Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94675 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 15:57 - Jul 17 with 3210 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 15:39 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Harder is not impossible

THE END

You really are quite amazing at digging your heels in despite completely failing to provide any evidence that contradicts what all economic and housing market experts would agree with.

It’s incredible.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 3206 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 15:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

"I also accept deposits are harder."

THE END.

I'd give up if I were you Callis. There's no point trying to reason with Truce when he is in one of these moods.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 16:01 - Jul 17 with 3205 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:57 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You really are quite amazing at digging your heels in despite completely failing to provide any evidence that contradicts what all economic and housing market experts would agree with.

It’s incredible.

You stick to poor me if you wish.

I have given you evidence of precious house market claims by experts and I have given you evidence of cheaper house prices.

Every year that goes by with poor you and blaming others is another year where others have got on the housing market and pushed the price up. When I bought mine i was told there is never a good time to get on the housing ladder you have to take the plunge and hope for the best. I have been on a ride and it has worked, it has worked for just about everyone else as well.

Take the ride or blame others is your call

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 16:03 - Jul 17 with 3200 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 15:58 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

I'd give up if I were you Callis. There's no point trying to reason with Truce when he is in one of these moods.

Constructive comment? Insight?

Nah must be bit of petty sniping

More housing propaganda on 16:08 - Jul 17 with 3187 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More housing propaganda on 13:17 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

'A 50k house'...where are you suggesting he moves? 1978?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 13:22]

Burnley

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

More housing propaganda on 16:10 - Jul 17 with 3186 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More housing propaganda on 13:32 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

My 2 second search and copy and paste maybe needed an extra 5 seconds of research but I couldn't be bothered

Name the area and I will find a better one

Romford

Go..

More housing propaganda on 16:16 - Jul 17 with 3170 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:10 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Romford

Go..

I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/65204146

More housing propaganda on 16:20 - Jul 17 with 3165 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More housing propaganda on 16:16 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/65204146

Technically that’s not under 100k

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 16:20 - Jul 17 with 3153 viewsBenters2

More housing propaganda on 15:24 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

And, astonishingly, no mention of Burnley.

Page 4 fartual 😊🇬🇧
More housing propaganda on 16:23 - Jul 17 with 3144 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:20 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Technically that’s not under 100k

Knock em down a bit son where are your negotiation skills?

I never expected to find anything near romford

We haven't even looked into shared ownership and help to buy etc. I'm starting to think you kids have it too easy

More housing propaganda on 16:24 - Jul 17 with 3141 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I’ve seen a fully refurbished two bed flat in central london for £260k recently. I know because I was seriously thinking about buying it.

If Callis had a wife on a similar income and had saved up a reasonable amount (25k by his age should have been achievable) he would be able to buy it.

I mentioned baby boomers earlier because they lived at home with parents saving money until they got married and could afford to move out.
More housing propaganda on 16:24 - Jul 17 with 3139 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 16:01 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You stick to poor me if you wish.

I have given you evidence of precious house market claims by experts and I have given you evidence of cheaper house prices.

Every year that goes by with poor you and blaming others is another year where others have got on the housing market and pushed the price up. When I bought mine i was told there is never a good time to get on the housing ladder you have to take the plunge and hope for the best. I have been on a ride and it has worked, it has worked for just about everyone else as well.

Take the ride or blame others is your call

I'd happily take the plunge if it were easier to obtain the money to do it, I can more than afford it.

This is what you continue to fail to grasp.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 16:25 - Jul 17 with 3138 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 16:24 - Jul 17 by FrowsyArmLarry

I’ve seen a fully refurbished two bed flat in central london for £260k recently. I know because I was seriously thinking about buying it.

If Callis had a wife on a similar income and had saved up a reasonable amount (25k by his age should have been achievable) he would be able to buy it.

I mentioned baby boomers earlier because they lived at home with parents saving money until they got married and could afford to move out.

"25k by his age should have been achievable"

Seriously, what planet do you live on and can I come and stay?

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 16:28 - Jul 17 with 3126 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:24 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I'd happily take the plunge if it were easier to obtain the money to do it, I can more than afford it.

This is what you continue to fail to grasp.

Happily assess your spending for you if you wish but we all went through pain to get a house. No sky tv, no internet, little beer money, no takeaways, no football

Don't forget my first house was close to 5% mortgage rate

More housing propaganda on 16:42 - Jul 17 with 3095 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 16:28 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Happily assess your spending for you if you wish but we all went through pain to get a house. No sky tv, no internet, little beer money, no takeaways, no football

No internet? Very much doubt you had to sacrifice that, given it was probably not around when you first bought, or at the very least it was dial up which wasn't cheap.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock but just to let you know Callis is Vegan, so that pretty much rules out 99% of takeaways.

Such a geriatric sweeping statement to say knock all these on the head, I never had Sky and still struggled to cobble together a deposit, even to buy my first house in the ghetto off Whersted Road.

Tbh I'd have a wager you were given a hefty deposit by mummy and daddy, because you quite clearly have no idea about saving in 2018.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

More housing propaganda on 16:43 - Jul 17 with 3087 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

More housing propaganda on 16:28 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You’ve just proved Callis’ point about the original article.

All that stuff you’ve listed that Callis would have to cut out to get on the property ladder is a completely different ballgame to the stuff the 70k woman was claiming she’d cut out - like a £150 a week gym membership.

More housing propaganda on 16:46 - Jul 17 with 3068 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 16:43 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

All that stuff you’ve listed that Callis would have to cut out to get on the property ladder is a completely different ballgame to the stuff the 70k woman was claiming she’d cut out - like a £150 a week gym membership.

I bet you he also didn't have to sacrifice half as much as I would have to on the same salary he was either with modern inflation.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 16:49 - Jul 17 with 3055 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:42 - Jul 17 by hype313

No internet? Very much doubt you had to sacrifice that, given it was probably not around when you first bought, or at the very least it was dial up which wasn't cheap.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock but just to let you know Callis is Vegan, so that pretty much rules out 99% of takeaways.

Such a geriatric sweeping statement to say knock all these on the head, I never had Sky and still struggled to cobble together a deposit, even to buy my first house in the ghetto off Whersted Road.

Tbh I'd have a wager you were given a hefty deposit by mummy and daddy, because you quite clearly have no idea about saving in 2018.

Bit foolish of you I was given nothing for a deposit

It was indeed dial up but I couldn't afford the phone line.

If he isn't doing these things then something is wrong because we have a minimum wage and much higher tax free amounts. If he is then he needs to assess what can be given up. It isn't rocket science.

The other option is give nothing up and just blame others

He is entitled to do any of them but to say it is impossible for someone with a reasonable job is silly talk

More housing propaganda on 16:50 - Jul 17 with 3053 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:43 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

But again everything is relative she is earning more and buying a 380k house. If she was earning that and struggling to pay 120k i would accept it

More housing propaganda on 16:53 - Jul 17 with 3040 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:46 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I bet you he also didn't have to sacrifice half as much as I would have to on the same salary he was either with modern inflation.

Unless you are paying nursery bills as well I expect I did. For absolute starters I couldn't afford to watch Ipswich back then. I drove a car that cost £250

I won't give you life details of now but itnis fair to say it is different but I had to go through that to get here. I don't regret any of it

More housing propaganda on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 3029 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:46 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You can still get 100% and 120% mortgages ffs. This whole thread was a waste of time. They are also less than 3 % ffs

More housing propaganda on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 3023 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 16:56 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You can still get 100% and 120% mortgages ffs. This whole thread was a waste of time. They are also less than 3 % ffs

You're still not grasping the whole deposit thing are you? Your solution is live in a shoebox on equity, a building that is literally condemned (and therefore illegal) or move somewhere unpractical.

I think you need to check your privilege and move on.

It was a waste of time, but watching you make a complete t1t of yourself and have a meltdown has amused me.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 17:00]

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:00 - Jul 17 with 3011 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:58 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You're still not grasping the whole deposit thing are you? Your solution is live in a shoebox on equity, a building that is literally condemned (and therefore illegal) or move somewhere unpractical.

It was a waste of time, but watching you make a complete t1t of yourself and have a meltdown has amused me.

Err why would you need a deposit for a 100% mortgage?

More housing propaganda on 17:03 - Jul 17 with 2999 viewsuefacup81

Definitely not in Romford, and only has 70 years left on the lease which will make it extremely difficult to mortgage and almost impossible to sell on without a costly lease extension process.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

More housing propaganda on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 2995 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 16:58 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Please explain what check my privilege is supposed to mean? Do you mean because I was born a few years before you? Pretty sure it was the same country and backgrounds we were born into and we were raised a few miles apart

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024