Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets 16:41 - Jul 18 with 4017 viewsIllinoisblue

very good support. How many did we sell? Have to assume if it was a good number it would have been shouted out by the club...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 16:46 - Jul 18 with 3989 viewsSwansea_Blue

Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 16:46 - Jul 18 with 4001 viewsSteve_M

Indeed.

Although Forest will usually start the season well, having spent a load of money over the Summer, before dragging themselves into the usual miasma of tedium by Spring and change the manager yet again and repeating the following year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 16:51 - Jul 18 with 3956 viewshomer_123

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 16:46 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

Def info.

As many as 14?

I reckon it will be single digits to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 17:22 - Jul 18 with 3848 viewsRomeo4

Looks like Forest have priced their season tickets a bit more favourably than ours.

Not saying we could have got anywhere near the 20,000 mark but I'm sure we could have sold a few more than we have.

Unfortunately once the Early Bird deal expired there was no price incentive to buy an ITFC season ticket. Assuming matchday tickets remain at around £25 and that the club continues to do the occasional lower price promotion games, it works out cheaper to buy tickets on a game by game basis.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 17:52 - Jul 18 with 3718 viewsIllinoisblue

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 17:22 - Jul 18 by Romeo4

Looks like Forest have priced their season tickets a bit more favourably than ours.

Not saying we could have got anywhere near the 20,000 mark but I'm sure we could have sold a few more than we have.

Unfortunately once the Early Bird deal expired there was no price incentive to buy an ITFC season ticket. Assuming matchday tickets remain at around £25 and that the club continues to do the occasional lower price promotion games, it works out cheaper to buy tickets on a game by game basis.

think the club missed a trick by not going with a Bradford/Huddersfield style 200 quid STs. Could have cashed in the post-Mick euphoria.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 17:56 - Jul 18 with 3705 viewsHerbivore

It'll be a shade up on last year I imagine, between 11k and 12k. The club should reopen the early bird deal for 2 weeks from Friday to see if they can tempt a few more in, maybe alongside the announcement of a new signing. Might lure another few hundred and it's all money towards the budget.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 19:19 - Jul 18 with 3509 viewsRomeo4

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 17:52 - Jul 18 by Illinoisblue

think the club missed a trick by not going with a Bradford/Huddersfield style 200 quid STs. Could have cashed in the post-Mick euphoria.

The club didn’t have to go as far as that. Just maintaining the early bird price or even a little higher would have provided an incentive.

Forest’s early bird price was frozen from last season with the cheapest ticket being £330. Even now at full price their cheapest ticket is still only £370 (£16 per game). A bit different from our equivalent early bird price of c.£370 which now costs £544 at full price (£23.65 per game).

Unfortunately ITFC seem happy to maintain the status quo of hardcore support and not attempt to entice returning or new supporters. This close season was an ideal opportunity to be a bit creative and capitalise on the positive vibe created by a management change.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 21:01 - Jul 18 with 3354 viewsSouperJim

Blub. I reckon Forest splashing a gazillion pounds in the transfer market might have something to do with it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 22:36 - Jul 18 with 3209 viewsHerbivore

I mean it could also just be that they're a club from a big city and have a richer history than us too. Let's be real, Forest should get bigger crowds than us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 23:03 - Jul 18 with 3160 viewsRomeo4

Agree with you both. Just feel that Town don’t help by setting the prices so high.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 06:20 - Jul 19 with 3026 viewsBenters2

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 23:03 - Jul 18 by Romeo4

Agree with you both. Just feel that Town don’t help by setting the prices so high.

See now that is the problem so many people have walked away and found better things to do.

Losing 3k-4k season ticket holders in 2 seasons i cant see those all rushing back.

I think the club should have increased the 'Early Bird' deal right up to a month before the first game.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 06:56 - Jul 19 with 2988 viewsBenters2

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 16:46 - Jul 18 by Steve_M

Indeed.

Although Forest will usually start the season well, having spent a load of money over the Summer, before dragging themselves into the usual miasma of tedium by Spring and change the manager yet again and repeating the following year.

Not sure what that has to do with selling 20'000 season tickets.

See also Derby i guess.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:03 - Jul 19 with 2973 viewschristiand

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 22:36 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

I mean it could also just be that they're a club from a big city and have a richer history than us too. Let's be real, Forest should get bigger crowds than us.

Which they do generally. The fanbase is there, they might have spent a few million this summer, but on the whole their crowds are always pretty decent. Last season their average home attendance was 24,680, that's 8,000+ than us. As you say, Nottingham is a city and one that it very passionate about its football clubs.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:21 - Jul 19 with 2941 viewsSteve_M

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 06:56 - Jul 19 by Benters2

Not sure what that has to do with selling 20'000 season tickets.

See also Derby i guess.

Mainly that they start the season with optimism, convinced each one is going to be better than the last. Then it isn't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:49 - Jul 19 with 2904 viewstrncbluearmy

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:03 - Jul 19 by christiand

Which they do generally. The fanbase is there, they might have spent a few million this summer, but on the whole their crowds are always pretty decent. Last season their average home attendance was 24,680, that's 8,000+ than us. As you say, Nottingham is a city and one that it very passionate about its football clubs.

Pop Nottingham 289000,Ipswich 133000
Notts County are quite poorly supported.
Wouldn't say they are more passionate about their clubs,in fact given what ITFC fans have had to put up it`s a miracle we get crowds approaching 20000.
Maybe given the changes at ITFC we will be back up to above 20000 this season.

We do seem to have the ability to do ourselves down when given our proximity to London and the increasing overspill into traditional Ipswich areas we still do pretty well.

Agee, as usual the season ticket promotion was botched
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 09:19 - Jul 19 with 2800 viewschristiand

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:49 - Jul 19 by trncbluearmy

Wouldn't say they are more passionate about their clubs,in fact given what ITFC fans have had to put up it`s a miracle we get crowds approaching 20000.

We do seem to have the ability to do ourselves down when given our proximity to London and the increasing overspill into traditional Ipswich areas we still do pretty well.

All very defensive and protective about Ipswich, which wasn't my intention but the fact is as you rightly point out Nottingham is a city and has more than double Ipswich's population. In addition, it is very much a sporting city with: two professional football clubs, Nottinghamshire Cricket Club, Nottingham Panthers (Ice hockey) and Holme Pierre-point (The National Water Sports Centre) plenty of sporting attractions. On the whole though Forest generally maintain a decent level of support, if they start well that will continue to rise. Getting Ipswich back to regular 20,000+ crowds is going to be a real challenge and that's where our ticket promotions have to be a little more imaginative.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 08:05 - Jul 20 with 2690 viewsRomeo4

Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 07:49 - Jul 19 by trncbluearmy

I don’t think our season ticket promotion was botched, it just didn’t last long enough. However the main issue I have is that the post-early bird price is ridiculous.
Nottm Forest have sold almost 20,000 season tickets on 09:05 - Jul 20 with 2644 viewsWarkTheWark

Two year ST - £250 a year but tied in for two. Winning strategy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024