Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94468 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 15:05 - Jul 17 with 2590 viewsuefacup81

More housing propaganda on 13:48 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Save a bit more or find a partner and get a 3 bed house

I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/55477293

I've seen the structural report on this one - it's f*cked. Surprised it's still standing!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

More housing propaganda on 15:08 - Jul 17 with 2580 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:05 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

Oh Blubbers. You're unraveling. The name calling has been done by you, ya great buffoon (that was my first one, you can have that).

Lol as if

We'll keep a watch on it and see what You offer compared to what sniping you do as a pair. Good luck

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 15:08 - Jul 17 with 2578 viewsuefacup81

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

A few 1 bed options in Ipswich around 75k plenty at auction for less but not sure how that works with a mortgage. The conversation started at 50k to 100k it was then hijacked about 50k properties elsewhere. Both points stand you can get on the ladder for 50k in England and under 100k around Ipswich

There's getting on the ladder, and then there's getting on the ladder in a sh*t-tip that's gone to auction for a reason and will likely need another £50k-£100k outlay to get it in anything near approaching a livable condition.

Or you could just move to Hartlepool.

More housing propaganda on 15:08 - Jul 17 with 2578 viewsgiant_stow

More housing propaganda on 14:55 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

That is true but it is a separate point. The talk was can you buy somewhere to live. It is still a long way off a 20-30k deposit required.

My first house was a 3 bed terraced, it needed work so I bought it because I recognised the potential and I wanted to move up. I was hopeless at diy but I laid carpets myself bought as offcuts. I knocked a small internal wall down and i tiled the bathroom amongst other things. It wasn't the best job but it worked and I made 30k to use on something else. That becomes 50k which becomes 150k and beofre you know it you are considering shortening mortgages or buying another

How much is that first house of yours worth now?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More housing propaganda on 15:10 - Jul 17 with 2569 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:04 - Jul 17 by itfcjoe

I've been able to do the same - but I also made the best part of £50k on a house and all I did was paint it, put a cheap bathroom in and live in it for a few years at a monthly mortgage cos that was £300 lower than the rent would have been.

That meant we over paid the mortgage by £300 a month so effectively savings went up, plus the £150-200 capital on the mortgage, and the house was growing so you just get miles and miles ahead of renters trying to save a bit.

But doesn't this go back to the original point? Stop talking about not being able to save 20k and get on the ladder and build it up. Of course it can still be done and kids are doing it but corbyn doesnt want people to believe that and sadly his cult swallow it up.

More housing propaganda on 15:14 - Jul 17 with 2557 viewsitfcjoe

More housing propaganda on 15:10 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

But doesn't this go back to the original point? Stop talking about not being able to save 20k and get on the ladder and build it up. Of course it can still be done and kids are doing it but corbyn doesnt want people to believe that and sadly his cult swallow it up.

But the bottom of the ladder in Ipswich is effectively £130-40k.

When I bought my first one 10 years ago, £140k would get you a nice 3 bedder in a decent area - wages haven't risen in reality and those houses are now £200k.

Getting that first £15-20k to get on the ladder is next to impossible if you are renting

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More housing propaganda on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 2555 viewsuefacup81

I don't think it's too unreasonable an expectation that people should be able to get on to the housing ladder in the area in which they currently live/work, and without having to live in a box (that Sudbury hovel you linked to), not own the whole place (Stowmarket), or undertake significant works of improvement just to make the place habitable (Thetford, and probably all of the auction properties you've alluded to).

More housing propaganda on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 2555 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:08 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Lol as if

We'll keep a watch on it and see what You offer compared to what sniping you do as a pair. Good luck

A quick scroll back through the thread proves one of us right.

Spoiler alert - It ain't you!

Off the top of my head your gems include 'spotty oiks' and 'tool'. Whereas from my side I'm not sure comparing you to Bloo really counts as name calling.

I mean, unless you're a supersnowflake...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 15:16 - Jul 17 with 2553 viewsfactual_blue

More housing propaganda on 14:42 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I'm sat here with my £2.5k savings in my hand waiting to buy my new home. Where is it?!

Your hand is at the end of your arm, if that helps.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 17 with 2551 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:08 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

How much is that first house of yours worth now?

According to zoopla it sold for 138k in 2014 and now 176 value predicted. They ripped all my bodge work out and had it done properly. Let's not forget that an equivilent standard to when I bought it would be considerably less

More housing propaganda on 15:19 - Jul 17 with 2546 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:15 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

A quick scroll back through the thread proves one of us right.

Spoiler alert - It ain't you!

Off the top of my head your gems include 'spotty oiks' and 'tool'. Whereas from my side I'm not sure comparing you to Bloo really counts as name calling.

I mean, unless you're a supersnowflake...

I am pretty sure the bloo name came 1st and in my book it is far worse. What did you offer that was constructive?

More housing propaganda on 15:22 - Jul 17 with 2543 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:19 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I am pretty sure the bloo name came 1st and in my book it is far worse. What did you offer that was constructive?

I'm sorry. I take it back. Your trolling and winding up of Callis is a far different flavour than the kind that Bloo offered. Hopefully that'll heal the wound.

As for constructive advice, I'm yet to see any of that from you either.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 15:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 2539 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:22 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm sorry. I take it back. Your trolling and winding up of Callis is a far different flavour than the kind that Bloo offered. Hopefully that'll heal the wound.

As for constructive advice, I'm yet to see any of that from you either.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 15:22]

Is this the bit where I say you are blubbing and avoiding questions?

More housing propaganda on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 2540 viewsgiant_stow

More housing propaganda on 15:17 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

According to zoopla it sold for 138k in 2014 and now 176 value predicted. They ripped all my bodge work out and had it done properly. Let's not forget that an equivilent standard to when I bought it would be considerably less

Fair play for answering, but even allowing for changes to the property that 50 grand mark is very wide of reality *if* you consider your 1st home to be a typical option for a first timer.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 17 with 2531 viewsfactual_blue

More housing propaganda on 12:29 - Jul 17 by Deano69

Hardly on the breadline

And, astonishingly, no mention of Burnley.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 2525 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:23 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

Fair play for answering, but even allowing for changes to the property that 50 grand mark is very wide of reality *if* you consider your 1st home to be a typical option for a first timer.

I would say it is still. I was earning less than half of what callis is supposedly earning back then but we were a couple. We went for a 3 bed because we had a baby on the way and we had been renting until then. Presumably a new couple could afford to do the same but callis on his own would be better in something smaller

More housing propaganda on 15:26 - Jul 17 with 2524 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:23 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Is this the bit where I say you are blubbing and avoiding questions?

Probably, you do like to come out with some guff so it would fit the pattern!

More housing propaganda on 15:27 - Jul 17 with 2517 viewsgiant_stow

More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I would say it is still. I was earning less than half of what callis is supposedly earning back then but we were a couple. We went for a 3 bed because we had a baby on the way and we had been renting until then. Presumably a new couple could afford to do the same but callis on his own would be better in something smaller

i take your point.

More housing propaganda on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 2505 viewsmonytowbray

I've been of the same opinion long before Corbyn was leader of Labour and I voted for them. Mainly because it's been the same my entire adult life.

Nothing to do with me swallowing anything up, everything to do with the fact I live on the side of the fence you are currently showing little-to-no understanding of. Every UK economist worth any sensible clout will tell you the same on the housing market - it's a mess for new buyers.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:32 - Jul 17 with 2499 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:25 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Again, you have no idea what I earn. I have no idea why you think you know what I earn.

And no, a couple cannot. Think about this. You LITERALLY just said you got much more with a smaller salary when you bought your first house.

Not sure how many times you need to be proven wrong, both by others and tripping up on your own arguments, before you learn from this and grow as a person.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:33 - Jul 17 with 2492 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:27 - Jul 17 by giant_stow

i take your point.

I suppose the original point relating back to the poor example in the article is that it is possible but changes might need to be made. Times were tough back then especially with a baby but we lived carefully and made it work, it certainly wasn't luxuries and i had hardly any disposable income, certainly no money for sky tv etc or takeaways.

I also accept deposits are harder and thinking about saving has to start as a child now but we have to move with times. As Martin Lewis says it makes sense to rack up student debt and save for deposits. If not going to uni then save like hell while still at home. Times have changed and people have to adjust. I will save to help my 3 kids with their deposits but they need to do their bit too

More housing propaganda on 15:35 - Jul 17 with 2488 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:33 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I suppose the original point relating back to the poor example in the article is that it is possible but changes might need to be made. Times were tough back then especially with a baby but we lived carefully and made it work, it certainly wasn't luxuries and i had hardly any disposable income, certainly no money for sky tv etc or takeaways.

I also accept deposits are harder and thinking about saving has to start as a child now but we have to move with times. As Martin Lewis says it makes sense to rack up student debt and save for deposits. If not going to uni then save like hell while still at home. Times have changed and people have to adjust. I will save to help my 3 kids with their deposits but they need to do their bit too

"I also accept deposits are harder."

THE END.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:38 - Jul 17 with 2481 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:32 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Again, you have no idea what I earn. I have no idea why you think you know what I earn.

And no, a couple cannot. Think about this. You LITERALLY just said you got much more with a smaller salary when you bought your first house.

Not sure how many times you need to be proven wrong, both by others and tripping up on your own arguments, before you learn from this and grow as a person.

I didn't speculate in referenced an amount elsewhere in the thread and kept it vague. I was on about 15k back then youbwere definitely on more than that with a much higher tax free threshold as well.

I've not been proven wrong on the claims despite a couple of clowns disrupting and some dodging rightmove searches the overall fact remains you can buy a house for under 100k especially out of Suffolk.

It isn't really my problem if you want to make it happen or not but it is silly to say you need a 20k or 30k deposit

More housing propaganda on 15:39 - Jul 17 with 2477 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

"I also accept deposits are harder."

THE END.

Harder is not impossible

THE END

More housing propaganda on 15:42 - Jul 17 with 2469 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:29 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I've been of the same opinion long before Corbyn was leader of Labour and I voted for them. Mainly because it's been the same my entire adult life.

Nothing to do with me swallowing anything up, everything to do with the fact I live on the side of the fence you are currently showing little-to-no understanding of. Every UK economist worth any sensible clout will tell you the same on the housing market - it's a mess for new buyers.

Stop believing the hype. It was said to be a mess in 03, there had just been a ridiculous boom in the couple of years before. Houses were doubling in value and said to be on the edge of a crash. We got on with it and made it work. The crash came a long time later and we got through that as well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024