Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94676 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 17:47 - Jul 17 with 2612 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:44 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Crisis

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uk+housing+crisis

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:55 - Jul 17 with 2586 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:47 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uk+housing+crisis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-300163/First-time-buyer-crisis.htm

And every year since probably
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:40]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 17:58 - Jul 17 with 2577 viewssparks

More housing propaganda on 17:47 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I quoted examples of how I'd need money up front. It was semantic. I admitted fault for that.

I think you should try taking things at face value every now and then.

Thatll be a "no" then. You knew exactly what the word "deposit" meant, and used it in that sense. Having realised you were wrong you are now claiming otherwise.

I'll leave you to it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

More housing propaganda on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 2568 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 17:58 - Jul 17 by sparks

Thatll be a "no" then. You knew exactly what the word "deposit" meant, and used it in that sense. Having realised you were wrong you are now claiming otherwise.

I'll leave you to it.

I'm offering odds of 2/1 that Sparks does not leave Callis to it.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:00]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More housing propaganda on 18:01 - Jul 17 with 2560 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:00 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

I'm offering odds of 2/1 that Sparks does not leave Callis to it.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:00]

More sniping with no contribution

More housing propaganda on 18:03 - Jul 17 with 2548 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 18:01 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You don't half make I laugh, Fishers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

More housing propaganda on 18:04 - Jul 17 with 2541 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:03 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

You don't half make I laugh, Fishers.

Just following the advice of Roy walker and saying what I see

More housing propaganda on 18:14 - Jul 17 with 2529 viewsSpruceMoose

More housing propaganda on 18:04 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Just following the advice of Roy walker and saying what I see

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 18:35 - Jul 17 with 2514 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:58 - Jul 17 by sparks

I'll leave you to it.

So you don’t want to take it at face value, you just want to have a row. Classic Sparks.

Six pages of nonsense and non-existent housing opportunities from Truce, but he picks me out on wording. Your agenda is hanging out.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 18:44 - Jul 17 with 2501 viewsPrideOfTheEast

More housing propaganda on 18:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

So you don’t want to take it at face value, you just want to have a row. Classic Sparks.

Six pages of nonsense and non-existent housing opportunities from Truce, but he picks me out on wording. Your agenda is hanging out.

How old are you out of interest? I'm 32 and bought my first property on a 100% mortgage. I'm now on my fourth and I'm "lucky" enough to have taken the plunge at 18 (which looking back meant a lot of sacrifices). It's miles worst for the generation of people who are say 18-30 now.
More housing propaganda on 18:45 - Jul 17 with 2499 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Odd that you have ignored the article proving it has been an apparent 1st time buyer crisis since 2004. People have still been buying though

More housing propaganda on 18:49 - Jul 17 with 2490 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 18:01 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Sparks? Agreed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More housing propaganda on 18:50 - Jul 17 with 2485 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:44 - Jul 17 by PrideOfTheEast

How old are you out of interest? I'm 32 and bought my first property on a 100% mortgage. I'm now on my fourth and I'm "lucky" enough to have taken the plunge at 18 (which looking back meant a lot of sacrifices). It's miles worst for the generation of people who are say 18-30 now.

He will say you have privilege

Poor him

More housing propaganda on 18:52 - Jul 17 with 2472 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:49 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Sparks? Agreed.

Show me where sparks is worse than spruce or badger. Pretty sure sparks tries to contribute sometimes so he is a better poster really

More housing propaganda on 18:53 - Jul 17 with 2467 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 18:52 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Show me where sparks is worse than spruce or badger. Pretty sure sparks tries to contribute sometimes so he is a better poster really

This thread. You're welcome.

More housing propaganda on 18:54 - Jul 17 with 2458 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:53 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

This thread. You're welcome.

How can he contribute less than them? They gave nothing over more posts

See through the bias

More housing propaganda on 18:57 - Jul 17 with 2441 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 18:54 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

How can he contribute less than them? They gave nothing over more posts

See through the bias

Their contribution was to repeatedly point out that you're wrong. That's a legitimate contribution, but I can see why you'd want to dismiss it. Sparks came on after 7 pages to have a pointless pop at Callis, and again I can see why you'd want to value that contribution more. You're the one with a dog in this fight, fam, not me.

More housing propaganda on 19:11 - Jul 17 with 2418 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 18:57 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Their contribution was to repeatedly point out that you're wrong. That's a legitimate contribution, but I can see why you'd want to dismiss it. Sparks came on after 7 pages to have a pointless pop at Callis, and again I can see why you'd want to value that contribution more. You're the one with a dog in this fight, fam, not me.

But I wasn't wrong. Everyone knows you can buy houses in lots of towns and cities in England for 50k

I have never been wrong. Lots are desperate for it to happen, one day i expect it will but hasn't yet

More housing propaganda on 19:41 - Jul 17 with 2398 viewsjaseitfc

its a ridiculous article, but perhaps thats the point of it - as in its ridiculous that in modern Britain you need to be earning £70k to afford a mortgage. I dont really see her sacrifice though, sacrifice is moving from London 4 years ago, living in Spain and then Peru and paying off debt/saving to get yourself into a healthy financial position (I might know someone who's doing that ;) )

I think its ridiculous equally to keep bashing "baby boomers" though they cant really help the time they were born - its not their fault that it was easier when they were our age to get houses - also, if we take house affordability out of the equation our lives in 2018 are far more easier and better than theirs.
More housing propaganda on 19:54 - Jul 17 with 2377 viewsHerbivore

More housing propaganda on 19:11 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

But I wasn't wrong. Everyone knows you can buy houses in lots of towns and cities in England for 50k

I have never been wrong. Lots are desperate for it to happen, one day i expect it will but hasn't yet

Sure petal, you keep telling yourself that.

More housing propaganda on 19:58 - Jul 17 with 2371 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 18:45 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Odd that you have ignored the article proving it has been an apparent 1st time buyer crisis since 2004. People have still been buying though

Provide another. It's been well documented I don't click Daily Mail links.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:00 - Jul 17 with 2370 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 19:41 - Jul 17 by jaseitfc

its a ridiculous article, but perhaps thats the point of it - as in its ridiculous that in modern Britain you need to be earning £70k to afford a mortgage. I dont really see her sacrifice though, sacrifice is moving from London 4 years ago, living in Spain and then Peru and paying off debt/saving to get yourself into a healthy financial position (I might know someone who's doing that ;) )

I think its ridiculous equally to keep bashing "baby boomers" though they cant really help the time they were born - its not their fault that it was easier when they were our age to get houses - also, if we take house affordability out of the equation our lives in 2018 are far more easier and better than theirs.

I have no issues with the generation before me. It's more the ones who protect this idea that we're lazy and the housing market isn't completely geared to protecting their generation's financial assets and/or build them more.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:04 - Jul 17 with 2362 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 18:44 - Jul 17 by PrideOfTheEast

I'm 31 (as of yesterday).

I assume you did this as your first step out from the nest though? I've been renting 13 years now and most my money goes into paying for someone else's financial asset to go alongside their actual home.

What commitments did you need to get a 100% mortgage back then? I can't imagine being accepted for one in this day and age.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:04 - Jul 17 with 2363 viewsjaseitfc

More housing propaganda on 20:00 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I have no issues with the generation before me. It's more the ones who protect this idea that we're lazy and the housing market isn't completely geared to protecting their generation's financial assets and/or build them more.

No doubt these people are clueless c*nts but they are a minority (I hope)
More housing propaganda on 20:05 - Jul 17 with 2358 viewshype313

More housing propaganda on 19:58 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Provide another. It's been well documented I don't click Daily Mail links.

FWIW Callis, it was hard for me to save for my first house and I did have to buy somewhere that wasn't an ideal location to say the least (although great for parking for PR) but I have to admit that exponential price growth has enabled me to move to a far nicer place and location, but that's to the detriment of folks like you, I wouldn't want to be starting out on the housing ladder right now.

But to be honest, those of us that have had the increase have to realise that without first time buyers we are all affected as the chain generally starts with ftb, without them the knock on effect means its harder for those of us wanting to move. So as good as house price growth is, their will be a bottle neck at some point regardless of govt ponzi schemes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024