Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94769 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 17 with 2421 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 13:58 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Fishers old chap, if you're going to try your hand at trolling, you probably need to stop crying when people take the piss out of you back.

You pair are the equivilent of the spotty oiks in a cap smoking fags with no coordination that stand together taking the piss out of the lad that is playing football because he didn't score a goal. Deep down you know you couldn't do it yourself so to make yourself feel good you pair up nice and brave to try and poke holes In those that do. The internet must be your dream.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 17 with 2422 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 13:59 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Here we go the sniping petty double act but offers nothing. I would rather have an opinion then just sit there trying to pick holes with having anything to give.

Keep your petty safety in numbers up though

Quite honestly, I'm just waiting to see these hundreds of houses you've promised.

I mean, it's not like you're on a wind up at someone else's expense, is it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 14:04 - Jul 17 with 2427 viewsitfcjoe

What is the point in this article?

Showing how a 29 year old earning £70k a year is trying to get on the housing ladder

I assumed it was satire

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More housing propaganda on 14:04 - Jul 17 with 2419 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 13:59 - Jul 17 by No9

"*The property is in need of structural repair and therefore a mortgage will likely not be viable, please contact the office for more information* "
very wealthy people don't need a mortgage

Lol does it? Ha still didn't read the small print. Still plenty out there. What about the 3rd one, what holes in that.

The offer still stands if he names an area I will spend proper time searching

More housing propaganda on 14:05 - Jul 17 with 2414 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Quite honestly, I'm just waiting to see these hundreds of houses you've promised.

I mean, it's not like you're on a wind up at someone else's expense, is it?

You think I'm England that there aren't hundreds of houses around 50k?

You are clearly the one being a tool

More housing propaganda on 14:10 - Jul 17 with 2408 viewsBenters2

More housing propaganda on 14:05 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Burnley is the place to be ..
More housing propaganda on 14:13 - Jul 17 with 2398 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 14:04 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Lol does it? Ha still didn't read the small print. Still plenty out there. What about the 3rd one, what holes in that.

The offer still stands if he names an area I will spend proper time searching

I think Callis lives in Ravenswood he posted yesterday so may be somewhere around there?

Whilst I think some people my age could do more to save to get on the ladder - it is extremely difficult at the bottom end of the market as so many buying second homes.

If you don't live with your parents whilst you save, or earn silly money it is very difficult.

I lived with my parents, and was earning £25-30k, and my (now) wife was working abroad earning €30k and paying no tax or living costs so we were able to get a deposit quite quickly......once you have done that you are set for life. Until you have you are throwing good money after bad.

More housing propaganda on 14:17 - Jul 17 with 2380 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:13 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

I think Callis lives in Ravenswood he posted yesterday so may be somewhere around there?

Whilst I think some people my age could do more to save to get on the ladder - it is extremely difficult at the bottom end of the market as so many buying second homes.

If you don't live with your parents whilst you save, or earn silly money it is very difficult.

I lived with my parents, and was earning £25-30k, and my (now) wife was working abroad earning €30k and paying no tax or living costs so we were able to get a deposit quite quickly......once you have done that you are set for life. Until you have you are throwing good money after bad.

No idea where ravenswood is and it didn't come up when I searched for it. Well certainly not one near Suffolk anyway

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 14:21 - Jul 17 with 2370 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 14:05 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Losing your rag and calling people names reflects very badly on you, and really doesn't help you advance this 'everyone is picking on me' persona you have decided to run with.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 17 with 2370 viewsBlueBadger

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You pair are the equivilent of the spotty oiks in a cap smoking fags with no coordination that stand together taking the piss out of the lad that is playing football because he didn't score a goal. Deep down you know you couldn't do it yourself so to make yourself feel good you pair up nice and brave to try and poke holes In those that do. The internet must be your dream.

You can't complain that you want a discussion and then whine when people 'poke holes' in your paper thin point....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 17 with 2367 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 14:03 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Blub of the day winner right here.

More housing propaganda on 14:24 - Jul 17 with 2355 viewsBenters2

More housing propaganda on 14:21 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Losing your rag and calling people names reflects very badly on you, and really doesn't help you advance this 'everyone is picking on me' persona you have decided to run with.

More housing propaganda on 14:26 - Jul 17 with 2349 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

You can't complain that you want a discussion and then whine when people 'poke holes' in your paper thin point....

Let's just go back to the point then. I said there are a hundred (there will be hundreds) houses in England for around 50k. You are your friend then started name calling and ridiculing about it. The fact remains I am right and you 2 have offered nothing still

More housing propaganda on 14:26 - Jul 17 with 2350 viewsBlueBadger

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

You'd think that someone of the 'toughen up youngsters' persuasion could handle some bantz.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

More housing propaganda on 14:28 - Jul 17 with 2345 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:26 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

You'd think that someone of the 'toughen up youngsters' persuasion could handle some bantz.

Tragic bantz

More housing propaganda on 14:33 - Jul 17 with 2329 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 14:17 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

No idea where ravenswood is and it didn't come up when I searched for it. Well certainly not one near Suffolk anyway

IP3

More housing propaganda on 14:39 - Jul 17 with 2314 viewsPinewoodblue

More housing propaganda on 14:33 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

IP3

Ipswich airfield as was.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 2311 viewsmonytowbray

I'm sat here with my £2.5k savings in my hand waiting to buy my new home. Where is it?!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 2303 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:33 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

IP3

A few 1 bed options in Ipswich around 75k plenty at auction for less but not sure how that works with a mortgage. The conversation started at 50k to 100k it was then hijacked about 50k properties elsewhere. Both points stand you can get on the ladder for 50k in England and under 100k around Ipswich

More housing propaganda on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 2291 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I'm sat here with my £2.5k savings in my hand waiting to buy my new home. Where is it?!

Your options are a bit further afield but the likes of Clacton, wisbech etc. In the original conversation I said certainly for 100k and that would still work in Ipswich. Take your 2.5 and put it all on red

More housing propaganda on 14:49 - Jul 17 with 2279 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

A few 1 bed options in Ipswich around 75k plenty at auction for less but not sure how that works with a mortgage. The conversation started at 50k to 100k it was then hijacked about 50k properties elsewhere. Both points stand you can get on the ladder for 50k in England and under 100k around Ipswich

Problem is with those who get 1 bed flats, the market is so stagnant on them as there are so many being built.

I know people who have got these to get on the market and then can't sell them - realisitically to get properly on the market in a provincial town you need a 2 bed house of some sort.

The cheapest of these, not in the auction is £135k. ( https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74045228.html)

More housing propaganda on 14:55 - Jul 17 with 2273 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:49 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

Problem is with those who get 1 bed flats, the market is so stagnant on them as there are so many being built.

I know people who have got these to get on the market and then can't sell them - realisitically to get properly on the market in a provincial town you need a 2 bed house of some sort.

The cheapest of these, not in the auction is £135k. ( https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74045228.html)

That is true but it is a separate point. The talk was can you buy somewhere to live. It is still a long way off a 20-30k deposit required.

My first house was a 3 bed terraced, it needed work so I bought it because I recognised the potential and I wanted to move up. I was hopeless at diy but I laid carpets myself bought as offcuts. I knocked a small internal wall down and i tiled the bathroom amongst other things. It wasn't the best job but it worked and I made 30k to use on something else. That becomes 50k which becomes 150k and beofre you know it you are considering shortening mortgages or buying another

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 2264 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 14:22 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Funny how you both turn up together and have nothing to the conversation but attacked and called names and the whole thing fell apart. You then scuttle off together and the conversation resumes.

Grow a pair be brave and give and opinion. Spend less time name calling as a pair. You are both old enough now to join in with the adults

More housing propaganda on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2262 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 14:55 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

That is true but it is a separate point. The talk was can you buy somewhere to live. It is still a long way off a 20-30k deposit required.

My first house was a 3 bed terraced, it needed work so I bought it because I recognised the potential and I wanted to move up. I was hopeless at diy but I laid carpets myself bought as offcuts. I knocked a small internal wall down and i tiled the bathroom amongst other things. It wasn't the best job but it worked and I made 30k to use on something else. That becomes 50k which becomes 150k and beofre you know it you are considering shortening mortgages or buying another

I've been able to do the same - but I also made the best part of £50k on a house and all I did was paint it, put a cheap bathroom in and live in it for a few years at a monthly mortgage cos that was £300 lower than the rent would have been.

That meant we over paid the mortgage by £300 a month so effectively savings went up, plus the £150-200 capital on the mortgage, and the house was growing so you just get miles and miles ahead of renters trying to save a bit.

More housing propaganda on 15:05 - Jul 17 with 2260 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:01 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Funny how you both turn up together and have nothing to the conversation but attacked and called names and the whole thing fell apart. You then scuttle off together and the conversation resumes.

Grow a pair be brave and give and opinion. Spend less time name calling as a pair. You are both old enough now to join in with the adults

Oh Blubbers. You're unraveling. The name calling has been done by you, ya great buffoon (that was my first one, you can have that).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024