Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94751 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 19:54 - Jul 18 with 2928 viewsBrixtonBlue

More housing propaganda on 15:34 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

I have respect for everyone that has improved themselves and worked hard to support themself.

I've experienced all sorts. I'm very comfortable these days but again this is half because of my wife doing well. I have however struggle with babies and mortgages and high interest rates. I have also battled addiction to gambling and lived on a personal allowance of £50 per month for alcohol of years. I know all about sacrifices and have respect for people that aim to do better.

"I have respect for everyone that has improved themselves...I know all about sacrifices and have respect for people that aim to do better."

"Going away to start uni post 25 is proper weird."

- 13:15 - Jul 6 with 451 views Truce

Feck it, Do Post-grad? by BrixtonBlue 6 Jul 2018 13:18
Absolutely. No-one should try to learn things and better themselves after 25.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More housing propaganda on 19:56 - Jul 18 with 2916 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 19:54 - Jul 18 by BrixtonBlue

"I have respect for everyone that has improved themselves...I know all about sacrifices and have respect for people that aim to do better."

"Going away to start uni post 25 is proper weird."

- 13:15 - Jul 6 with 451 views Truce

Feck it, Do Post-grad? by BrixtonBlue 6 Jul 2018 13:18
Absolutely. No-one should try to learn things and better themselves after 25.

It's almost like he's full of it, isn't it!? But I'm sure it's all an act really.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 20:03 - Jul 18 with 2895 viewsStokieBlue

on 15:03 - Jul 18 by _

That's excellent, you set a goal, stuck to it and you achieved it which is something to be proud of. I think your advice is also excellent.

I'm not that much older than the brackets being spoken on in this thread and do understand a lot of what is being said with regards to the difficulties nowadays. I've done OK, some of it is definitely luck but some of it is hard work. There was a period when I worked 12 hours plus every day in a pretty stressful job in order to make sure I got to where I needed to be. Once you are there things get easier but that initial push is key. Obviously not everyone will have that opportunity though and I fully understand that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More housing propaganda on 20:39 - Jul 18 with 2861 viewsjaseitfc

More housing propaganda on 17:34 - Jul 18 by imsureazzure

If you had of left school in 1982 you would have curled up in to a ball and screamed and screamed and screamed.

My first mortgage was 60% of my take home pay, thank goodness that not all your generation are owe us a living professional whingers.

I just dont see the point using the term privilege in a discussion about housing between white males in modern Britain

From what I have read of Truce's success in the housing market it mainly comes down smart decisions and a bit of luck, I dont see this as privilege, and rather de-values other genuine privilege arguments when they are valid.

The privilege extends to most people in Britain, who have had the opportunity to go to university, and find careers that eventually means they can work hard enough to get jobs - its just in the case of Truce he's got there earlier.

I'd rather be a university leaver with no savings to my name but career prospects and opportunities in Britain, where I've got the opportunity to eventually earn enough, than I would be someone in an underprivileged poorer society in other countries.

I get the point that that prices are getting ridiculous these days, but I dont see how privilege plays a part in it - unless he's been given the houses he's bought.
More housing propaganda (n/t) on 20:51 - Jul 18 with 2848 viewstractorboy7777

More housing propaganda on 20:39 - Jul 18 by jaseitfc

I just dont see the point using the term privilege in a discussion about housing between white males in modern Britain

From what I have read of Truce's success in the housing market it mainly comes down smart decisions and a bit of luck, I dont see this as privilege, and rather de-values other genuine privilege arguments when they are valid.

The privilege extends to most people in Britain, who have had the opportunity to go to university, and find careers that eventually means they can work hard enough to get jobs - its just in the case of Truce he's got there earlier.

I'd rather be a university leaver with no savings to my name but career prospects and opportunities in Britain, where I've got the opportunity to eventually earn enough, than I would be someone in an underprivileged poorer society in other countries.

I get the point that that prices are getting ridiculous these days, but I dont see how privilege plays a part in it - unless he's been given the houses he's bought.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 21:04]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

More housing propaganda on 20:52 - Jul 18 with 2845 viewswkj

Oh good, Callis created a new flouncy castle thread! Time to get some snacks and settle in, catch up and binge read like this is some netflix show; actually... no... I wont, as I can pretty much make a solid assumption

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More housing propaganda on 21:26 - Jul 18 with 2791 viewsBrixtonBlue

More housing propaganda on 19:56 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

It's almost like he's full of it, isn't it!? But I'm sure it's all an act really.

I can't see him coming back and responding to this one. Sorry fella, think I killed the thread.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 21:30 - Jul 18 with 2784 views_

More housing propaganda on 20:03 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

That's excellent, you set a goal, stuck to it and you achieved it which is something to be proud of. I think your advice is also excellent.

I'm not that much older than the brackets being spoken on in this thread and do understand a lot of what is being said with regards to the difficulties nowadays. I've done OK, some of it is definitely luck but some of it is hard work. There was a period when I worked 12 hours plus every day in a pretty stressful job in order to make sure I got to where I needed to be. Once you are there things get easier but that initial push is key. Obviously not everyone will have that opportunity though and I fully understand that.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 21:32 - Jul 18 with 2775 viewswkj

on 21:30 - Jul 18 by _

Ok Ok, break it up, I don't have time to be seeing people talk civil to one another on this post

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More housing propaganda on 22:05 - Jul 18 with 2755 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 19:56 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Keep talking about me, I'll count up how many times later and test the level of your obsession or provocation.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 22:10 - Jul 18 with 2745 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 22:05 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Keep talking about me, I'll count up how many times later and test the level of your obsession or provocation.

Seems like another productive use of time off work!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 22:14 - Jul 18 with 2734 viewsBrixtonBlue

More housing propaganda on 22:10 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

Seems like another productive use of time off work!

I like how he's having a pop at you rather than address the hypocrisy you were responding to.

More housing propaganda on 22:15 - Jul 18 with 2733 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 22:14 - Jul 18 by BrixtonBlue

I like how he's having a pop at you rather than address the hypocrisy you were responding to.

Good day

More housing propaganda on 00:30 - Jul 19 with 2675 viewsBrixtonBlue

More housing propaganda on 22:15 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Good day

Brilliant swerve as always Trucers. Caught bang to rights and you've no defence whatsoever.

You are a bad troll.

More housing propaganda on 08:49 - Jul 19 with 2598 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 15:03 - Jul 18 by _

Great stuff

Similar boat for me - I’m 33 now and only bought my first place 2 years ago, having previously rented or lived with friends (and yes a couple of years with parents). Spent most of the previous years saving as did my now other half which meant once the time came were able to buy a 4 bed property in Ipswich with a mortgage of just under £500 a month. All thanks to the savings put away over a long period of time

It’s certainly not easy but then it shouldn’t be really - there seems to be an attitude that everyone should be able to get on the housing ladder when in my view it’s something people absolutely should have to work hard to do. Seen a few posts in this thread along the lines of ‘I’m 30 and how am I going to save £15-20k?’, when really with some planning they could potentially be a long way towards that already

Also not to validate Truce’s trolling but the dismissing of cheaper options (particularly flats) seems fairly typical of attitudes too. If you can’t afford something nicer then lower end is simply what you have to consider - same as with cars, clothes, choice of supermarket or indeed anything else in life

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

More housing propaganda on 08:49 - Jul 19 with 2594 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

More housing propaganda on 00:30 - Jul 19 by BrixtonBlue

Brilliant swerve as always Trucers. Caught bang to rights and you've no defence whatsoever.

You are a bad troll.

And still you keep biting...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

More housing propaganda on 08:52 - Jul 19 with 2591 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 08:49 - Jul 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And still you keep biting...

Worse than that I have repeatedly told him that I will reply good day to him once per day but I won't reply anything else and he still keeps posting to me. Almost like he has a desperate agenda
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:17]

More housing propaganda on 09:05 - Jul 19 with 2572 viewsmonytowbray

This thread is mostly Truce dying on his arse.

It's been fun. It's your 6 weeks off work mate, go for a walk!

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 09:16 - Jul 19 with 2560 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 09:05 - Jul 19 by monytowbray

This thread is mostly Truce dying on his arse.

It's been fun. It's your 6 weeks off work mate, go for a walk!

Still carrying it on I see. I have given you a concrete list where you are wrong and you seem upset by that so you keep posting constant pettiness and carrying it on. If it matters to you I will say You are right and no house can be bought for under 100k and no one has ever had it as bad as you before.

Hilarious to tell someone that openly can't walk to go for a walk though. Almost classy as your addiction jibes yesterday

More housing propaganda on 09:19 - Jul 19 with 2552 viewsGlasgowBlue

More housing propaganda on 00:30 - Jul 19 by BrixtonBlue

You are a bad troll.

I thought you killed this thread?

Let it go FFS..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More housing propaganda on 09:44 - Jul 19 with 2532 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 09:16 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Still carrying it on I see. I have given you a concrete list where you are wrong and you seem upset by that so you keep posting constant pettiness and carrying it on. If it matters to you I will say You are right and no house can be bought for under 100k and no one has ever had it as bad as you before.

Hilarious to tell someone that openly can't walk to go for a walk though. Almost classy as your addiction jibes yesterday

I had no idea you couldn't walk, so apologies.

You've given no one anything to show they are wrong. Every piece of evidence you provided was torn apart by multiple people. The reality you have invented doesn't exist.

I think you need to log off for a while, it seems you aren't having a good time on this forum this week, multiple threads suggest this.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 09:48 - Jul 19 with 2523 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 09:44 - Jul 19 by monytowbray

I had no idea you couldn't walk, so apologies.

You've given no one anything to show they are wrong. Every piece of evidence you provided was torn apart by multiple people. The reality you have invented doesn't exist.

I think you need to log off for a while, it seems you aren't having a good time on this forum this week, multiple threads suggest this.

No idea I can't walk despite it being mentioned in multiple places yet you know that i am off for 6 weeks. I suppose the addiction jibes were unintentional as well? Nice chap

More housing propaganda on 09:50 - Jul 19 with 2512 viewsStokieBlue

More housing propaganda on 08:49 - Jul 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Great stuff

Similar boat for me - I’m 33 now and only bought my first place 2 years ago, having previously rented or lived with friends (and yes a couple of years with parents). Spent most of the previous years saving as did my now other half which meant once the time came were able to buy a 4 bed property in Ipswich with a mortgage of just under £500 a month. All thanks to the savings put away over a long period of time

It’s certainly not easy but then it shouldn’t be really - there seems to be an attitude that everyone should be able to get on the housing ladder when in my view it’s something people absolutely should have to work hard to do. Seen a few posts in this thread along the lines of ‘I’m 30 and how am I going to save £15-20k?’, when really with some planning they could potentially be a long way towards that already

Also not to validate Truce’s trolling but the dismissing of cheaper options (particularly flats) seems fairly typical of attitudes too. If you can’t afford something nicer then lower end is simply what you have to consider - same as with cars, clothes, choice of supermarket or indeed anything else in life

Maybe this will help people consider flats:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jul/19/radical-plans-to-end-huge-costs-of

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More housing propaganda on 09:52 - Jul 19 with 2504 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 09:48 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

No idea I can't walk despite it being mentioned in multiple places yet you know that i am off for 6 weeks. I suppose the addiction jibes were unintentional as well? Nice chap

I don't know why you are off, I don't read every thing that's posted here.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 09:54 - Jul 19 with 2498 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 09:48 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

No, the addiction comment was in relation to your patronising advice to help me with my money.

Seriously, give your wife your password and log off.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:54]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024