Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst interview 11:38 - Jul 17 with 2992 viewswrightsrightglove

Very clever in my opinion; it does several things all in one hit:

- Makes sure that Evans is aware that he needs to get the necessary players in and makes the fans aware of this requirement, putting further pressure on Evans to get it done.
- Tells the senior players to up their game after a poor performance, keeps them on their toes and lets them know that he's not messing around.
- Applies a bit of pressure to the young players to remind them that they've not made it yet and things can quite easily change for them if they don't apply themselves.
- Really shows everyone that this is his team now, reinforces his expectations and shows that he's not taking prisoners.
Hurst interview on 16:12 - Jul 17 with 2672 viewsRegencyBlue

He's making all the right noises for me at the moment.

Not saying he will get to these heights but the last manager who came in and stirred things up effectively from the start was Sir Bobby.
Hurst interview on 16:18 - Jul 17 with 2654 viewsWD19

or is so blindingly transparent that the opposite is true......
Hurst interview on 16:36 - Jul 17 with 2595 viewsBluedandy

Hurst interview on 16:18 - Jul 17 by WD19

or is so blindingly transparent that the opposite is true......

Odds already slashed on Paul Hurst becoming the next Ipswich Town manager to win England the World Cup ... will be in 2026 ... sorry Gareth but you're too nice.
Hurst interview on 16:38 - Jul 17 with 2572 viewsBurwell_Blue

"I've heard you are a bit of a player" - Doig

"Thats right" - Unnamed player

"Well I don't g1ve a sh1t what people think. You are nothing until I have seen it myself" - Doig

Perhaps he is the bad cop in this?
Hurst interview on 16:38 - Jul 17 with 2566 viewsPJH

Hurst interview on 16:12 - Jul 17 by RegencyBlue

Not saying he will get to these heights but the last manager who came in and stirred things up effectively from the start was Sir Bobby.

Not sure that Sir Bobby stirred things from the start because team wise the bulk of the team that started his first full season in 1969/70 was the same as the one that finished the promotion season of 1967/68.
It was only when his authority got challenged by Tommy Carroll and Billy Baxter that he really stamped his mark on the club but he had been here two years by then.

He did bring in Jimmy Robertson and Frank Clarke in the back end of 1969/70 to be instrumental in keeping us up but there were no major changes "from the start".
Hurst interview on 16:53 - Jul 17 with 2480 viewsBackToRussia

Hurst interview on 16:38 - Jul 17 by Burwell_Blue

"I've heard you are a bit of a player" - Doig

"Thats right" - Unnamed player

"Well I don't g1ve a sh1t what people think. You are nothing until I have seen it myself" - Doig

Perhaps he is the bad cop in this?

Where, in your imagination?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst interview on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 2456 viewsBurwell_Blue

Hurst interview on 16:53 - Jul 17 by BackToRussia

Where, in your imagination?

Yes, in my imagination
Nope on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 2446 viewsDyland

Hurst interview on 16:12 - Jul 17 by RegencyBlue

Unfortunately it was Roy Keane.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Nope on 17:22 - Jul 17 with 2355 viewsSwailsey

Nope on 16:58 - Jul 17 by Dyland

And probably then MM, shipping out the deadwood etc

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Nope on 17:30 - Jul 17 with 2321 viewsjpring89

Nope on 16:58 - Jul 17 by Dyland

Stirred things up yes. Effectively no

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Hurst interview on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 2290 viewssparks

Agreed. Reminding a few that they need to press on and improve, rather than resting on laurels is important.

High risk strategy for a manager who has not played at a high level himself though... Very easy for players to go one way or another- either show him to be wrong (great) or take a strop and say "You never really succeeded at this level- who are you to cricitise me". Arguably the latter shows an attitude we can do without but clearly a risk.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Hurst interview on 17:40 - Jul 17 with 2273 viewschicoazul

Hurst interview on 17:38 - Jul 17 by sparks

Agreed. Reminding a few that they need to press on and improve, rather than resting on laurels is important.

High risk strategy for a manager who has not played at a high level himself though... Very easy for players to go one way or another- either show him to be wrong (great) or take a strop and say "You never really succeeded at this level- who are you to cricitise me". Arguably the latter shows an attitude we can do without but clearly a risk.

We?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hurst interview on 17:42 - Jul 17 with 2266 viewssparks

Hurst interview on 17:40 - Jul 17 by chicoazul

We?

Moron.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Hurst interview on 17:52 - Jul 17 with 2204 viewsMullet

Apart from the fact he's played at this level before against us, had a 15 year playing career where he made himself a legend at a club which is far more than a fair proportion of the squad, of course.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hurst interview on 17:57 - Jul 17 with 2174 viewssparks

Hurst interview on 17:52 - Jul 17 by Mullet

Apart from the fact he's played at this level before against us, had a 15 year playing career where he made himself a legend at a club which is far more than a fair proportion of the squad, of course.

He played most of his career lower down. had a few seasons at this level. He was hardly a star.

I have no idea why you wish to nitpick- its not a criticism of anyone, just an observation of human nature.

Hurst interview on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 2088 viewsWacko

I get your point but I think it's a bit of a dated notion - I doubt many footballers care nowadays about what their manager did as a player - with the exception of Guardiola and Zidane most of the top level coaches weren't anywhere near the ability of their players. Very interested to see how Sarri gets on for example.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024