Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... 14:15 - Jul 17 with 2156 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Consistently one of our best players last year, especially near the end of the season where he had a bit of freedom pushing forwards slightly more.

Anyone who thinks he shouldn't be in the team needs their head tested
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 14:16]

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:17 - Jul 17 with 2148 viewsBlueBadger

Personally I suspect it's because Skuse, like Knudsen and, to a lesser extent, Chambers is seen by a few extremists as a 'Mick player' and they can't bear the thought that another manager may very well see fit to play him as part of their plans of the club because he's a decent player, in the role he's asked to fulfil.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 14:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:23 - Jul 17 with 2119 viewsAlexGreen

I'd be amazed if the players he's referring to are Chambers or Skuse to be honest - I bet you they'll both be in the starting line-up for the first game and we still really need their experience and influence. More likely related to the likes of Bishop (which would be such a shame) and yeah some of Drinian / Folami / Kenlock IMHO.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 16:06]

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:26 - Jul 17 with 2103 viewsBenters2

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:17 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Personally I suspect it's because Skuse, like Knudsen and, to a lesser extent, Chambers is seen by a few extremists as a 'Mick player' and they can't bear the thought that another manager may very well see fit to play him as part of their plans of the club because he's a decent player, in the role he's asked to fulfil.

'Extremists'?

TGM.

TN.
Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:32 - Jul 17 with 2085 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd love it if PH played Skuse in a more positive team, and he stepped it up a few gears to be an ever-present in the side. But, he seriously needs to up his all round game. Everyone goes on about how many interceptions he makes, and how he reads the game......that's it. Needs to do more......show for the ball, on the half turn, move the ball quicker.

Each to their own though.
Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:33 - Jul 17 with 2080 viewsbraveblue

Please test my head.

One goal per 100 games from central midfield says it all. He is negative in everything he does. Hurst will see this and move him on.
Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:04 - Jul 17 with 2012 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:33 - Jul 17 by braveblue

Please test my head.

One goal per 100 games from central midfield says it all. He is negative in everything he does. Hurst will see this and move him on.

He's a holding midfielder what are you expecting??

you don't see Busquets scoring 10-15 goals a season, because primarily similar to Skuse his job is to break up play, protect the back 4 and win the ball. Maybe if the previous managers tactic of playing 8 at the back didn't exist it wouldn't of looked as bad as it did at times, meaning Skuse had no space or time to show for the ball, have no doubt technically he is very good on the ball.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:07 - Jul 17 with 2003 viewsDanFord

Please test my head.

If you're going to have a go at Skuse then at least call out Bart. Never scored a single goal and played more than 100 games. Utterly pathetic strike rate.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:15 - Jul 17 with 1981 viewsBlueBadger

Please test my head.

'He is negative in everything he does'
Archer-Level self-awareness here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:29 - Jul 17 with 1951 viewsMrTown

He is not consistently one of our best players, but Skuse is very consistent at what he does well which is what you need in the role he plays. To make Skuse a more adventurous player would take away from what he brings to the team.

Skuse must remaIn how he plays but its the people around him who need to be more adventurous.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:33 - Jul 17 with 1928 viewsjudespiveyg

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't think he's very good. I couldn't care less if he was one of Mick's men, I don't think he has the correct qualities for a centre midfielder. Slow, doesn't pass and move, doesn't create chances, doesn't score (I don't care if that's 'not his job', centre mids generally manage 2 or 3 goals a season at least), not an especially good tackler for a defensive midfielder either.

I'm not saying I'm right (I'm not a football analyst) and I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, but I don't think he's good enough, and that has nothing to do with Mick.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 18:16 - Jul 17 with 1783 viewsBlueBadger

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 15:33 - Jul 17 by judespiveyg

Or maybe, just maybe, they don't think he's very good. I couldn't care less if he was one of Mick's men, I don't think he has the correct qualities for a centre midfielder. Slow, doesn't pass and move, doesn't create chances, doesn't score (I don't care if that's 'not his job', centre mids generally manage 2 or 3 goals a season at least), not an especially good tackler for a defensive midfielder either.

I'm not saying I'm right (I'm not a football analyst) and I'm sure he's a lovely bloke, but I don't think he's good enough, and that has nothing to do with Mick.

Skuse is what he is. He's the bloke who sits in front of the back four, ideally distributing to players making forward runs. He can't do that if, as has happened in recent season, he's been paired with the likes of Hyam and Douglas. He's your classical water carrier. He's not there to look 'good' he's there to let others BE good.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:18]

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 18:21 - Jul 17 with 1773 viewsBenters2

Please test my head.

Yeah but it isnt his job to score!
Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 18:27 - Jul 17 with 1754 viewsBlueBadger

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 14:23 - Jul 17 by AlexGreen

I'd be amazed if the players he's referring to are Chambers or Skuse to be honest - I bet you they'll both be in the starting line-up for the first game and we still really need their experience and influence. More likely related to the likes of Bishop (which would be such a shame) and yeah some of Drinian / Folami / Kenlock IMHO.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 16:06]

Yeah, most likely some of the fringe types or someone like Spence, who, lets's face it is honest but very limited. I can't see many of last season's regulars that remain getting tarred with the 'not as professional as they could be' brush.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 18:47]

Can't believe all the stick Skuse is getting... on 18:31 - Jul 17 with 1739 viewsWickets

Please test my head.

What part of being a holding midfielder do you not understand?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024