something similar; the North East, Wales just as two examples are trad Labour and voted Leave in their droves. Just as London and the other metropolitan areas of Labour strength voted Remain. A huge schism in their vote. I blame Blair as I do for most things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:59 - Jul 17 with 2144 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:58 - Jul 17 by chicoazul

What I guess he and others mean by this is the same as what I mean when I say something similar; the North East, Wales just as two examples are trad Labour and voted Leave in their droves. Just as London and the other metropolitan areas of Labour strength voted Remain. A huge schism in their vote. I blame Blair as I do for most things.

"I blame Blair as I do for most things"

An interesting point of view, please explain
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:00 - Jul 17 with 2153 viewsimsureazzure

Correct in all except Blair, I despise some of the things he done but his government had some top class people in position.
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 2139 viewsgiant_stow

That certainly sounds like a fairer description. Overall though, there's no doubt that labour voters support remain by a large margin.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 2130 viewsChe

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 23:06 - Jul 16 by bournemouthblue

Much of the Labour Heartland voted to leave so in many ways, Corbyn was more aligned to the grassroots than much of his parliamentary party members

I'm amazed people are blaming Labour for this mess. It was the Tories who gave us this referendum to try and purge UKIP and only fueled the fire

Much of the Brexit crew who sold the voters their impossible dream then ran off and washed their hands with it

It is a total utter mess, who'd have thought this would happen aye?

Well said
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:50 - Jul 17 with 2101 viewsStokieBlue

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:20 - Jul 17 by Che

Well said

It's not true though.

How can he be aligned with grassroots voters when 65% of them voted remain?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:55 - Jul 17 with 2090 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:20 - Jul 17 by Che

Well said

And how many tories e.g. Mrs May, have turned their backs on what the people who put them in parliament ?
Bournemouths point is a good one.
Login to get fewer ads

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 2088 viewsgiant_stow

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 11:50 - Jul 17 by StokieBlue

It's not true though.

How can he be aligned with grassroots voters when 65% of them voted remain?

SB

Corbyn's doing the opposite of backing the grassroots, probably because he's just another tosser politician. In fact he's not just ignoring labours grassroots, he's betraying them.

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:04 - Jul 17 with 2085 viewsconnorscontract

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 23:39 - Jul 16 by stig4532

Because unlike Anna Soubry, Labour want the best for our country and to let us get on with Brexit instead of openly trying to thwart it

Are you a Leaver? Did you vote to end The Good Friday Agreement? Do you care if The Good Friday Agreement has to be torn up in order for Brexit to proceed?
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 2086 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

We should have triggered article 50 and completely left the EU within three months of the vote.

The EU would have been forced to find short term solutions to maintain the status quo, and would have been an excellent base for long term negotiations.

Unfortunately Cameron didn’t have to balls to do that and it should have been his job.
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:07 - Jul 17 with 2067 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:05 - Jul 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

We should have triggered article 50 and completely left the EU within three months of the vote.

The EU would have been forced to find short term solutions to maintain the status quo, and would have been an excellent base for long term negotiations.

Unfortunately Cameron didn’t have to balls to do that and it should have been his job.

Why would the EU be forced to find a status quo when we rely on the EU so much?

The reasons this is going on so long is simply because of the realisation of that depenency is now hitting home.
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:09 - Jul 17 with 2073 viewsgiant_stow

Chaos.

Again the opposite is true - article 50 should never have been triggered. The UK middle was bounced into doing this by a strange alliance of hard tories and the EU.

Edit: sorry to be clear: article 50 shouldn't have been triggered to date. In an ideal scenario, it would only be triggered when we were clear on what we wanted.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:12]

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:09 - Jul 17 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 10:38 - Jul 17 by No9

You are overstating the power the leader of any opposiiton party has.

It is now almost impossible for any opposioitn party to brign down the sitting administration. Cameron knew this was coming which is why he changed the rules.

You cannot, either, overlook 'The will of the people' I am interested how any opposiotn party can undo that without another vote -?

My point is being proven today:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/17/may-faces-brexit-defeat-as-labo

Hopefully you understand the point I was trying to make now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:09 - Jul 17 with 2071 viewsBlueBadger

Why is the EU's job to sort out our mess, given that we apparently want shot of their meddling?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:17 - Jul 17 with 2059 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:07 - Jul 17 by No9

The reasons this is going on so long is simply because of the realisation of that depenency is now hitting home.

What, you think they would have just severed all trade overnight and, more importantly, all inter bank transactions?

We probably would have seen a creep in tariffs, but that’s about it
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:18 - Jul 17 with 2055 viewsSteve_M

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:17 - Jul 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

What, you think they would have just severed all trade overnight and, more importantly, all inter bank transactions?

And what do you think would have happened at Dover and other ports?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:34 - Jul 17 with 2035 viewsPlums

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 08:54 - Jul 17 by DanTheMan

I'm in Beeston / Chilwell as it happens.

And I'm pretty sure, unless I'm going mental, that David McGoldrick either lives near me or has family near me as I'm 99% sure I've seen him walking past my house with some kids twice.

Not been to the Crown but will do. Actually not been to many pubs in the area barring The White Lion.

He does. Not sure entirely where but I believe it’s Bramcote. I have seen him in the Cods Scallops in Wollaton which is where I live. He grew up in Wollaton and went to Fernwood School.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:36 - Jul 17 with 2025 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:17 - Jul 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

Not at all, since 2010 much of what we need has been handed over to EU companies, they would have just continued as before because there is nothing in the UK to stop them.
How would the UK manage without electric, gas and other fules - just one instance
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:39 - Jul 17 with 2028 viewsPlums

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:18 - Jul 17 by Steve_M

And what do you think would have happened at Dover and other ports?

Not to mention aircraft...

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:44 - Jul 17 with 2012 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:39 - Jul 17 by Plums

Not to mention aircraft...

Although Heathrow & BA are essentially Spanish owned
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:49 - Jul 17 with 2016 viewsPlums

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:44 - Jul 17 by No9

Although Heathrow & BA are essentially Spanish owned

I was think more along these lines...
https://airtrafficmanagement.keypublishing.com/2017/10/brexit-no-deal-would-spel

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:51 - Jul 17 with 2011 viewsTrequartista

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:07 - Jul 17 by No9

Maybe being too dependent is why we wanted to leave. We don't want to be in a United States of Europe.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 14:00 - Jul 17 with 1967 viewsNo9

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:51 - Jul 17 by Trequartista

Maybe being too dependent is why we wanted to leave. We don't want to be in a United States of Europe.

Dependcy is getting worse not better look at the key stuff given away since 2010.

Maybe you want to be another state of the USA?
Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1949 viewsDarth_Koont

Why aren’t Labour saying this? on 12:51 - Jul 17 by Trequartista

No, but neither do the rest of Europe.

This United States of Europe/EUSSR trope is silly fear-mongering. As we're seeing and as a lot of Europe have long understood, the way to actually maintain national sovereignty is to seek the economies of scale benefits of aligning ourselves within a large political and economic bloc. Rather than being an ignored voice on the fringe of things that ends up getting pushed around even more.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024