Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 15:50 - Jul 17 with 10257 viewsunstableblue

... EU and Japan have just signed the worlds largest ever bi-laterall free trade deal.

Japanese business was one of the loudest foreign proponents of Remain.

UK was Japan's beach head in to Europe.. car manufacturing, high tech and banking... high quality jobs.

This is BAD news if we leave the EU.

Europe is aligning with the good countries of the world.... and we're stuck with Trump protectionist lies.

PLEASE CAN WE GIVE UP THIS FOLLY

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:00 - Jul 17 with 3556 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 19:53 - Jul 17 by Currie10

The trouble with the average remoaner is wanting a second referendum and not accepting it's happening.

Oh, and throwing as many names as possible to the MORE people that voted to leave this shambolic union to boot.

Brexiteers are basically the bloke who's shat himself in public, whilst looking his neighbours in the eye and is now trying to brazen it out and claim they totally intended to do that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:00 - Jul 17 with 3555 viewsunstableblue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 19:39 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

All of my posts make complete sense maybe politics is more your game?

I didn't see that but that is the kind of sh*t that should be forced into the homes of the brexiteers. How they were able to vote for this without any information of the consequences is beyond ridiculous. We shouldn't have given the nation a vote without the info
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 19:44]

It’s a bit like giving the UK masses a referendum on a mandate of: a) do you want to have unlimited free booze on the state, and only work 2 days a week or b) work 5 days a week and only 25 days holiday and you have to pay for booze which is taxed?

One leads to economic ruin and mental
Health crisis... but the masses would go one way!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:03 - Jul 17 with 3543 viewspickles110564

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 19:39 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

All of my posts make complete sense maybe politics is more your game?

I didn't see that but that is the kind of sh*t that should be forced into the homes of the brexiteers. How they were able to vote for this without any information of the consequences is beyond ridiculous. We shouldn't have given the nation a vote without the info
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 19:44]

We shouldn't have given the nation a vote without the info - You did it was called project fear which you got all wrong.
You said we would lose loads of jobs as soon as we voted out, why then is unemployment at its lowest ever?
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:19 - Jul 17 with 3514 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 18:20 - Jul 17 by SpruceMoose

"I still think long-term this is a fantastic decision for this country. "

Because...

Is it '....because I'm a bit of a xenophobe'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:21 - Jul 17 with 3505 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 18:38 - Jul 17 by Darth_Koont

Because long-term we'll all be dead so people can promise anything now.

The idea that a decision will be good when it clearly isn't now, in the medium term or looking objectively at the long term is an interesting one. I suppose the next step is to argue that that there's no such thing as a bad decision or that we should do this because it's somehow our fate.

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:23 - Jul 17 with 3502 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 19:53 - Jul 17 by connorscontract

When you voted Leave, did you vote to break The Good Friday Agreement or not?

If you didn't, is breaking The Good Friday Agreement a price worth paying for a Hard Brexit, in your opinion?

I think the answer to this starts 'no surrender....'

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:24 - Jul 17 with 3497 viewsBluefish

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:03 - Jul 17 by pickles110564

We shouldn't have given the nation a vote without the info - You did it was called project fear which you got all wrong.
You said we would lose loads of jobs as soon as we voted out, why then is unemployment at its lowest ever?

Sorry about this but not sure I want to engage with you.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:25 - Jul 17 with 3494 viewspickles110564

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:24 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Sorry about this but not sure I want to engage with you.

Finally you agree i am right Thank You.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:26 - Jul 17 with 3493 viewsBluefish

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:00 - Jul 17 by unstableblue

It’s a bit like giving the UK masses a referendum on a mandate of: a) do you want to have unlimited free booze on the state, and only work 2 days a week or b) work 5 days a week and only 25 days holiday and you have to pay for booze which is taxed?

One leads to economic ruin and mental
Health crisis... but the masses would go one way!

Completely agree I used virtually the same anology on here the other week

Brexiteers have no answer to it.

A genius thing they did was coin the phrase project fear while chucking out lie after lie. It left remain completely stumped

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:28 - Jul 17 with 3488 viewsBluefish

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:25 - Jul 17 by pickles110564

Finally you agree i am right Thank You.

Nope I just don't think you are capable and I am sure posters from both sides would agree

Feel free to prove me wrong with measured points weighing things up and I will discuss

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:39 - Jul 17 with 3471 viewsBluedanW

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:03 - Jul 17 by pickles110564

No info? I bet to differ! Every household in the UK had a brochure that explained everything. It told us all about how bad brexit would be and how the world would end! The people of the UK saw through the propaganda! Funny now the leavers are being told they didn't know what they were voting for! They apparently didn't realise they were voting to leave the customs union or the single market! £9M spent informing us of these things! I'm sorry but how can they complain about overspending on the leave campaign when this extortionate amount of public spending money was spent on the remain campaign?
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 3463 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 18:16 - Jul 17 by Currie10

No.

We voted, and it's happening.

When the hell will people get it into their heads.

Sure, there is going to be a massive magnitude of reasons probably stretching to 132879132879132 why short term at least it might not be the wisest decision.

Granted, negotiations for us leaving are going badly and another stick for the remain people to knock the leave lot over the head with.

Anyone with half a brain cell would have seen that coming though. We voted leave, we're negotiating - I don't think any of the countries staying are likely to help us............

I still think long-term this is a fantastic decision for this country.

I also believe with us leaving, I can well see others leaving in the next 5-10 years.

No doubt various people will mock me and collect up arrows with fellow remainers but hey ho. Cest la vie ( good song )

What’s happening? Please define “it”. And if you can come up with an answer, please can you let the PM know as she seems to be struggling. Thanks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 21:46 - Jul 17 with 3426 viewsjimmyvet

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 18:31 - Jul 17 by WD19

Don't believe it I voted remain but would now vote leave...the behaviour of the establishment across Europe has left me completely aghast and the sooner we leave this failing club the better.
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 21:49 - Jul 17 with 3421 viewsBluefish

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 21:46 - Jul 17 by jimmyvet

Don't believe it I voted remain but would now vote leave...the behaviour of the establishment across Europe has left me completely aghast and the sooner we leave this failing club the better.

If Scotland had left the UK would you have let them walk away debt free?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 22:03 - Jul 17 with 3405 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 21:46 - Jul 17 by jimmyvet

Eh? What do you mean by the "behaviour of the establishment across Europe". From what I've seen they've been organised, prompt, presented a united front and calmly got on with protecting their interests (as you would expect any leader to do). Meanwhile, we have.......?

Or do you mean not related to Brexit; is this Greek hangover thing?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 06:23 - Jul 18 with 3332 viewsCurrie10

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 20:19 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

Is it '....because I'm a bit of a xenophobe'?

Standard limited left wing dull name calling remainer..... really is tiresome how embarrassing you lot are
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 07:19 - Jul 18 with 3315 viewsWithnail

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 06:23 - Jul 18 by Currie10

Standard limited left wing dull name calling remainer..... really is tiresome how embarrassing you lot are

They don't seem to be able to grasp that the name calling was the reason for many people to vote leave.

But carry on, it amuses me.
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 08:30 - Jul 18 with 3272 viewsm14_blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 06:23 - Jul 18 by Currie10

Yeah, it is pretty annoying when people make sweeping generalisations about roughly half of the population isn't it?
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 08:32 - Jul 18 with 3268 viewsm14_blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 07:19 - Jul 18 by Withnail

They don't seem to be able to grasp that the name calling was the reason for many people to vote leave.

If that's true then those people need to have a long, hard look at themselves.

Making a decision that will have a huge impact on their children and grandchildren's futures because they didn't like being called names by the nasty men on the internet??

That really is next level snowflaking.
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 08:59 - Jul 18 with 3248 viewsnoggin

Incredible.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:10 - Jul 18 with 3237 viewsBluedanW

What I'm failing to understand how the Japanese have managed to secure a trade deal free of tariffs and with no freedom of movement! I'm sure that was impossible according to the EU and all the remoaners! So why can't we have a similar deal? Oh yes I remember it's the EU trying to punish us for daring to leave their corrupt organisation! Th3y make FIFA look trustworthy!
Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:18 - Jul 18 with 3229 viewsBluefish

No it wasn't. I have no idea why this crap is allowed to be continued. Brexit was to stop people that looked or sounded different from coming into the country en masse because a 1/3 of the population felt uncomfortable around them. They felt so strongly that they campaigned and voted to do significant financial damage to the country.

Let's stop pretending now and just call it as it is

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:25 - Jul 18 with 3207 viewsnoggin

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:18 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

No it wasn't. I have no idea why this crap is allowed to be continued. Brexit was to stop people that looked or sounded different from coming into the country en masse because a 1/3 of the population felt uncomfortable around them. They felt so strongly that they campaigned and voted to do significant financial damage to the country.

Let's stop pretending now and just call it as it is

And a large number probably have very little contact with foreigners. Little England types.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:38 - Jul 18 with 3188 viewsDarth_Koont

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:10 - Jul 18 by BluedanW

What I'm failing to understand how the Japanese have managed to secure a trade deal free of tariffs and with no freedom of movement! I'm sure that was impossible according to the EU and all the remoaners! So why can't we have a similar deal? Oh yes I remember it's the EU trying to punish us for daring to leave their corrupt organisation! Th3y make FIFA look trustworthy!

Because a free trade agreement isn't a massive step on its own. It's a reciprocal agreement to not apply tariffs but all the other trade barriers still exist.

If we're talking about the frictionless movement of goods and services then we'd be a part of the customs union and the single market. That means accepting freedom of movement.

Going from where we are now to having new trade barriers in place will pretty much guarantee a drop in GDP and may even cripple some of our high-tech industries and services. It also doesn't address the Irish border question in any way, shape or form.

If you look at this from the perspective of the UK trying to punish ourselves then it's far easier to understand.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:40 - Jul 18 with 3184 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit as a complete feck up reason number 1826 on 09:10 - Jul 18 by BluedanW

That's quite simple. The freedom of movement of people matter often discussed (at least on here) relates to the membership of the EU or buying into being part of the main EU trading bloc - the Single Market - as it is currently structured. There's nothing stopping countries having other trade deals with the EU without freedom of movement of people included, if that's what all parties agree on. The EU already have many tens of such agreements.

And with respect of this Japan deal, if the EU can get this it to come into force before we leave next March we will then be included in it during the transition period and it would help us secure our own deal down the line with Japan. Doesn't sound like much of a punishment to me. If they wanted to be complete bastards they could hold off until March 30th.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024