Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94649 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 20:07 - Jul 17 with 3010 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 19:58 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Provide another. It's been well documented I don't click Daily Mail links.

It is an article from 04 time talking about the crisis for 1st time buyers. As I explained earlier these experts have been saying it since 03. If we all listened no one would have got anywhere. You are also only 7 years difference to me so you have had opportunities and doesn't simply come down to so called privilege

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 20:08 - Jul 17 with 3014 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:04 - Jul 17 by jaseitfc

No doubt these people are clueless c*nts but they are a minority (I hope)

Well there's one who's been trying to help me get on the housing market for most of this thread by showing me how easy it is and how low the bar really is (as Corbyn is making all this stuff about housing up apparently). Sadly he's not had much luck so far finding anything.

LOL.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:10 - Jul 17 with 3008 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:05 - Jul 17 by hype313

FWIW Callis, it was hard for me to save for my first house and I did have to buy somewhere that wasn't an ideal location to say the least (although great for parking for PR) but I have to admit that exponential price growth has enabled me to move to a far nicer place and location, but that's to the detriment of folks like you, I wouldn't want to be starting out on the housing ladder right now.

But to be honest, those of us that have had the increase have to realise that without first time buyers we are all affected as the chain generally starts with ftb, without them the knock on effect means its harder for those of us wanting to move. So as good as house price growth is, their will be a bottle neck at some point regardless of govt ponzi schemes.

Yeah it has to swing the other way eventually. We're hitting a point where wealth is getting quite close to Victorian times (exaggeration BTW, but you know what I mean).

I just find it dull being called the "Something for nothing" generation when, let's be totally honest, sitting on a house as it rockets in value is to a tee. Even worse are these people making a living renting out hundreds of houses. "Landlord" should be side gig for people who want to help others for some incentive, not a means to make a living exploiting people.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:13 - Jul 17 with 3001 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:07 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

It is an article from 04 time talking about the crisis for 1st time buyers. As I explained earlier these experts have been saying it since 03. If we all listened no one would have got anywhere. You are also only 7 years difference to me so you have had opportunities and doesn't simply come down to so called privilege

When did you buy your first home?

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:13 - Jul 17 with 2992 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 20:08 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Well there's one who's been trying to help me get on the housing market for most of this thread by showing me how easy it is and how low the bar really is (as Corbyn is making all this stuff about housing up apparently). Sadly he's not had much luck so far finding anything.

LOL.

You only need 1 and you have been shown more than 1. It is all odd considering your privilege at being 25 ish around 2011/12

More housing propaganda on 20:14 - Jul 17 with 2997 viewsjaseitfc

More housing propaganda on 20:08 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

LOL.

Another question for another thread perhaps but why are we brits obsessed with the dream of buying- In Germany and many other EU countries many people seem content with renting but perhaps those countries have more generous welfare programmes for retirees ?
More housing propaganda on 20:16 - Jul 17 with 2989 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:13 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

You only need 1 and you have been shown more than 1. It is all odd considering your privilege at being 25 ish around 2011/12

You’ve not actually shown me anything I can own and live in.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 2981 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:14 - Jul 17 by jaseitfc

Another question for another thread perhaps but why are we brits obsessed with the dream of buying- In Germany and many other EU countries many people seem content with renting but perhaps those countries have more generous welfare programmes for retirees ?

In all fairness I am not fussed mostly. Would be nice to have an asset for the future but I’m not dying to buy. It’s the principle that annoys me, on top of folk like Truce who makes things up to justify some weird agenda against facts.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 20:18 - Jul 17 with 2971 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 20:13 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

When did you buy your first home?

2003. I made 30k by doing it up and by the market going up but the next house I sold for less. I have made the most on my current house that i bought in 2012. As I said that makes you the privileged generation or the ones before me.

More housing propaganda on 20:20 - Jul 17 with 2972 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a bizarre article. I haven't read the thread as it'll presumably be full of people telling Callis he doesn't realise how lucky he has it and that they had to live in a dustbin for 80 years before their first house share with 18 generations of the same family....

But that article . Imagine having to "sacrifice" your £150 gym membership to "survive" on £70k per year . Top trolling bantz innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More housing propaganda on 20:31 - Jul 17 with 2954 viewsTractorWood

More housing propaganda on 20:20 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

What a bizarre article. I haven't read the thread as it'll presumably be full of people telling Callis he doesn't realise how lucky he has it and that they had to live in a dustbin for 80 years before their first house share with 18 generations of the same family....

But that article . Imagine having to "sacrifice" your £150 gym membership to "survive" on £70k per year . Top trolling bantz innit.

Agree and same. Can't put myself through 9 pages. It does lack self awareness but it does also highlight the bubble some people in London live in.

I did enjoy the passage about not needing a red jacket and the absolute revelation that was not buying a red jacket that wasn't needed.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

More housing propaganda on 20:34 - Jul 17 with 2944 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:18 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

2003. I made 30k by doing it up and by the market going up but the next house I sold for less. I have made the most on my current house that i bought in 2012. As I said that makes you the privileged generation or the ones before me.

2003. I was leaving school in 2003 to go to college.

So you got on the market literally just before house prices rocketed.

That's called privilege mate, hate to break it to you. There's no harm in admitting it. Luck plays a part in almost all successes, my own included. The difference is owning them rather than trying to engineer some imaginary narrative to validate your own self worth.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 20:38 - Jul 17 with 2925 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 20:34 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

That's called privilege mate, hate to break it to you. There's no harm in admitting it. Luck plays a part in almost all successes, my own included. The difference is owning them rather than trying to engineer some imaginary narrative to validate your own self worth.

But you are wrong and seemingly not reading. The market rocketed before 03. 03/04 was seen as the peak and talked about as a 1st time buyer crisis.

I am talking about the fact that I sold in 06 and bought again but the market crashed if you remember so the 2012 level was less than 05/06. It also had much lower interest rates than 03 04 etc and the crash had happen and those from before had gone through it. You could buy in 12 at low prices with low interest rates and the boom has been since then. You had the real privilege

More housing propaganda on 20:56 - Jul 17 with 2908 viewsSwansea_Blue

More housing propaganda on 20:31 - Jul 17 by TractorWood

Agree and same. Can't put myself through 9 pages. It does lack self awareness but it does also highlight the bubble some people in London live in.

I did enjoy the passage about not needing a red jacket and the absolute revelation that was not buying a red jacket that wasn't needed.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the one living in a bubble. You could get a decent house on £70 k over here. Or a flock of 2,000 sheep.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More housing propaganda on 20:58 - Jul 17 with 2901 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 20:31 - Jul 17 by TractorWood

The article is from a series where they talk to different people with different incomes.

More housing propaganda on 21:04 - Jul 17 with 2894 viewssoupytwist

My wife is about to become the head teacher of a secondary school, as well as being responsible for a primary school and she will earning about that much. That lady has a very well paid job for her age, and presumably the level of responsibility.
More housing propaganda on 21:08 - Jul 17 with 2891 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 20:38 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

But you are wrong and seemingly not reading. The market rocketed before 03. 03/04 was seen as the peak and talked about as a 1st time buyer crisis.

I am talking about the fact that I sold in 06 and bought again but the market crashed if you remember so the 2012 level was less than 05/06. It also had much lower interest rates than 03 04 etc and the crash had happen and those from before had gone through it. You could buy in 12 at low prices with low interest rates and the boom has been since then. You had the real privilege

You got on the ladder as it started to peak if you got on in 2003. Literally the last window. Prices haven’t come down to as low since.

Not sure how much slower it needs to be said.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 21:24 - Jul 17 with 2871 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 21:08 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You got on the ladder as it started to peak if you got on in 2003. Literally the last window. Prices haven’t come down to as low since.

Not sure how much slower it needs to be said.

The boom was before this. https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/housing-index
Not sure you can read a graph. I was late 03 it dips down again to almost the same levels at multiple pints

More housing propaganda on 21:34 - Jul 17 with 2867 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 21:24 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

The boom was before this. https://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/housing-index
Not sure you can read a graph. I was late 03 it dips down again to almost the same levels at multiple pints

I can read a graph, even by late 03 standards it hasn’t dropped to that level. And the rest of the graph after that drop, well that just p1sses further over your argument.

It’s my fault though for being poor last time it saw a dip.

*sings* And that’s how privilege woooooooorks!

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 21:36 - Jul 17 with 2858 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 21:34 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I can read a graph, even by late 03 standards it hasn’t dropped to that level. And the rest of the graph after that drop, well that just p1sses further over your argument.

My 2012 stacks up rather well as so does 2003 when you factor in interest rates and the crash. You had it so good

More housing propaganda on 21:38 - Jul 17 with 2859 viewsm14_blue

More housing propaganda on 21:36 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

My 2012 stacks up rather well as so does 2003 when you factor in interest rates and the crash. You had it so good

You two have got some stamina
More housing propaganda on 21:44 - Jul 17 with 2851 viewsjimmyvet

More housing propaganda on 21:36 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Why are you going over and over on the same subject with these lefties who just moan and groan about others good fortune when they allegedly have none and the whole word is stacked against them. If you work hard make sacrifices of course you can buy a house and better yourself in life...or you can moan your tits off blame the nasty tories and get nowhere in life........ its called choices!
More housing propaganda on 22:03 - Jul 17 with 2838 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 21:44 - Jul 17 by jimmyvet

Why are you going over and over on the same subject with these lefties who just moan and groan about others good fortune when they allegedly have none and the whole word is stacked against them. If you work hard make sacrifices of course you can buy a house and better yourself in life...or you can moan your tits off blame the nasty tories and get nowhere in life........ its called choices!

Hi Bloo!

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 05:46 - Jul 18 with 2732 viewsBenters2

More housing propaganda on 20:34 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You make your own luck chap.

Still all those times you didnt pay for rail tickets you should be loaded.
More housing propaganda on 07:37 - Jul 18 with 2826 viewsBorisOrTrevor

More housing propaganda on 21:34 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Privilege? Honestly if you are illustrative of your generation/era we slightly older ones are all fooked. What a waste of time thread.

BOT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024