Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA melt down and societal split 22:50 - Jul 18 with 1807 viewsunstableblue

As the Trump fall out continues and he uses his proven diversionary tactics to stir anger by comparing the democrats to a ultra violent drug gang

Polls show his base continues to blindly support him and become more marginalised - a key republican group leader states - “"I disregard and discount anything that involves the mainstream media press."

That media is simply reporting truth. What a fecked up society, and Trump is stirring the volatile mix.

A liberal and generally nice US friend texted - “I hate 50% of my country, which is terrible”
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 22:53]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

USA melt down and societal split on 23:05 - Jul 18 with 1767 viewsHerbivore

If nothing else the last couple of years have shown us that the US and UK education systems are horribly broken.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

USA melt down and societal split on 23:16 - Jul 18 with 1739 viewsSpruceMoose

As my wife (who is originally from the south) often says, I'm glad we live in New York,and not America.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

USA melt down and societal split on 23:18 - Jul 18 with 1727 viewsunstableblue

USA melt down and societal split on 23:16 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

As my wife (who is originally from the south) often says, I'm glad we live in New York,and not America.

Where abouts in NY are you Spruce?

USA melt down and societal split on 23:23 - Jul 18 with 1721 viewsBluefish

I hate 52% of our voters, it isn't really that different. They are louder and brasher but we usually follow their lead
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 23:23]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

USA melt down and societal split on 23:39 - Jul 18 with 1708 viewsGuthrum

Trump's core support will still continue to back him. What may, however, make a difference is the views of those floating voters who gave him just enough of a critical mass to make it into the White House. The ones who, before the election, professed to dislike - even despise - Trump, but thought Clinton was just another product of the Washington system which they believed had served them so ill.

It depends whether they are impressed with the current Presidential circus and, crucially, whether he delivers enough benefits to satisfy them economically. There will be a test of that in November and more about a year after that as the reelection campaign (if he stands) gets under way.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

USA melt down and societal split on 23:54 - Jul 18 with 1671 viewsSpruceMoose

USA melt down and societal split on 23:18 - Jul 18 by unstableblue

Where abouts in NY are you Spruce?

We live in Brooklyn bud. Coming up for two years now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

USA melt down and societal split on 00:12 - Jul 19 with 1653 viewsunstableblue

USA melt down and societal split on 23:54 - Jul 18 by SpruceMoose

We live in Brooklyn bud. Coming up for two years now.

Ah Brooklyn - you lucky boy. Some great bars

Been staying at The Beckman in Manhattan on recent trips - love that hotel, bit trendy!

USA melt down and societal split on 06:54 - Jul 19 with 1516 viewsPinewoodblue

At least with the referendum there was a good turnout. In the US only around 55% of those of an age eligible to vote bother to register and then to vote. Even then you can vote whoever you like by adding that persons name.

In truth little more than one in four of the potential electorate voted for Trump. Your liberal minded friend clearly isn't very good with maths.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

USA melt down and societal split on 07:40 - Jul 19 with 1452 viewsRegencyBlue

USA melt down and societal split on 23:23 - Jul 18 by Bluefish

I hate 52% of our voters, it isn't really that different. They are louder and brasher but we usually follow their lead
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 23:23]

So basically you are saying you hate everyone who didn’t vote the way you wanted them to.

What a fantastic role model for democracy!!!
USA melt down and societal split on 07:42 - Jul 19 with 1448 viewsBluefish

USA melt down and societal split on 07:40 - Jul 19 by RegencyBlue

So basically you are saying you hate everyone who didn’t vote the way you wanted them to.

What a fantastic role model for democracy!!!

Yep burn em all then democracy should work

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

USA melt down and societal split on 08:29 - Jul 19 with 1388 viewsOldsmoker

USA melt down and societal split on 23:39 - Jul 18 by Guthrum

Trump's core support will still continue to back him. What may, however, make a difference is the views of those floating voters who gave him just enough of a critical mass to make it into the White House. The ones who, before the election, professed to dislike - even despise - Trump, but thought Clinton was just another product of the Washington system which they believed had served them so ill.

It depends whether they are impressed with the current Presidential circus and, crucially, whether he delivers enough benefits to satisfy them economically. There will be a test of that in November and more about a year after that as the reelection campaign (if he stands) gets under way.

I believe that the "Drain the Swamp" message resonated with a lot of Americans. They see Trump fighting the status quo and believe that's what he's doing. Trump has made appointments to key agencies that I think makes that swamp even worse eg. Scott Pruitt (now gone) at the Environment Protection Agency.
There is a great deal of frustration with the way that Congress operates. I'm bemused by the way a law is presented and then someone is allowed to tag on a completely unrelated amendment which no-one wants so the bill is defeated. Scoring political points seems to be much more important to these lawmakers than actually passing laws.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024