Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the subject of mortgages.... 19:06 - Jul 17 with 4549 viewsBluefish

I actually need a bit of advice.

My fixed period is coming to an end so i started researching, the complication is that I haven't ruled out moving but the house i want might not come up for years. I also haven't ruled out a large extension. I decided to give myself some freedom but I also decided to fix for a long time because I can only see interest rates going up. I also chose to put my term down to 10 years to make overpaying easier

This led me to the Coventry and a 5 year fixed without a redemption penalty. There is an option to borrow extra but also a product fee of 599. Against a 2 year fixed elsewhere it was about 50 per month different but I figured it was worth it especially if rates go up in 2 years.

I have now leant far more towards not moving and doing an even bigger extension than planned. This might mean putting the term up again. Should I abort this mortgage quick and look again?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:31 - Jul 17 with 1425 viewsBluefish

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:28 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

HI MY NAME IS TRUCE AND I STILL DON’T UNDERSTAND THE MAIN BARRIER TO HOUSE OWNERSHIP IS THE ENTRY LEVEL.

I was poor in 2011, for your reference. But thanks for the advice. I’ll be sure to hand it on to 2011 Callis who couldn’t afford to pay his utility bills in one go.

Oooh capitals!

But hold on you have thrown privilege at mean repeatedly because of the year that I was born. Not once have we included wealth or overheads so surely you have to accept your privilege as well? I would actually say I had to tougher considering the interest rates and crashes that I have been through

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:35 - Jul 17 with 1414 viewsmonytowbray

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:31 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Oooh capitals!

But hold on you have thrown privilege at mean repeatedly because of the year that I was born. Not once have we included wealth or overheads so surely you have to accept your privilege as well? I would actually say I had to tougher considering the interest rates and crashes that I have been through

I do. See other thread.

Stop being such a snowflake and admit privilege exists. You'll be a better person for it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:40 - Jul 17 with 1407 viewsBluefish

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I do. See other thread.

Stop being such a snowflake and admit privilege exists. You'll be a better person for it.

But as I have explained the privilege was for those older than me. I have done it the hard way and made it work. I haven't cried about it constantly i got on with it despite missing the biggest boom, facing high intetest rates and going through a market crash. I had 3 kids throughout this and at one put saw My wages half

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:51 - Jul 17 with 1393 viewsJ2BLUE

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:35 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I do. See other thread.

Is the privilege he should check simply being able to buy a house?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:53 - Jul 17 with 1391 viewsBluefish

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:51 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

Is the privilege he should check simply being able to buy a house?

Yes apparently my 7 years extra on him equals privilege that he can throw at me at will.

Nothing cries out Corbyn cult more than that

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:57 - Jul 17 with 1386 viewsJ2BLUE

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:53 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Yes apparently my 7 years extra on him equals privilege that he can throw at me at will.

Nothing cries out Corbyn cult more than that

It's slightly odd when he doesn't have any idea how you managed to buy.

Truly impaired.

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:00 - Jul 17 with 1372 viewsBluefish

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:57 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

It's slightly odd when he doesn't have any idea how you managed to buy.

He told me that He already knows that I got a deposit from my parents.......except i didn't. I did things the hard way

Perhaps all poster born before 1985 should be forced to crowd fund him a deposit to make up for their privilege. Doesn't matter of their situation because they were born then. Also doesn't matter that 2012 was cheaper he has been hard done by and everyone is wrong.

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:04 - Jul 17 with 1361 viewsJ2BLUE

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:00 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

He told me that He already knows that I got a deposit from my parents.......except i didn't. I did things the hard way

Perhaps all poster born before 1985 should be forced to crowd fund him a deposit to make up for their privilege. Doesn't matter of their situation because they were born then. Also doesn't matter that 2012 was cheaper he has been hard done by and everyone is wrong.

I have some sympathy for his view, I just think it's a bit odd to assume people didn't get there by hard work.

I got a lot of help if i'm honest. Fook knows where i'd be without it.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:11 - Jul 17 with 1348 viewsmonytowbray

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:00 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

LOL now he’s telling people I said stuff that wasn’t even me.

He’s not had a great day on here J2, he’s had more holes in his posts than a piece of swiss cheese.

He bought just before the housing prices sky rocketed, that was the difference J2. And now he thinks 40% equity in a one bed box flat is the same opportunities afforded to him 16 years ago.

TWTD never forgets…

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:13 - Jul 17 with 1339 viewsmonytowbray

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:04 - Jul 17 by J2BLUE

I have some sympathy for his view, I just think it's a bit odd to assume people didn't get there by hard work.

I got a lot of help if i'm honest. Fook knows where i'd be without it.

I didn’t assume anyone got a house for lack of hard work. Never said that in my life. I’ve just stated the same level of hard work and sacrifice before the housing market went mad won’t get you as far, if anywhere, now.

That’s why I told him he’s in a position of privilege. Which he is. No harm in admitting it but he’s gone all snowflake on me

TWTD never forgets…

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:38 - Jul 17 with 1328 viewsIllinoisblue

On the subject of mortgages.... on 20:05 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I think you should check your privilege. That'll probably sort it all out.

privilege, as you know, is a loaded word with meaning beyond what you're talking about. Luck of the draw would be a better term, although that's not really accurate either.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:44 - Jul 17 with 1319 viewsJ2BLUE

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:13 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I didn’t assume anyone got a house for lack of hard work. Never said that in my life. I’ve just stated the same level of hard work and sacrifice before the housing market went mad won’t get you as far, if anywhere, now.

That’s why I told him he’s in a position of privilege. Which he is. No harm in admitting it but he’s gone all snowflake on me

You could say that about anything though. Don't you now have a well paying job you enjoy? Met your partner? etc etc.

Truly impaired.

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:44 - Jul 17 with 1319 viewsSeablu

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:11 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

He’s not had a great day on here J2, he’s had more holes in his posts than a piece of swiss cheese.

He bought just before the housing prices sky rocketed, that was the difference J2. And now he thinks 40% equity in a one bed box flat is the same opportunities afforded to him 16 years ago.

I should just drop it now.
Those of us with property have achieved it through privilege, we've got the message.
I am amazed that you are actually still employed given the amount of time you can dedicate to twitter, TWTD & wherever else you go to win internet points. Bemoaning your lot in life and arguing the toss about everything shouldn't be earning you a penny.
Knuckle down, do some overtime, save some money & switch your feckin' phone off when you're supposed to be working.
You'd be right on my radar if I had the misfortune to employ you.
On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:48 - Jul 17 with 1310 viewsBluefish

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:11 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I'm done with this now. You haven't got a house and I have, it has nothing to do with when I was born and I didn't get any help along the way. Live with the envy or do something about it. There are no excuses.

On the subject of mortgages.... on 22:02 - Jul 17 with 1280 viewsmonytowbray

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:44 - Jul 17 by Seablu

I should just drop it now.
Those of us with property have achieved it through privilege, we've got the message.
I am amazed that you are actually still employed given the amount of time you can dedicate to twitter, TWTD & wherever else you go to win internet points. Bemoaning your lot in life and arguing the toss about everything shouldn't be earning you a penny.
Knuckle down, do some overtime, save some money & switch your feckin' phone off when you're supposed to be working.
You'd be right on my radar if I had the misfortune to employ you.

If that’s the case I’ll have Truce’s house, he’s on here far more in the day than I am when I need a break from my brain exploding.

TWTD never forgets…

On the subject of mortgages.... on 22:05 - Jul 17 with 1275 viewsmonytowbray

On the subject of mortgages.... on 21:48 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I'm done with this now. You haven't got a house and I have, it has nothing to do with when I was born and I didn't get any help along the way. Live with the envy or do something about it. There are no excuses.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

TWTD never forgets…

On the subject of mortgages.... on 03:27 - Jul 18 with 1203 viewsconnorscontract

On the subject of mortgages.... on 19:11 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

People commute?? Surely we all work at home now?

My next door neighbour is the Town Crier. He put in for flexible working because of his arthritis, and is allowed to work from home.

Bloody nightmare! What a din! Mind you, on the plus side it meant I was the first person to find out Biggins is turning on the Christmas lights.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024