Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? 06:45 - Jul 17 with 12885 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘We’ve been surprised by one or two things, shall we say, that are nowhere near good enough for us and we want to get people in that we feel are and can do the jobs and the roles that we would expect.”

Explaining what he means further, he added: “I’ve been told that some people are good players, that some people are very promising and I’d have to disagree on some of them.

“I’m not going to name names.’

......................................................................................................

Hard to think of players who would’ve been talked up to Hurst beforehand who haven’t put the right effort in so far.

I reckon the most likely candidates, at a guess, are Ward, Spence and one of the youngsters like Kenlock - or possibly Bish. Perhaps even Joey Garner. Unless/until they’re bombed out, we will never know.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 6:48]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 06:54 - Jul 17 with 6328 viewsReuser_is_God

I don’t know what players he’s on about but I do know he’s absolutely fuming.

I hope we win tonight & play well otherwise he’ll blow a gasket.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:02 - Jul 17 with 6257 viewshomer_123

As I have been saying for a while. This is partly why we are seeing the likes of Waghorn and Garner as possibly leaving the Club.

Hurst wants to make much wider changes than many thought....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:16 - Jul 17 with 6155 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:02 - Jul 17 by homer_123

As I have been saying for a while. This is partly why we are seeing the likes of Waghorn and Garner as possibly leaving the Club.

Hurst wants to make much wider changes than many thought....

Waghorn won't be one of those he wants to get shot of.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:16 - Jul 17 with 6163 viewstractorshark

It doesn’t sound as though he’s just referring to youngsters here.
Maybe Skuse, Sears.
Sounds like Hurst is going to be blunt and fairly ruthless.
I don’t have a problem with that. We were never going go challenge for promotion with the squad and style McCarthy had.
Nor do I think we would have been relegated under him.
Things had to change. Hurst is a calculated gamble, maybe he will be successful, maybe it will be a disaster.
But things had to change.
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:17 - Jul 17 with 6151 viewsBenters2

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 06:54 - Jul 17 by Reuser_is_God

I don’t know what players he’s on about but I do know he’s absolutely fuming.

I hope we win tonight & play well otherwise he’ll blow a gasket.

Bloody good job we needed someone like this to come in and end all the bloody drudging about...

It seems far too many were just happy collecting their pay and not doing a lot about it,the words 'being to comfortable' springs to mind.

I was never one for all this 'over achieving'bolox either.

We have a bit of hope now.

COYB.
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:17 - Jul 17 with 6152 viewshomer_123

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:16 - Jul 17 by BrixtonBlue

Waghorn won't be one of those he wants to get shot of.

No, but Hurst needs money and Waghorn is one of our more saleable assets.

He's not one of the lesser players Hurst is referring to.

Hurst needs funds to make the bigger changes than he realised.

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:20 - Jul 17 with 6116 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:17 - Jul 17 by homer_123

No, but Hurst needs money and Waghorn is one of our more saleable assets.

He's not one of the lesser players Hurst is referring to.

Hurst needs funds to make the bigger changes than he realised.

Fair point.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:22 - Jul 17 with 6094 viewsDeano69

Doesn’t sound like he was prepared to keep Webster. Felt like his comment on Dozzel was damning with feint praise. Some are still injured, so not easy to make a judgement with them.

Does seem impressed with defence, Chambers?

All I know is it’s great to have a fresh look at what we have.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:23 - Jul 17 with 6081 viewshowdonblue

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:17 - Jul 17 by Benters2

Bloody good job we needed someone like this to come in and end all the bloody drudging about...

It seems far too many were just happy collecting their pay and not doing a lot about it,the words 'being to comfortable' springs to mind.

I was never one for all this 'over achieving'bolox either.

We have a bit of hope now.

COYB.

I agree Mick’s old pals will be getting shipped out !

Hurst is a breath of fresh air
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:24 - Jul 17 with 6071 viewsKieran_Knows

Well in I say. Although, with just under 4 weeks to go, and a side he isn’t really happy with, Evans really does need to pull his finger out and bring in his targets.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:25 - Jul 17 with 6038 viewshomer_123

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:24 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

Well in I say. Although, with just under 4 weeks to go, and a side he isn’t really happy with, Evans really does need to pull his finger out and bring in his targets.

Won't be a problem, we are renowned for our quality and ability when it comes to closing deals.

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:29 - Jul 17 with 6004 viewsimsureazzure

This is exactly what happens when players are constantly told that they are 'punching above their weight'.
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:32 - Jul 17 with 5975 viewsTIB

The Shrewsbury and Grimsby lads who posted on here when he was appointed did say the same thing...he doesn’t mince his words, brings changes and will do that in a pretty cut throat manner. It’s a wake up call for a few players who have probably had it pretty comfy under Mick and a time for the “promising” to prove themselves. Exciting times all round.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 8:37]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:34 - Jul 17 with 5941 viewsWallingford_Boy

Tristan Nydam.

RIP Sir Bobby

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:35 - Jul 17 with 5907 viewsBloomBlue

Some of the youths?
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:36 - Jul 17 with 5904 viewsITFC_Forever

Why should we guess as to who he is referring to?

It’s how bad reputations are forged with no substance whatsoever. We’ll soon find out when more out-goings are confirmed.

Clearly Hurst is not happy and isn’t taking any prisoners, and is ready to give the squad the shake-up a determined new manager brings.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:36 - Jul 17 with 5899 viewsDeano69

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:34 - Jul 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Tristan Nydam.

Also wondered about Ward?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:40 - Jul 17 with 5865 viewsITFC_Forever

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:34 - Jul 17 by Wallingford_Boy

Tristan Nydam.

One of the few players Hurst said has done well?

This is exactly what I meant by casting thoughtless aspersions with no foundations whatsoever.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:41 - Jul 17 with 5860 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Maybe it’s his version of fergies 3 names in an envelope.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:45 - Jul 17 with 5806 viewsWD19

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:23 - Jul 17 by howdonblue

I agree Mick’s old pals will be getting shipped out !

Hurst is a breath of fresh air

There seems to be a lot more than a breath of air....
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:45 - Jul 17 with 5805 viewstextbackup

Too many had it too easy for too long.
Thank fck someone has come out and said it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:48 - Jul 17 with 5784 viewsSteve_M

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:36 - Jul 17 by ITFC_Forever

Why should we guess as to who he is referring to?

It’s how bad reputations are forged with no substance whatsoever. We’ll soon find out when more out-goings are confirmed.

Clearly Hurst is not happy and isn’t taking any prisoners, and is ready to give the squad the shake-up a determined new manager brings.

No, what should happen is people should make claims based upon their existing prejudices. Bonus points will be awarded for referring to 'proper blokes' in a derogatory fashion.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:50 - Jul 17 with 5755 viewstextbackup

Tristan Nydam.

One of only two players he’s praised, so doubt it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 07:57 - Jul 17 with 5680 viewstractorboy1978

I'd imagine there is an element of game playing with Evans within these comments as well. With less than 3 weeks left of the window, it puts the pressure on to get deals done and to make money available.

He is clearly not happy though, the issue is that the players he is likely referring to probably have no real transfer value and are on decent wages relative to what they could earn elsewhere.
So who do we all think Hurst is referring to here then? on 08:00 - Jul 17 with 5654 viewsbontcho

Interesting that we kept Downes but Morris was allowed to go to the England U19s.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024