Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberts at Lowestoft last night... 08:36 - Jul 19 with 2172 viewsBLUEBEAT

I know you can’t judge a player on one match but he was probably the least effective player on the pitch last night.

Poll: W or W

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:47 - Jul 19 with 2021 viewsBluefish

Senior players don't often star in u23 games

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:50 - Jul 19 with 1986 viewsBLUEBEAT

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:47 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Thanks for the info.

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:52 - Jul 19 with 1966 viewsGeoffSentence

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:47 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

They should do though, so why not? Attitude problem?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:57 - Jul 19 with 1922 viewsBluefish

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:52 - Jul 19 by GeoffSentence

They should do though, so why not? Attitude problem?

Not necessarily. I played senior level football for years and would occasionally turn out for the ressies with my mates when we didn't have a game. I would sometimes struggle for impact more than the 1st team. Could be my attitude without me realising it but could be different styles of the game and team. I think expectation that you would run the show made you play in a different way and I carried that same expectation and thrived in 1st team games. I had 1 half season when I played ressies football and it became a lot easier when i adjusted but one off games weren't as simple

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:02 - Jul 19 with 1872 viewsportmanking

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:57 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Not necessarily. I played senior level football for years and would occasionally turn out for the ressies with my mates when we didn't have a game. I would sometimes struggle for impact more than the 1st team. Could be my attitude without me realising it but could be different styles of the game and team. I think expectation that you would run the show made you play in a different way and I carried that same expectation and thrived in 1st team games. I had 1 half season when I played ressies football and it became a lot easier when i adjusted but one off games weren't as simple

Ah excellent, that's a top comparison of yourself as an amateur level senior player and a full-time professional...
Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:02 - Jul 19 with 1861 viewsBluefish

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:02 - Jul 19 by portmanking

Ah excellent, that's a top comparison of yourself as an amateur level senior player and a full-time professional...

Thank you, I agree

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:04 - Jul 19 with 1835 viewsBluefish

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:50 - Jul 19 by BLUEBEAT

Thanks for the info.

No problem, glad to help. Let us know if you have any other questions

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:05 - Jul 19 with 1819 viewsBLUEBEAT

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 08:57 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

I think you’re wrong here concerning Roberts. He’s a new signing coming into a transitional team who play at a higher level. Every training session and match should be an essential stepping stone for him. He isn’t an established senior player at this club and from what I saw last night, and from other snippets I’ve read here and elsewhere, I’m not sure he will be.

Login to get fewer ads

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:24 - Jul 19 with 1728 viewsLeoMuff

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:04 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

No problem, glad to help. Let us know if you have any other questions

Landlord, mortgage advisor, life councillor, ex semi pro footy star is there nothing you can’t do mr big stuff ?

Swoon.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:26 - Jul 19 with 1717 viewsBluefish

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 09:24 - Jul 19 by LeoMuff

Landlord, mortgage advisor, life councillor, ex semi pro footy star is there nothing you can’t do mr big stuff ?

Swoon.

I'm not very good at art. That's probably about it though

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 10:13 - Jul 19 with 1573 viewsitfcjoe

He was very poor last night - one thing I didn't like is that he kept moaning about the pitch rather than getting on with it.

At one point he walked back after miscontrolling a ball and giving it away and for about the 4th time said "This f**king pitch", I was standing next to George Williams and Bryan Klug and neither of them looked impressed with that.

I do think expectations need to be tempered with him too though, he was a free transfer from Crawley, and in his 2 seasons at Crawley started 39 league games and was a used sub in 19, Last season he started 25 games and was a used sub in 10 so he wasn't even a regular for them.

He's squad depth, and much more will be a bonus - he's not someone who has ripped up L2 and earned a big move.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 10:36 - Jul 19 with 1483 viewsSnedders

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 10:13 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

He was very poor last night - one thing I didn't like is that he kept moaning about the pitch rather than getting on with it.

At one point he walked back after miscontrolling a ball and giving it away and for about the 4th time said "This f**king pitch", I was standing next to George Williams and Bryan Klug and neither of them looked impressed with that.

I do think expectations need to be tempered with him too though, he was a free transfer from Crawley, and in his 2 seasons at Crawley started 39 league games and was a used sub in 19, Last season he started 25 games and was a used sub in 10 so he wasn't even a regular for them.

He's squad depth, and much more will be a bonus - he's not someone who has ripped up L2 and earned a big move.

I didn't like his attitude either - I was over the other side in the second half and he was having a moan about our players not passing to him..."Pass me the f**king ball"....not very encouraging at all towards the younger players.
Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 10:37 - Jul 19 with 1468 viewsBluefish

Roberts at Lowestoft last night... on 10:13 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

Mate I think you dropped something heavy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024