Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lowestoft reaction.. 22:15 - Jul 18 with 3071 viewsMrTown

Overall a fair result based upon two very different styles of play. Lowestoft a threat through their physicality, leading the line with a very very big man up top. Town certainly looked more to zip the ball around the pitch, many many technical players for Town tonight.

Stand Out performances:
Aaron Drinan - lead the line superbly well, very strong, quick and physical without being the tallest, played the short game into feet at times whilst also like to play on the shoulder and spin in behind.

Dylan Crowe - Moved to central midfield tonight, (thought he was a right back). First half controlled the game alongside McGavin and everything went through them two. A very technically gifted footballer, maybe a little bit off first team due to physicality.

Brett McGavin - likewise a very technically gifted central midfielder, seems to come out of nowhere but certainly didn’t look out of place tonight or Braintree.

Notable mentions: Ben Folami / Barry Cotter - both showed glimpses of real class but weren’t consistent enough, but the talent is certainly there.

Only negative was the performance of Jordan Roberts, I thought he would be a level above everyone tonight but didnt offer too much at all bar a few good crosses. Doesn’t have the pace to go past someone, and hasn’t shown the tricky yet. Maybe needs bit more time to settle in yet.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:20 - Jul 18 with 2973 viewsBluefish

Cheers

Did Jake chambers Shaw play for them? Was at the 2nd greatest club in the world last season

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:20 - Jul 18 with 2965 viewsMeadowlark

Do you have the teamsheet? I was there but apart from the players that have featured in the 1st team I don't know who they were. Need to match names to numbers!
Edit: Found it.
ITFC U23s lineup- Wright, Cotter, Webber, McGavin, Marshall, Ndaba, Fulami, Crowe, Drinan, Lankester, Roberts

Apart from Cotter who I thought was easily our best player, McGavin also did some good things.
Early on, the bench kept swapping Fulami and Roberts from right to left, then back again, which caused them more confusion than it did the opposition. If 10 was indeed Lankaster he was quite sharp and looked impressive but faded as the match went on.
A draw was a fair result. The pitch was rock hard and players were heard complaining about it.
Nice to see Mr Hurst smiling and having selfies taken with fans at half-time.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:40]
Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:29 - Jul 18 with 2857 viewsMrTown

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:20 - Jul 18 by Meadowlark

Do you have the teamsheet? I was there but apart from the players that have featured in the 1st team I don't know who they were. Need to match names to numbers!
ITFC U23s lineup- Wright, Cotter, Webber, McGavin, Marshall, Ndaba, Fulami, Crowe, Drinan, Lankester, Roberts

Apart from Cotter who I thought was easily our best player, McGavin also did some good things.
Early on, the bench kept swapping Fulami and Roberts from right to left, then back again, which caused them more confusion than it did the opposition. If 10 was indeed Lankaster he was quite sharp and looked impressive but faded as the match went on.
A draw was a fair result. The pitch was rock hard and players were heard complaining about it.

1. Harry Wright - GK
2. Barry Cotter - RB
3. Pat Webber - LB
4. Brett McGavin - CM
5. Ross Marshall - CB
6. Corrie Ndaba - CB
7. Ben Folami - RW
8. Dylan Crowe - CM
9. Aaron Drinan - ST
10. Jack Lankester - ST
11. Jordan Roberts - LW

Subs:
12. Armando Dobra - CM
13. Mitchell Ware - Unused
14. Riley Scott - CM
15. Irdris El Mizouni - Unused
16. Bailey Clements - LB
17. Kai Brown - RW

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:29 - Jul 18 with 2854 viewsDiceMan

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:20 - Jul 18 by Meadowlark

Poll: Best Sheffield Band?

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:32 - Jul 18 with 2830 viewsMrTown

Lowestoft reaction.. on 22:20 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

Cheers

Did Jake chambers Shaw play for them? Was at the 2nd greatest club in the world last season

Didn’t see their team sheet and didn’t hear his name over the tannoy. Only name that stood out for Lowestoft was Ben Vomes (No.11), their goalscorer played on the inside left, had really good feet and technically sound, could easily be very very competent in the conference.

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:03 - Jul 19 with 2171 viewsitfcjoe

I think I saw it a little differently to you, didn't feel Drinan got into the game enough and it was Jack Lankester who really impressed me in the front players - seems to have got quicker, bulked up a bit and has really excellent feet in tight positions. He could really kick on this year I think - Drinan was a bit sloppy on the ball and didn't hold it up well for me - but it is all about opinions.

Crowe is an excellent presser, covers the ground excellently and is so fast at accelerating, took him a while to get going as kept ending up on the floor moaning at the ref initially, think he could progress quite quickly here.

McGavin did some good things but a few bad things - was given a lot of time on the ball and gave it away a few too many times for me, but thought it was a promising performance.

Barry Cotter is an unbelievable athlete - just so fast. He gets himself out of trouble like that and did well enough overall for me.

Wouldn't like to comment too much on Roberts as he was very poor - he kept moaning about the pitch which annoyed me too as just needed to get on with it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:12 - Jul 19 with 2147 viewsBluefish

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:03 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

I think I saw it a little differently to you, didn't feel Drinan got into the game enough and it was Jack Lankester who really impressed me in the front players - seems to have got quicker, bulked up a bit and has really excellent feet in tight positions. He could really kick on this year I think - Drinan was a bit sloppy on the ball and didn't hold it up well for me - but it is all about opinions.

Crowe is an excellent presser, covers the ground excellently and is so fast at accelerating, took him a while to get going as kept ending up on the floor moaning at the ref initially, think he could progress quite quickly here.

McGavin did some good things but a few bad things - was given a lot of time on the ball and gave it away a few too many times for me, but thought it was a promising performance.

Barry Cotter is an unbelievable athlete - just so fast. He gets himself out of trouble like that and did well enough overall for me.

Wouldn't like to comment too much on Roberts as he was very poor - he kept moaning about the pitch which annoyed me too as just needed to get on with it.

Do you think Crowe has kicked on now then I follow your comments as much as possible and noted you weren't hugely impressed before.

Good time to say thank you for your academy updates, i love them and hearing who is up and coming

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:13 - Jul 19 with 2137 viewsitfc48

"Barry Cotter is an unbelievable athlete - just so fast. He gets himself out of trouble like that and did well enough overall for me."

Have never seen Cotter play however reading your quote, is he comparable to Mings?
Login to get fewer ads

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:29 - Jul 19 with 2095 viewsdirtyboy

I'll give a report of the game based upon the (roughly) 10 minutes before the Drinnan goal and the two and a half after.

I decided last minute to go, so obviously, when in a rush, caught the train in Oulton Broad, meaning by the time i'd found a parking space, I'd missed the first four or five minutes at a guess, but I pays my fiver and in I goes.

Quite nice not recognising players, doesn't give you any preconceived ideas, so I was just noting numbers and seeing how they got on.

I thought numbers 8 and 6 looked comfortable and nice touches, head up and playing.......And there you go! That's my report.

Just after the goal I got a call from my Grandad who's pretty ill, so I rushed off to attend him in pain..he was fine when I left him around 10pm, but was rushed into hospital at 4am this morning...i'm knackered right now and gutted to miss the rest of the game and see how it panned out.

He's told me he'll pay for my ticket lol!
Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:39 - Jul 19 with 2060 viewsSnedders

Spot on for me re Drinan - was more impressed with Lankester. Lovely play to set up the first goal.

Also thought Ndada looked good at the back
Lowestoft reaction.. on 11:18 - Jul 19 with 2008 viewsitfcjoe

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:12 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Do you think Crowe has kicked on now then I follow your comments as much as possible and noted you weren't hugely impressed before.

Good time to say thank you for your academy updates, i love them and hearing who is up and coming

No worries, i wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it!

He seems to have picked up from being away with England in the summer - he's always been a great athlete but a little on the small side - but he flies around similar to how Nydam does when a press is on and think that is something Hurst looks for.

Lowestoft reaction.. on 11:20 - Jul 19 with 2002 viewsitfcjoe

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:13 - Jul 19 by itfc48

"Barry Cotter is an unbelievable athlete - just so fast. He gets himself out of trouble like that and did well enough overall for me."

Have never seen Cotter play however reading your quote, is he comparable to Mings?

He seems more of a fast twitch athlete than a big strider - just flies from a standing start and gets himself in the right position. Mings had that, but also could open his legs when getting up the pitch and effortlessly outpace players and get away from them - whereas Hurst is a bit more of a sprinter (if that makes sense)

Lowestoft reaction.. on 18:40 - Jul 19 with 1825 viewsMeadowlark

Lowestoft reaction.. on 10:39 - Jul 19 by Snedders

Spot on for me re Drinan - was more impressed with Lankester. Lovely play to set up the first goal.

Also thought Ndada looked good at the back

Yes. Lankaster good, Drinan not so good on last night's performance. (That was another reason I asked for confirmation of shirt numbers in my first post!) Thought I might have mixed them up after the OP comments!
But just one match eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024