Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer holidibobs 18:55 - Jul 18 with 4108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where are you all off to? I've belatedly just booked a week in the Loire valley followed by a week on the coast just north of Bordeaux. Both in safari tents, which is a bit of a cheat in my eyes, but the family are a bit soft.

Did think about this place, but her indoors wasn't too keen for some reason. https://en.flowercampings.com/campsite-provence/camping-naturiste-les-lauzons

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Summer holidibobs on 18:59 - Jul 18 with 2642 viewsWD19

Coast north of Biarritz.

Are you Hourtin Plage or La Rive or similar?
Summer holidibobs on 19:00 - Jul 18 with 2638 viewsfooters

Off to Paris for the first time in a couple of weeks. Have always avoided it previously but a mate's dad has a flat going begging for the week so having a cheeky little crash there. Any recommendations that don't involve standing ten-deep in front of a mediocre picture?

Going to Croatia once all the mummies and daddies have vanished in late September.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Summer holidibobs on 19:06 - Jul 18 with 2621 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Somerset next Friday, fishing for a week with my lad.

Conil de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz in late September with Mrs Pinewood & friends. Villa near the beach, not an "English bar" in sight, plenty of tapas, San Miguel & culture. Bliss.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Summer holidibobs on 19:08 - Jul 18 with 2610 viewsfactual_blue

Lovely parts of the world, both of them. I know this couple who've finally fully moved to the Loire Valley this year (shameless plug)

https://www.loirevalleyleisureholidays.com/

Bordeaux is a great city, and the surrounding coastline and countryside is beautiful. Places to go - Meschers, Cadillac, St Emilion, Soulac-sur-mer, Royan (and the Phare du Cordouan), the Bassin d'Arcachon with the largest sand dune in Europe. There's a nice water park near Arcachon.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Summer holidibobs on 19:09 - Jul 18 with 2604 viewsSwansea_Blue

Summer holidibobs on 18:59 - Jul 18 by WD19

Coast north of Biarritz.

Are you Hourtin Plage or La Rive or similar?

Further north. We''re up between Royan and Îlle d'Oléron for the second week. A relatively small Flower camping site - Camping Les Côtes de Saintonge. La Rive looks great, kids would have loved that, bit late now! No idea what the area's like though. Both the Loirevand that bit of the coast are new for us.

Summer holidibobs on 19:10 - Jul 18 with 2603 viewsDurovigutum

Hong Kong, Sydney, Brisbane for a four week trip. Please don't burgle my house....
Summer holidibobs on 19:11 - Jul 18 with 2600 viewslowhouseblue

glorious suffolk. but i drop down to about 1 day a week in the office for about 6 weeks which is blissful.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Summer holidibobs on 19:12 - Jul 18 with 2598 viewsfactual_blue

Summer holidibobs on 19:09 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

Further north. We''re up between Royan and Îlle d'Oléron for the second week. A relatively small Flower camping site - Camping Les Côtes de Saintonge. La Rive looks great, kids would have loved that, bit late now! No idea what the area's like though. Both the Loirevand that bit of the coast are new for us.

Didn't realise you meant that far north!

Most of the islands there are worth a visit - Oleron, Ile d'Aix, Ile de Re. I can PM you more if you want - known that area for 30+ years

Login to get fewer ads

Summer holidibobs on 19:13 - Jul 18 with 2593 viewshomer_123

Devon, Scotland and Ireland with a jaunt over to Antwerp as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Summer holidibobs on 19:14 - Jul 18 with 2592 viewsfooters

Summer holidibobs on 19:10 - Jul 18 by Durovigutum

Hong Kong, Sydney, Brisbane for a four week trip. Please don't burgle my house....

I'll keep it safe. What's your address?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Summer holidibobs on 19:19 - Jul 18 with 2568 viewswkj

Dennington

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Summer holidibobs on 19:21 - Jul 18 with 2567 viewsSwansea_Blue

Summer holidibobs on 19:08 - Jul 18 by factual_blue

Lovely parts of the world, both of them. I know this couple who've finally fully moved to the Loire Valley this year (shameless plug)

https://www.loirevalleyleisureholidays.com/

Bordeaux is a great city, and the surrounding coastline and countryside is beautiful. Places to go - Meschers, Cadillac, St Emilion, Soulac-sur-mer, Royan (and the Phare du Cordouan), the Bassin d'Arcachon with the largest sand dune in Europe. There's a nice water park near Arcachon.

Useful intel thanks. Mescheres, Royan both close, as will be Soulac-sur-mer if there's a ferry from the north! Sand dunes right up our street being geographers, bit of a drive but we'll add it to the possibles list. Looking forward to it, I've never made it west of Perígord region before.

We're not a million miles from your shameless plug in the Loire; just the other side of Saumur.

Summer holidibobs on 19:25 - Jul 18 with 2552 viewsbrogansnose

Corsica

Olmeto area.
Summer holidibobs on 19:26 - Jul 18 with 2549 viewsRomeo4

La Tranche-sur-mer in the Vendee. About an hour north of La Rochelle. Can’t come round quick enough!
Summer holidibobs on 19:28 - Jul 18 with 2539 viewsSwansea_Blue

Summer holidibobs on 19:00 - Jul 18 by footers

Off to Paris for the first time in a couple of weeks. Have always avoided it previously but a mate's dad has a flat going begging for the week so having a cheeky little crash there. Any recommendations that don't involve standing ten-deep in front of a mediocre picture?

Going to Croatia once all the mummies and daddies have vanished in late September.

Sounds great, I've only spent a long weekend in Paris as a tourist. But yeah, that mostly involved queuing! You get a bit of space and time around Notre Dame to just chill - well worth it. We hit the tourist traps, felt we had to on a first visit. Missed the Louvre though as the queues were stupid. I just liked around in the street cafes in small squares (for coffee or preferably beer).

Croatia has been on my wish list for years, you lucky so and so.

Summer holidibobs on 19:30 - Jul 18 with 2533 viewsgtsb

Went to Sorrento for a week a couple of weeks ago with the Mrs and in September I'm going to Malgrat De Mar in Spain with six mates for a week for our annual mates holiday.
Summer holidibobs on 19:31 - Jul 18 with 2522 viewscatch74

Summer holidibobs on 19:19 - Jul 18 by wkj

Dennington

Lived in Badingham for a while - hear the White Horse is up and running again (the Badingham one as more or less every pub round there is the White Horse!)

Up to Suffolk for a few days - Felixtowe! - plus a bit of Yoxford to Woodbridge and coast area Then off to Crete.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Summer holidibobs on 19:40 - Jul 18 with 2490 viewsfactual_blue

Summer holidibobs on 19:26 - Jul 18 by Romeo4

La Tranche-sur-mer in the Vendee. About an hour north of La Rochelle. Can’t come round quick enough!

Know it well!

La Rochelle, Les Sables d'Olonne, the various islands all worth a visit. A bit of a trek but Puy de Fou is an excellent day (or more) out.

http://www.puydufou.com/en?language_content_entity=en

Summer holidibobs on 19:42 - Jul 18 with 2485 viewsKieran_Knows

Off to Florida for a couple of weeks in September. Really looking forward to it. Hoping to take in an Orlando City game whilst I’m there!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer holidibobs on 19:42 - Jul 18 with 2480 viewsfactual_blue

Summer holidibobs on 19:21 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

Useful intel thanks. Mescheres, Royan both close, as will be Soulac-sur-mer if there's a ferry from the north! Sand dunes right up our street being geographers, bit of a drive but we'll add it to the possibles list. Looking forward to it, I've never made it west of Perígord region before.

We're not a million miles from your shameless plug in the Loire; just the other side of Saumur.

There is indeed a ferry.

http://www.bernezac.com/passages_eau_royan_verdon_uk.htm

Summer holidibobs on 19:50 - Jul 18 with 2454 viewsStokieBlue

Summer holidibobs on 19:06 - Jul 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

Somerset next Friday, fishing for a week with my lad.

Conil de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz in late September with Mrs Pinewood & friends. Villa near the beach, not an "English bar" in sight, plenty of tapas, San Miguel & culture. Bliss.

I know that area fairly well if you want some ideas on places to go that might not be immediately apparently.

Some real gems in that area on Andalucia.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Summer holidibobs on 19:51 - Jul 18 with 2451 viewsLesta_Tractor

Summer holidibobs on 19:09 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

Royan zoo is worth a visit, just don’t get attacked by the Pygmy goats

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Summer holidibobs on 19:52 - Jul 18 with 2448 viewsStokieBlue

Heading to Melbourne for 10 days or so (few days in the Grampians whilst we are there) and then Singapore for 3 nights on the way back.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Summer holidibobs on 19:54 - Jul 18 with 2439 viewsAce_High1

Summer holidibobs on 19:52 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

Heading to Melbourne for 10 days or so (few days in the Grampians whilst we are there) and then Singapore for 3 nights on the way back.

SB

What time of the year are you going?

I am thinking of going again to Australia. Thinking about Christmas this year.
Summer holidibobs on 20:05 - Jul 18 with 2398 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Summer holidibobs on 19:50 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

I know that area fairly well if you want some ideas on places to go that might not be immediately apparently.

Some real gems in that area on Andalucia.

SB

Thanks Stokie. You gave me some good info on a similar thread a while back, may well pick your brains nearer the time though if thats ok.

Am hoping to see Cadiz, Seville, Vejer, possible day trip to Tangier, Flamenco in Jerez, so any other suggestions will be most welcome.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 20:11]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024