Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94467 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 14:20 - Jul 18 with 2055 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

More housing propaganda on 13:25 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

He said "Thatcher sold off the social housing stock and it wasn't replaced" in the second sentence.

I agree somewhat, it has been the fault of every government since too, but Maggie was the starting point and certainly shoulders some of it.

Not really. He point was the population was stable and didn’t need a housing boom (as had been required post war). It’s not anybody’s fault from the 70s or 80s that they didn’t foresee a massive population rise, or the rise in buy to let
More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 18 with 2048 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 14:20 - Jul 18 by FrowsyArmLarry

Not really. He point was the population was stable and didn’t need a housing boom (as had been required post war). It’s not anybody’s fault from the 70s or 80s that they didn’t foresee a massive population rise, or the rise in buy to let

That wasn't my point at all, but crack on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More housing propaganda on 14:34 - Jul 18 with 2041 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

So far this thread goes

Can you buy a house in England for 50k - yes
Can you buy a house in EA for under 100k - yes
Do you need a 20-30k deposit - no
Do 100% mortgages exist - yes
Do you need a deposit for a 100% mortgage - no
Is it impossible for 1st time buyers now - no
Was it hard before for 1st time buyers - yes
Were the interest rates much higher before - yes
Has the housing market been a constant boom for this generation - no
Was everyone from 1985 and before born to privilege - no
Have previous generations had to survive a property crash - yes

Let me know the bits you have got right so far

So basically you've literally taken every point you made that was proven to be either wrong or taking liberties and reduced them to yes/no answers to save face. Some of which may I add you have actually made up and were never said/discussed.

LOL.

Can you buy a house in England for 50k - Hasn't provided one that doesn't involve equity or so much work it becomes redundant
Can you buy a house in EA for under 100k - I know where I can find a 90k house if I was willing to move to an area with no work or decent transport links within 20 miles. Defeats the point to buy a house if you can't work to pay it off
Do you need a 20-30k deposit - No one said £30k, it was £15-20 which is what most people end up paying, although the average for first time buyers is actually £33k.
Do 100% mortgages exist - One of the few things you correctly stated, although irrelevant as practically impossible for first time buyers without family help of still having to put a 10% lump sum down as good faith.
Do you need a deposit for a 100% mortgage - The point he's clinged to as I bumbled my words, also the only time someone actually agreed with so he's not gonna let this one go.
Is it impossible for 1st time buyers now - No one said it was, they just said it's hard which you've fought tooth and nail against all evidence (including what you claim to exist but can't find) to deny it.
Was it hard before for 1st time buyers - No one said it wasn't, they said it's harder now. Facts back this.
Were the interest rates much higher before - Yes they were, but it's still harder to get on the ladder.
Has the housing market been a constant boom for this generation - If you got a house before 2004 you've got it much better than anyone has had it since bar a small dip in 2011. It's even worse now according to that graph too. THIS WAS EVIDENCE YOU SHARED.
Was everyone from 1985 and before born to privilege - Not once has anyone said "born into privilege", again you are taking liberties.
Have previous generations had to survive a property crash - That STILL doesn't change the original discussion.

I'm still waiting for you to provide this link to a house under £50/100k i can buy tomorrow as a first time buyer on 100% mortgage*. That's your issue here, the reason we've covered such an extensive list of housing topics is because you've had to change the subject or move the goal posts.

*He can't provide a link as he knows one doesn't exist.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 14:38 - Jul 18 with 2030 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 14:20 - Jul 18 by GlasgowBlue

Don't you get bored of doing this every day?

Jeez. That was over a week a go. I really stung you with that one, huh? Let it go Glassers, let it go man. No need to be so thin skinned.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 14:38]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 14:38 - Jul 18 with 2030 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:34 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

So basically you've literally taken every point you made that was proven to be either wrong or taking liberties and reduced them to yes/no answers to save face. Some of which may I add you have actually made up and were never said/discussed.

LOL.

Can you buy a house in England for 50k - Hasn't provided one that doesn't involve equity or so much work it becomes redundant
Can you buy a house in EA for under 100k - I know where I can find a 90k house if I was willing to move to an area with no work or decent transport links within 20 miles. Defeats the point to buy a house if you can't work to pay it off
Do you need a 20-30k deposit - No one said £30k, it was £15-20 which is what most people end up paying, although the average for first time buyers is actually £33k.
Do 100% mortgages exist - One of the few things you correctly stated, although irrelevant as practically impossible for first time buyers without family help of still having to put a 10% lump sum down as good faith.
Do you need a deposit for a 100% mortgage - The point he's clinged to as I bumbled my words, also the only time someone actually agreed with so he's not gonna let this one go.
Is it impossible for 1st time buyers now - No one said it was, they just said it's hard which you've fought tooth and nail against all evidence (including what you claim to exist but can't find) to deny it.
Was it hard before for 1st time buyers - No one said it wasn't, they said it's harder now. Facts back this.
Were the interest rates much higher before - Yes they were, but it's still harder to get on the ladder.
Has the housing market been a constant boom for this generation - If you got a house before 2004 you've got it much better than anyone has had it since bar a small dip in 2011. It's even worse now according to that graph too. THIS WAS EVIDENCE YOU SHARED.
Was everyone from 1985 and before born to privilege - Not once has anyone said "born into privilege", again you are taking liberties.
Have previous generations had to survive a property crash - That STILL doesn't change the original discussion.

I'm still waiting for you to provide this link to a house under £50/100k i can buy tomorrow as a first time buyer on 100% mortgage*. That's your issue here, the reason we've covered such an extensive list of housing topics is because you've had to change the subject or move the goal posts.

"In 1995, the median income in London was £19,000 and the median house price was £83,000, meaning that people were spending 4.4 times their income on buying a property. But by 2012-13, the median income in London had increased to £24,600 and the median house price in the capital had increased to £300,000, meaning people were forced to spend 12.2 times their income on a house."

"Even in more affordable regions, prices have risen dramatically. In the north-east, the most affordable region in England and Wales, the proportion of income spent on property has almost doubled in 20 years, increasing from 3.4 times the median income of the region in 1995 to 6.1 times the median income in 2012."

"The new figures for housing affordability in England and Wales between 1997 and 2016 have been issued by the Office for National Statistics. They said the median price paid for a home leapt by 259% over this period, while median individual annual earnings could only manage a 68% rise."

So, stay off the Nando's Callis and you will soon be there....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

More housing propaganda on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 2017 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 14:38 - Jul 18 by hype313

"In 1995, the median income in London was £19,000 and the median house price was £83,000, meaning that people were spending 4.4 times their income on buying a property. But by 2012-13, the median income in London had increased to £24,600 and the median house price in the capital had increased to £300,000, meaning people were forced to spend 12.2 times their income on a house."

"Even in more affordable regions, prices have risen dramatically. In the north-east, the most affordable region in England and Wales, the proportion of income spent on property has almost doubled in 20 years, increasing from 3.4 times the median income of the region in 1995 to 6.1 times the median income in 2012."

"The new figures for housing affordability in England and Wales between 1997 and 2016 have been issued by the Office for National Statistics. They said the median price paid for a home leapt by 259% over this period, while median individual annual earnings could only manage a 68% rise."

Nandos, tattoos and vegan cheese mate. Cut that out for a week and I'll be a millionaire.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 18 with 2007 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:39 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

Nandos, tattoos and vegan cheese mate. Cut that out for a week and I'll be a millionaire.

This time next year Rodders.

More housing propaganda on 14:43 - Jul 18 with 2003 viewsgiant_stow

that really ought to be end of argument.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 14:44 - Jul 18 with 2001 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:43 - Jul 18 by giant_stow

that really ought to be end of argument.

Was hoping so, but with Fishers he'll probably dispute it.

More housing propaganda on 14:47 - Jul 18 with 1991 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:34 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

LOL.

You are still denying it all

On the subject of liberties where was it ever discussed that the 100% mortgage and 50k or 100k property had to go together. There are liveable houses in England for 50k do really deny this. The one today was 25k and does not say it isn't liveable it says it needs work. I am pretty sure an extra 25k will get more. If you remember before the 100% conversation which you may or may not qualify for that we were discussing 95 % mortgages which are available.

Nothing you said has stood up and enough people have said how other factors should be considered. You probably could get a mortgage but it would be a big sacrifice and perhaps you think it is too much to do.

As for privilege we would raised a few miles apart and only 7 years apart. I made the most of my privilege, you had the same but choose not to

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 14:48 - Jul 18 with 1988 viewsHerbivore

Yes but what you're conveniently overlooking with those statistics is that Truce managed to buy a property 15 years ago. So there.

More housing propaganda on 14:50 - Jul 18 with 1976 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:48 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

Yes but what you're conveniently overlooking with those statistics is that Truce managed to buy a property 15 years ago. So there.

Doh, I always overlook those pesky one off stats from West Suffolk.

More housing propaganda on 14:52 - Jul 18 with 1975 viewsSpruceMoose

Well dang. That's the case closed. Wrap it up people, time to go home. Nicely done, that seems pretty indisputable.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda on 14:54 - Jul 18 with 1964 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 14:52 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Well dang. That's the case closed. Wrap it up people, time to go home. Nicely done, that seems pretty indisputable.

Nah Truce is still going on.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 14:54 - Jul 18 with 1964 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 14:48 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

What we have here is a classic example of someone being unable to see beyond their own experiences, and being unable to fairly assess their own achievements in life.

'I did it, so everyone can, and if they don't then that's because they are lazy, workshy or just not as great as I am'.

It's a worldview which is prevalent on the right.

More housing propaganda on 14:56 - Jul 18 with 1957 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:44 - Jul 18 by hype313

Was hoping so, but with Fishers he'll probably dispute it.

Why do some posters use my real name all the time? I have never complained but it is odd and Phil specifically said it is against the rules

More housing propaganda on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 1951 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:56 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Why do some posters use my real name all the time? I have never complained but it is odd and Phil specifically said it is against the rules

Didn't know that was your real name, thought it was an old username, if your name is Fishers then I apologise to you.

Anyway, back to those pesky stats I posted.

More housing propaganda on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 1951 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

That wasn't my point at all, but crack on.

Typo... I meant to write ‘my point’ not ‘he point’
More housing propaganda on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 1950 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 14:50 - Jul 18 by hype313

Doh, I always overlook those pesky one off stats from West Suffolk.

It's funny how it's not until you spot a typo that you realise how easy it is to hit 's' and 't' instead of 't' and 'w'.

More housing propaganda on 14:59 - Jul 18 with 1944 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:58 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

It's funny how it's not until you spot a typo that you realise how easy it is to hit 's' and 't' instead of 't' and 'w'.

More housing propaganda on 14:59 - Jul 18 with 1944 viewsBluefish

Hilarious that so many thickies have all ganged together to say that is the end of the argument. The debate was around the privilege of my generation buying able to buy a house and poor callis just 7 years younger that is so hard by by and a victim of the government. The article that apparently dismisses this according to the safety in numbers baying masses talks about house prices from 1995

Yep that must mean case closed

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 18 with 1939 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 14:59 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Hilarious that so many thickies have all ganged together to say that is the end of the argument. The debate was around the privilege of my generation buying able to buy a house and poor callis just 7 years younger that is so hard by by and a victim of the government. The article that apparently dismisses this according to the safety in numbers baying masses talks about house prices from 1995

Blubs about supposedly being called names. Calls people thickies.

Classic.

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 18 with 1939 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:57 - Jul 18 by hype313

Didn't know that was your real name, thought it was an old username, if your name is Fishers then I apologise to you.

Anyway, back to those pesky stats I posted.

You thought my username wasn't truce? It says it on every post?

More housing propaganda on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 1936 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 14:59 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

I can't be bothered, I'm done, you win.

Reminds me of Mark Twain

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Incidentally, on another note, he also wrote Huckleberry Finn, bit random eh.

More housing propaganda on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 1936 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

You thought my username wasn't truce? It says it on every post?

Well, it was Bluefish at one point. Which would be an unlikely surname, in all honesty. So, I can see what caused the confusion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024