Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse 08:52 - Jul 17 with 11434 viewsBiGDonnie

When he says some are nowhere near good enough. He's stole a living with us for far too long.

Either way, exciting to read what Hurst says. I don't think it'll happen over night but we'll definitely improve form the Dino era.

COYB

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:55 - Jul 17 with 5334 viewshomer_123

It's Bart.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:55 - Jul 17 with 5336 viewsLeoMuff

Honestly what a crock of sh!t, must be a cunning chap to steal a living over 400 plus championship games.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:57 - Jul 17 with 5322 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:55 - Jul 17 by LeoMuff

Honestly what a crock of sh!t, must be a cunning chap to steal a living over 400 plus championship games.

We'll see. I'm praying we see Downes in the holding position. A bit of energy, someone who actually wants the ball.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:57 - Jul 17 with 5320 viewsartsbossbeard

Leave the footballing talk to the bigger boys, yeah?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:58 - Jul 17 with 5307 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:57 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

Leave the footballing talk to the bigger boys, yeah?

Leave the thread then treacle!

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:59 - Jul 17 with 5298 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:58 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Leave the thread then treacle!

Do you still go to games?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:01 - Jul 17 with 5266 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:59 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

What, during the summer?

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:01 - Jul 17 with 5262 viewshomer_123

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:59 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

Come on, you know that doesn't count for anything on here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:02 - Jul 17 with 5251 viewsHalf_Idiot

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:57 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

We'll see. I'm praying we see Downes in the holding position. A bit of energy, someone who actually wants the ball.

I guess all those interceptions were actually just him trying to avoid the ball but accidentally winning it
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:03 - Jul 17 with 5243 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:01 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

What, during the summer?

You know exactly what I mean.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:04 - Jul 17 with 5239 viewsSuperfrans

Well done. that's two ticks on the moron-monitor:
"dino Mick"- tick.
"Skuse stole a living" - tick.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:06 - Jul 17 with 5222 viewsHerbivore

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:57 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

I like Downes and he has potential, but he managed about 4 or 5 games for us before being totally spent and unable to play much for a few months. A similar thing happened at Luton where he struggled to get off the bench after a promising few games at the start of his spell. He is miles away from being the lynchpin of a Championship midfield and is in no way, shape or form a better option than Skuse at this current time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:09 - Jul 17 with 5196 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:03 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

You know exactly what I mean.

Yeah, you asked if I'm still going to games.

Whilst clearly not a superfan like yourself, I will be seeing more games this season under Hurst. The first being Blackburn - you can buy me that beer you owe me.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:12 - Jul 17 with 5164 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:06 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

I like Downes and he has potential, but he managed about 4 or 5 games for us before being totally spent and unable to play much for a few months. A similar thing happened at Luton where he struggled to get off the bench after a promising few games at the start of his spell. He is miles away from being the lynchpin of a Championship midfield and is in no way, shape or form a better option than Skuse at this current time.

I've seen reports that he looks a lot bigger? Hopefully he's bulked out a bit and built some stamina.

I still just don't get it with Skuse, and I really think Hurst is going to feel the same. He doesn't show the energy needed for the position he plays.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:14 - Jul 17 with 5155 viewsBlueBadger

Skuse hasn't been the problem with our midfield last few years, it's largely who he's been partnered with. I could see him being very useful in a three consisting of him, Dozzell and Huws, for example.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 9:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:15 - Jul 17 with 5143 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:09 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Yeah, you asked if I'm still going to games.

Whilst clearly not a superfan like yourself, I will be seeing more games this season under Hurst. The first being Blackburn - you can buy me that beer you owe me.

If I owe you a beer, I'll buy you a beer.

I really can't see that you can criticise a player with 400+ games at this level under his belt without seeing him in action on a regular basis. But that's just me.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:16 - Jul 17 with 5138 viewsWD19

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:12 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

I've seen reports that he looks a lot bigger? Hopefully he's bulked out a bit and built some stamina.

I still just don't get it with Skuse, and I really think Hurst is going to feel the same. He doesn't show the energy needed for the position he plays.

On balance of probability he is just as likely to be talking about Downes as Skuse. Perhaps more so. Just stop and process that thought for a second.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:19 - Jul 17 with 5115 viewssotd78

TROLL

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:20 - Jul 17 with 5100 viewsBlueBadger

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:19 - Jul 17 by sotd78

TROLL

And it's that special TWTD flavour of trolling whereby the main person looking stupid and angry is the 'troll' themselves.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 5093 viewsSW6Tractor

He did a great job for McCarthy in that role but is obviously being asked to do more - i.e. pick up the ball from the back - which he either isn't comfortable doing or needs time to adjust to it.

Fair for manager to be critical, but 'stole a living' is nonsense.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 5085 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:15 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

If I owe you a beer, I'll buy you a beer.

I really can't see that you can criticise a player with 400+ games at this level under his belt without seeing him in action on a regular basis. But that's just me.

I've seen plenty of him to know he's not up to the task.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:23 - Jul 17 with 5072 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:20 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

And it's that special TWTD flavour of trolling whereby the main person looking stupid and angry is the 'troll' themselves.

Angry? Not me lad, suns shining, families healthy and business is good. Simply reading Hurst's comments making comment on who I think it'll be!

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:23 - Jul 17 with 5065 viewsHerbivore

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:12 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Being a lot bigger does not go hand in hand with improving stamina. There's a reason why sprinters are built like bodybuilders and distance runners look like 11 year olds. I hope Downes comes good but only someone who doesn't really follow Town all that closely would conclude that he is ready to step in and replace Skuse as the lynchpin of our midfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out on another loan to see if he can play consistently for more than 3 or 4 games at a time, certainly I see him as being behind Nydam and Dozzell in the midfield pecking order.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:24 - Jul 17 with 5060 viewsBlueBadger

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:23 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Angry? Not me lad, suns shining, families healthy and business is good. Simply reading Hurst's comments making comment on who I think it'll be!

Not disputing 'stupid' then. Fair enough.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 5039 viewsCurrie10

So you're 100% convinced under Hurst's era we'll make the play offs at least one season!?

Dino. Give it a rest f f s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024