Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94776 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 15:31 - Jul 18 with 3486 viewsmonytowbray

on 15:03 - Jul 18 by _

I know from knowing you IRL you went through a lot to get where you are, including some massive set backs.

It is doable, but it's much harder now than it was before to get something worth living in.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:32 - Jul 18 with 3484 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:21 - Jul 18 by _

Reality is, you need someone not just financially but also to give you the accountability to check yourself

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More housing propaganda on 15:33 - Jul 18 with 3482 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 14:59 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Hilarious that so many thickies have all ganged together to say that is the end of the argument. The debate was around the privilege of my generation buying able to buy a house and poor callis just 7 years younger that is so hard by by and a victim of the government. The article that apparently dismisses this according to the safety in numbers baying masses talks about house prices from 1995

Yep that must mean case closed

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:33 - Jul 18 with 3476 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

There are alternatives:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/caravans/brand-new-2018-static-caravan-for-sale-in-suf
More housing propaganda on 15:34 - Jul 18 with 3473 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:28 - Jul 18 by giant_stow

That sounds very tough - well played from me too.

I have respect for everyone that has improved themselves and worked hard to support themself.

I've experienced all sorts. I'm very comfortable these days but again this is half because of my wife doing well. I have however struggle with babies and mortgages and high interest rates. I have also battled addiction to gambling and lived on a personal allowance of £50 per month for alcohol of years. I know all about sacrifices and have respect for people that aim to do better.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 15:35 - Jul 18 with 3469 views_

More housing propaganda on 15:31 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

I know from knowing you IRL you went through a lot to get where you are, including some massive set backs.

It is doable, but it's much harder now than it was before to get something worth living in.

More housing propaganda on 15:37 - Jul 18 with 3463 viewsmonytowbray

on 15:35 - Jul 18 by _

As I said, I think it's the barrier that bugs me compared to previous years. I'm not fussed about owning yet and never have been. Just annoying on principle, which is then amplified by folk like Bloo and Truce who will go to any stretch possible to deny data and facts!

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:38 - Jul 18 with 3461 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:30 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Pathetic response but typical for You. "Please tell him off Phil" embarrassing!

You started the name calling

Please Phil please

Blub.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:38 - Jul 18 with 3451 views_

More housing propaganda on 15:37 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

As I said, I think it's the barrier that bugs me compared to previous years. I'm not fussed about owning yet and never have been. Just annoying on principle, which is then amplified by folk like Bloo and Truce who will go to any stretch possible to deny data and facts!

More housing propaganda on 15:39 - Jul 18 with 3446 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:38 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Blub.

Please Phil Please

on 15:40 - Jul 18 with 3442 views_

More housing propaganda on 15:32 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Reality is, you need someone not just financially but also to give you the accountability to check yourself

More housing propaganda on 15:40 - Jul 18 with 3435 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:37 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

Good job you don't ever deny facts

Poor you

More housing propaganda on 15:42 - Jul 18 with 3432 viewsBluefish

on 15:40 - Jul 18 by _

I can relate to that.

No way would I be here without my wife. At times she drives me nuts but I was not cut out to make the right choices or be driven enough

More housing propaganda on 15:44 - Jul 18 with 3429 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:40 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Good job you don't ever deny facts

Poor you

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda (n/t) on 15:45 - Jul 18 with 3426 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:42 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

I can relate to that.

No way would I be here without my wife. At times she drives me nuts but I was not cut out to make the right choices or be driven enough

It shows. Have you considered giving your wife your TWTD password?
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 15:45]

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda (n/t) on 15:47 - Jul 18 with 3419 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda (n/t) on 15:45 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

Dayum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda (n/t) on 15:47 - Jul 18 with 3413 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda (n/t) on 15:45 - Jul 18 by monytowbray

I am the nice one. She would s*** all over you and be really horrible

More housing propaganda on 15:48 - Jul 18 with 3410 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:39 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Please Phil Please

I think that was what you said when you were begging him to ban you. I think I'm remembering that correctly.

More housing propaganda on 15:56 - Jul 18 with 3391 viewsjaseitfc

How many pages was the longest thread ever by the way ?
More housing propaganda on 15:57 - Jul 18 with 3385 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:56 - Jul 18 by jaseitfc

How many pages was the longest thread ever by the way ?

Well there was the 'IPSWICH' one. But that doesn't really count. Anything above 30 is now the gold standard.

More housing propaganda on 16:15 - Jul 18 with 3347 viewsNewcyBlue

on 15:21 - Jul 18 by _

MrsNewcy had some bonds etc, her parents sacrificed a fair bit to save for their kids for the future. All 3 now own their own homes.

It’s not privilege, it’s nothing but that her parents chose to look so far into the future and sacrifice other things.

She was lucky her parents did that for her and her siblings.

If people spent more time doing something about their situation rather than moaning about it they might get closer to what they want. I feel I can say that as somebody that was homeless 10 years ago.

I knew that it was tough back then. I am still seeing some affects of it too, but I also knew that I had to do something to get something from life.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

More housing propaganda on 16:15 - Jul 18 with 3346 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

More housing propaganda on 15:57 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Well there was the 'IPSWICH' one. But that doesn't really count. Anything above 30 is now the gold standard.

I posted a link to a caravan site, hoping to widen the scope of the discussion to the possibility of callis becoming a gypsy, for just that reason :-)
More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 18 with 3293 viewstractorboy7777

More housing propaganda on 15:33 - Jul 18 by FrowsyArmLarry

There are alternatives:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/caravans/brand-new-2018-static-caravan-for-sale-in-suf

These lose value over time. So you’ll be on a ledge as such rather than the property ladder

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

More housing propaganda on 17:34 - Jul 18 with 3286 viewsimsureazzure

More housing propaganda on 17:05 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You were granted a privilege when it comes to housing because you were born earlier.

Well done. At least you can grasp some things.

If you had of left school in 1982 you would have curled up in to a ball and screamed and screamed and screamed.

My first mortgage was 60% of my take home pay, thank goodness that not all your generation are owe us a living professional whingers.
More housing propaganda on 17:50 - Jul 18 with 3261 viewstractorboy7777

More housing propaganda on 15:14 - Jul 18 by NewcyBlue

Absolutely this. Well done Libbers.

You want something enough and you will find a way to get it. You will cut your cloth as much as you can to get it.

10 years ago I couldn’t afford to rent a place year round, so I slept in my car. It’s the dice that was thrown my way and I appreciate what’s in my life so much right now.

Again, very well done mate. You should be proud.

This is what’s wrong, nobody who works for a living should be forced to live in a car.

I may be ridiculed but I honestly believe those who have money and rent multiple properties to earn more money are to blame.

They’re earning money in an area which could break someone financially/mentally. Think there should be a cap on how many properties a person can rent out

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024